1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SANCTA Social Group

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by Krill, May 1, 2009.

1. Krill

Krill Chieftain

I created a social group for SANCTA, originally just to check out hte feature and it was the least spammy topic I could think of. I've invited a few people, and if I forgot you I'm sorry, just post here and I'll invite you.

No idea what to use it for though. Might be a useful place to start up some games.

2. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Yeah, I saw the group, feel free to invite me :)

3. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

We actually need to find a sub for Viva (for a 4 player pitboss) since he seems to be permanently AWOL. Krill made us a great map, it started as a 5 man game, but there was an early casualty.:sad:

It was just heating up really, and it would be fun to get it rolling again.:D

4. Dreylin

Dreylin Cousin Itt!

Give me a week to get back from vacation and I could probaly take it on. Plus I have not read any of the spoiler threads.

5. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Gotta say that that map is so cool, I just wish we could play a huge demogame with multiple teams on a map like that. It would be epic.

6. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

In the fact that it's take 7 years to complete? :p

Imagine 5 teams, all with huge empires duking it out with modern armor and tossing nukes every which way. It'd be amazing but it would take forever....

7. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Not if you play with simul turns. The last two games at poly have been on simul turns and that's worked out fine; I'm the game admin for the last one so I am keeping a close eye on it.

8. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Alright, I understand, my only experience is in the mtdgs here at civfanatics, which as you know like to take their own sweet time... ;). I tried to join a mtdg to see what it was like, but was curtley told no, since I wasn't a member of their team's home forums...

9. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Yeah, you do have to join the main forums to get admitted to the private forum for each team. The poly game is always accepting maembers though, so you could join to have a look at how the game is working.

It would be useful so that there would not be so much of a bias in favour of turn based demogames in future, because as you can tell they are a lot more limited in the forms they can take.

10. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

Can you invite me?