Sana06 - Demigod Luddites

sanabas

Psycho Bunny
Hall of Fame Staff
Version: C3C 1.22
Difficulty: Demigod
Variant: Zero research. We are not allowed to use the great library either.
VC: All enabled, all allowed. Unless we want to specify SS? :crazyeye:
Settings: Open to discussion. 'pelago or pangaea? goody huts allowed?
Rules: Reputation good, exploits bad.

Roster:

Sanabas
Bucephalus
Despair888
HomeyG
Tribute
Beorn-el-Feared?

OK, pangaea, no goody huts works for me, we may as well make it tough. I will randomly pick a civ I haven't played lately, and roll a few starts. I'll post them tonight. In fact, after thinking about it quickly, pangaea, no goody huts is simply screaming out for Portugal. (This is Idiot Academy thinking for those who haven't encountered it before.) Any particularly strenuous objections to Portugal?

Sounds fine to me. We're only playing on Demigod. Portugal, no science, pangaea, and no goody huts should definately be fun. Of course, I'm not too particular on what civ we play as.

Tribute said:
Screaming Portugal, huh? Is that for the difficulty?
Let's see. Seafaring=bad for pangaea Expansionist=bad with no huts

Less for the difficulty, and more based on the sounds like a good idea at the time theory of civving.

Okay, I guess. Though this will be very hard. However, it might be better (for me) with a non-expansionist agricultural type civ.

Despite the no huts, EXP isn't as bad as it seems. Our only way to get techs is via trade, and one of the biggest things that help early trades is early contacts, especially when it lets you play middleman between AIs that don't know each other. I have no idea how tough this will be, but out-expanding demigod AIs is very doable, with proper trading and proper warring, it shouldn't be that tough. I know I said I'll post starts tonight, but I got sidetracked. They'll be posted tomorrow.

I did forget to ask this before though. Roughly what level are you guys at? I am assuming everyone is comfortable beating at least Emperor?

I've only played above Emperor twice. I won both times on Demi-God and Deity. So I think I should be okay. Most of the time I play on Emperor, sometimes Monarch.

On the Expansionist, we could turn goody huts on if you wanted. Even without goody huts though, Expansionist is not a terrible trait. The early contacts will come in handy since we won't be able to research techs. Entirely up to you if you want them on or off, makes no difference to me.

Your roster looks fuller than full and I need the extra time, thus I'll leave my chair for someone else. Only reasons though :(

Beorn-eL-Feared said:
Your roster looks fuller than full and I need the extra time, thus I'll leave my chair for someone else. Only reasons though :(

No worries. I expect to see Idiot Academy advice through the game.

Tribute said:
]I believe that the Civ-Fanatics here desire to begin the SG, Sanabas. Would you like to play the first set/roll the start? Or are you going to pass it on to someone else?

Start coming soon. I'll play the first set.

Top Bottom