sandLand

vktj

Warlord
Since there hasn’t been a new map script here except for Caldera in the last two years, I am adding one: sandLand.

This is a quick and dirty modification to the Islands map script which comes with Civ4. This script, instead of generating a bunch of islands in an ocean, generates a bunch of areas with arable land in a desert.

The maximum number of players this map script supports is nine.

This is geared towards desert-themed mods (since as Legends of Ancient Arabia), but works with other mods for games where people do not want to build a navy, but want to retain a “needle in a haystack” exploration flavor.

To install, put the script in ${Beyond the Sword}\PublicMaps (or ${Warlords}\PublicMaps or even ${Civ4}\PublicMaps), Note that ${Beyond the Sword} is where BTS is installed (such as c:\Program Files\2K Games\Civilization IV Complete\Beyond the Sword or what not), ${Warlords} is where Warlords is installed, and where ${Civ4} is where vanilla Civ4 is installed. It may also work if ${Beyond the Sword} is ${My Documents}\My Games\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps (or likewise for ${Warlords} and ${Vanilla}).

This script has only been tested in Warlords using the Legends of Ancient Arabia mod. Your mileage may vary.

Here is what a map generated with this script looks like:

Attachments

• SandLand.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 265
  • sandLand.jpg
    sandLand.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 430
Top Bottom