1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sanctify

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Angrenost, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Angrenost

Angrenost Chieftain

There would be less micromanagement with Sanctify if you could cast it in a city so that it creates an effect that prevents hell terrain from spreading into the city radius / workable area and the effect stays until the caster leaves the city (similar to Wall of Stone, Hope and Inspire). Maybe it should clear all current hell terrain in the area too.

Otherwise it could work like it does now even though a general autocast possibility would be neat as well.

2. phizuol

phizuol Chieftain

It would be cool to see more of those "spell buildings" to cut back on micromanagement. Autobuffing for spells like poison blade, enchant weapon, etc. I was really a huge magic fan at first but now all the micromanaging with levelling up the mages and casting all those spells... I'm not using as much magic these days.

3. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

It is relatively simple to make sanctify (or any other spells) as 'auto-cast'. We can use Crown of Brilliance as a prototype.

But what annoy me is the fact that after casting the auto-casted spell, the caster still be able to cast another spell!

I tried to block this by using caster.setHasCasted(true) in CvSpellInterface.py but it seems doesn't work in FfH. I don't know if there is another method to block a unit spellcasting ability. If there is, it would be great!