1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SANCTAN news

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by Memphus, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Anyone want to write anything interesting about our new GG?

(and on a side note...what the hell do we do with it?)

2. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Settle him in CK, IS or FC.

3. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

It's either settled in IS or it's a super unit, which will allow us to get West Point later.

About the battle:

"This is SANCTAN war reporter Clete Roberts, embedded somewhere on the front lines of the Kazahkstan-SANCTA conflict. Morale is high here - word of a naval battle won on the East Coast gave hope to units of the barbarian clearance squad here near the border - they have been fighting barbs forever it feels... and now a large force of Kazakh forces the likes of which they have never seen before - men with armor and heavy metal balls attached to sticks + men on horses + men with machines that threw rocks - and, off in the distance, men on elephants.

The fear that had struck these men was palpable. Councilor AT had been urging them into defensive positions when the word of the sea battle came and Councillor's Krill and Memphus came up with a battle plan, which was carried out by our newest Great General, Geronimo! We expect that to be the battle cry for our soldiers every time they jump into hopeless odds from now on..."

That probably needs some work.

4. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

I love it! Genius!

might want to add in the part about offering peace?

5. AutomatedTeller

I think this is better.

"This is SANCTAN war reporter Clete "The Dread Ninja" Roberts, embedded with the SANCTAN Barbarian Suppression Forces, somewhere on the front lines of the Kazahkstan-SANCTA conflict. Morale, recently so low, is high here after a mighty victory.

The recent successes of the SBSF in adding the great city of Ti Kuan Yin to the growing empire and the ensuing border war with Kazakhstan had been good for the men, but doubts as to the sanity of SANCTAN leadership with rumors of Kaz super weapons had begun to eat at their confidence. Seeing some of the superweapons (men in armor with odd looking weapons of iron balls at the end of sticks) brought further unease to the forces here, offset only a little by the arrival of the new more powerful bows, but morale hit a nadir recently, as a large force of these armored behemoths, accompanied by men on horses, men with machines that threw rocks - and, off in the distance, men on elephants. SANCTAN counsilors were rumored to be in a tizzy, with leaders AT and Ronnie urging for a strong defense.

The fear - not just for their lives, but for the thought of not being able to protect the brave pioneers who's lived were in their hands - was palpable, even numbing.

Then came rumors of a great sea battle in the East, of victory against all odds, and the urge to strike these arrogant invaders rose. Hearing of this, Counsilors Krill and Memphus concocted a plan and tasked a leader named Geronimo, to lead our forces. The attack was greatly successul and we welcome Geronimo as our Great General.

We expect that to be the battle cry for our soldiers every time they jump into hopeless odds from now on. They seem to do that a lot...

I talked with GG Geronimo about the battle:
    Dread Ninja Roberts: General Geronimo, how do you explain the success? Some of those attacks seemed to shear suicide attacks, yet they succeeded?"
    GGG: Well, Clete - can I call you Clete? I worship at altars of the old gods of the Triple Alliance - Ra, Nemesis and Gaia - and they can affect the outcomes. We think the Kaz forces were confused that they were being attacked - or perhaps they just weren't used to their new weapons - or, quite possibly, one of the gods just decided to be arbitrary.

This is Clete Roberts, somewhere in the fields (or woods, or hills, or river) near the front lines, signing off."

What do you guys think?

btw - for some reason, there just aren't that many well-known pagan gods whose name starts with R, N or G.

6. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Hey, that was all Memphus. I just pointed out the problems with defending :p

7. AutomatedTeller

Should we post this? Does anyone still read our forum?

8. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Memphus already posted it...

9. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Need a news article about Lib...

10. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This means that you should learn from your mistakes and not allow people to take advantage of you repeatedly.

As proven in this game SANCTA has redefined this message:

Fool Cav Once (Oracle); shame on you; but get upset and think it was yours
    Fool Kaz Once (HBR); shame on you; but try to make a rule about it.
    Fool Kaz Twice (Music); shame on you; Did you not learn from the Oracle, or HBR?
    Fool Kaz Thrice (Defending); shame on you; We told you not to advance
    Fool Cav & Kaz (Liberalism); Really? Again...when will you learn?

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

11. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Very nice Memphus! Sure to pi$$ them off!

12. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Does anyone want to write something involving ballerines, scientists (or some description), the recent palace move, the golden age and Lib? It seems a shame to not use the oppurtunity...

13. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning if no one else does. (ie, 6 to 10 hours from now).

14. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Here's a rough draft, I'll finish it when I get time later tonight. Feel free to comment, is it too long? Stupid? Give your thoughts.

15. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Me likey :b:

16. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Me too....

17. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

post it!

18. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Just need to clean it up and it'll be ready. :)

19. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

:goodjob: cool!

20. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Posted in the main forum. :)