Sanabas' game planning thread

sanabas

Psycho Bunny
Hall of Fame Staff
This thread is for recruiting cult members SG players. All C3C games will be in 1.22, all RaR games will be in 1.04 prebeta until something better appears. 1.04 prebeta patch can be found at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2687194&postcount=65 for those interested. RaR itself can be found in the modpacks forum, if anyone needs a link say so and I'll find one. If you want to sign up to a game, just say so.

I will float 4 ideas to start with, if anyone else has bright ideas they want to play, please say so. Idiots always welcome. First two to fill I will start.

OK

Idea the first: RaR sacrifice game. We will win by 25k culture, we will only get culture in our 25k city by sacrificing enemy workers. Level anywhere from Emperor to Deity, depending on team votes.

Roster:

Sanabas
Beorn-el-Feared
ThERat (maybe)
open x 2

Idea the second: RaR training game. Again, emperor to demigod, no variants, simply a game to get used to RaR again, or to learn RaR from scratch for those who have never played it. Other interesting RaR games include Sana 01, Sana03, Bez1, and multiple LK games. Interesting reads, Bez1 was a whole lot of fun to play.

Roster:
Sanabas
open x 4

Idea the third:
C3C, Demigod, no science. I don't think I've played a no science game, so why not try one.

Roster:
Sanabas
open x 4

Idea the hang on I've forgotten what finger I'm up to:
C3C, Emperor, training shaped game. Will simply play the first start rolled, with everything random.

roster:
Sanabas
open x 4

Idea the fifth:
Your idea goes here.

I'm Interested in 2,3, or 4.

I'll definitely still play 1 if you decide to go with that. I haven't played RaR in quite some time though, but I'm sure I'd be able to catch up on it again real fast if needed.

3 or 4 would probably be most preferred. However, I'm in, regardless of what you choose. I'm on most days and nights.

1 and 3, maybe 4 are interesting, but you know the issues people have with time and 5+ SG's :rolleyes:

classical_hero said:
I am interested in number 2 but could we go for a higher level of play, say Deity?

Maybe. I would need to be convinced that all players are capable of playing deity level. i.e. they are at least partly familiar with RaR, and that they have game basics like MMing, trading, early expansion, etc down well enough to consistently beat say emperor or DG in C3C. I don't mind doing a training game about that stuff, or having it as an issue in a lower level, but I don't want to run a high level game that involves me getting frustrated at basic issues like MM.

I don't want to run 2 trainingesque games at once, so the two games I will start will be the basic, no variant RAR, especially because I haven't played RaR in 12 months and will be very rusty, and the C3C no research. Threads will be started after I have dinner.

Beorn-eL-Feared said:
1 and 3, maybe 4 are interesting, but you know the issues people have with time and 5+ SG's :rolleyes:

They are only an issue if you want to have one of those 'life' things I keep hearing about. Want to sign up for the no research, and just be a 6th on the roster for RaR and take an occasional set if you have time?

excuse me i was only offering a helpful suggestion you should take more care and respect your elders better (Not Happy)

I believe our friend leoman meant we should try an 'automate all workers' variant. Not that it didn't feel like spam, mind you (especially after seeing the automate all workers spam he did elsewhere), I have to say that after reflexion and translation, he was offering inquisitively unharmful thoughts. My .02 on this is that we've tried it before in Who1 and it wasn't that enjoyable; you always somewhat feel left on your own by your workforce.

About time, the SID game died in the egg and if I refrain myself from playing those XOTM things, I'll be just fine. Looking forward to get working bears and bunnies happy together in the greenest of forests.

sanabas said:
Idea the hang on I've forgotten what finger I'm up to:
C3C, Emperor, training shaped game. Will simply play the first start rolled, with everything random.

roster:
Sanabas
open x 4
If this is a Emperor Traning Game (C3C 1.22) , I would like to join. :)

Ansar the King said:
If this is a Emperor Traning Game (C3C 1.22) , I would like to join. :)

It probably will be, but I'm only hosting two at a time. DG Luddites, and return to RAR are the two for now, we can do this one later. You might want to join up with the RAR game anyway, it will probably address a lot of the same issues (trading, MMing, etc) that an C3C training game would.

Rosters are:

DG Luddites:

Sanabas
Bucephalus
Despair888
HomeyG
Tribute
Beorn-el-Feared?

Return to RAR:

Sanabas
Despair888
Classical Hero
Azzaman333
Beorn-el-Feared
Ansar?

sure...I could try RaR... though Im only Monarch player, so I am probably not suited for these games. :sad:

? ... ? => !

Top Bottom