Samez's Graphics

Samez

Emperor
Here you will be able to find some of my graphic works I release here.

Wonders
Coastal Defense Gun
I made this Wonder splash as request of Deuskane.
It inculdes three WWIIera coastal guns. The first one is an asian (IIRC from Singapore) the second a Swedish and the last one from the US.
Each of them is available as standard splash(without the asian one), in oilpainting style, and as black&white version.
The file also includes the Civopedia Icons (128x128 and 32x32) which are based on Wyrmshadows coastal gun unit icons.

So a huge "Thank you!" to Wyrmshadow for his great work
and here the splash previews:
Spoiler :

download me here

Akademgorodok
Akademgorodok means academic town. There were several built in the USSR where Novosibirsk is the largest. They provided superior suply of consumable products and increased living conditions the the sientific staff and their families.
I would recommend to give this wonder +science and /or + happiness (this city only)

The file contains two versions of the splash (one with Sigma and one without) and two versions of the pedia icons (a green one and a smaler version of the clean splash)

Spoiler :

download me here
If required i can also make widescreen version of it

BASF/Chemical Industry
The file contains splash an pedia icons

Spoiler :

download me here

Psychoanalysis
The file contains splash an pedia icons. The couch I choose for pedia icon to resemble the analytic sessions

Spoiler :

download me here

Qur'an
It can be used as any type of (holy/iluminated) book but it is originally a qur'an..
For pedia icons I included the heroic epic book.
Spoiler :

download me here

Gay Marriage
requested by Aethelend
should have similar effects as Universal Sufferage
I am not really happy about the roundness of the rings in the splash but somehow trying to improve it allways resulted in even worse blocks....

Spoiler :

download me here

Great Pipeline
Could increase productivity and give some financial boni.
Pipelines can be seen as the veins of every modern economy as they transport the blood (oil and gas) of most nations. They guarantee military operability (e.g. NATO Central Europe Pipeline System during the Cold War) and produce dependencies (e.g. Ukrainian-Russian gas conflicts).
The zip contains also an additional wide-screen wondersplash.

Spoiler :

download me here

Landwirtschaftliche ProduktionsGenossenschaft
The LPG was the East German correspondent to the Soviet Kolkhoz.

Spoiler :

download me here

Worker and Kolkhoz Woman

The worker an kolkhoz woman statue was first presented 1937 on the world exhibition in Paris. The hammer and sickle showed from expostion area in the east to the Eiffel Tower in the west. Stalin relocated the statue later to Moscow.

Spoiler :

download me here

Buildings

Pleasure Pier and Lighthouse
Two coastal 19th/20th century buildings. Pleasure pier should improve happines at the cost of maintenance (as the piers had to be repared quite often because of storms and accidents) and should be available as early tourist improvement.
The lighthouse has multiple use (eg. improved commerce on water tiles)
The icons ware made with google scetchup using Ares de Borg's great waterterrain as background

download me here

Fortified Border, Radome and Missile Silo
I use all the three buildings for autoproducing units. Fortified Border could also replace barracks or walls. Radome can either be used as military version or civil weather-radar...

download me here

Anno 1404 Conversion Pack
Some Anno 1404 CnP building conversions.

download me here

Coolio!:D
Nice work!:goodjob:

Nice work. :thumbsup: Just for the future, I don't think so many splash options are necessary/desirable, maybe like two or three of the ones you think are best. It's more work on your side but you're the artist, you get to choose what graphics will represent your work. Remember too, that many will make their own tweaks if they want it slightly different anyway. Reading like a book I like one of 1 or 3 and 4 or 5. But all that of course is a minor point. :)

Very nice work! I like the multiple splashes, although I have no use for the coastal gun, but the Akademgorodok is a very cool splash that I shouldn't pass up for my space mod, as it could pass as a physics lab, especially with that really cool sigma.
The sigma reminds me of the Half Life lambda sign...

Thanks for the feedback!
They are my first wonders but I allready did some tech icons (you can find at the database)

Concerning multiple versions:
I know the Coastal Gun is a little excessive but as I have made them all I thought I could also share them...

The Koran splash is especially nice. :)

One word of advice, it looks like you've forgotten to increase the colors to 16 million (or some programs call it converting to an RGB workspace) on the Large pedia icon before resizing to 32x32 for the small. I generally will do this and then maybe sharpen and increase brightness and colors by a little before shrinking. That's a very general process and of course everyone will have their own little way of doing things but increasing colors (or creating the small icon before indexing) is definitely something that'll be good to keep in mind for a cleaner, clearer image. :)

By way of showing what I meant...

I've done a version of the Freud small pedia icon where the main difference is increasing the colors of the large pedia icon to 16 million before shrinking and reindexing. It comes out a little cleaner and less pixelated. :)

I've attached it below to do with as you like.

Attachments

• Freud_small.pcx
    2 KB · Views: 83
I added the Gay Marriage wonder in the first post...
atm I am working in some new cold war era buildings (radome, missile silo and fortified border)

I added the Great Pipeline wonder.
As it is not possible to represent oil- and gas-pipelines with the c3c engine I decided to make them as some kind of 20th century (small)wonder. (of course they can also be used as buildings)

The Singapore coast defense gun is one of the 15 inch, 42 caliber naval guns the British sited there for coast defense, so it is not Asian in origin. The only large caliber Asian coast defense pieces that you might find some pictures of would be the Japanese weapons mounted on the island of Tsushima. There are pictures of one of the 8 inch guns the Japanese sited on Tarawa Atoll available, but those were actually British-built guns taken off of old Japanese ships that had been built and armed in Britain.

I added the LPG and the Worker and Kolkhoz woman wonder to the first post.

Attachments

• preview.gif
    preview.gif
    58.4 KB · Views: 491
Top Bottom