Sarcophagus Mechanics

adan_eslavo

Archmage of all Pixels
Supporter
I would like to add Free Artifact to new Unique Wonder I create. It would be similar mechanics like with Burial Tomb, but use only one Artifact. I found FreeArtifact column in Buildings table but it gives me random Artifact. I cannot find where to define my new Artifact for this particular UW. How it is programmed for Burial Tomb. Through lua or dll? Or maybe I missed some obvious thing?

Changes are in VanillaLeaderChanges.sql, to summarize it use FreeArtifact (non exisiting in Firaxis code) to allocate a random artifact, if you want a specific one instead, try the FreeGreatWork attribute with the name of your artefact .

• Yeah I though about that. FreeArtifact value is not needed to be set like in Royal Library.
  • But still, game chooses only Sarcophagus Artifacts for Burial Tombs. Let's think about abstract building which can choose from 2 unique artifacts. It has to be done somewhere.

Seems there is an ArtifactClassType which has been set up
Code:
SQL
UPDATE GreatWorks SET Image = 'artifact.dds' WHERE GreatWorkClassType = 'GREAT_WORK_ARTIFACT' AND NOT ArtifactClassType = 'ARTIFACT_SARCOPHAGUS';
Code:
<GameData>
    <GreatWorkArtifactClasses>
        <Row Type="ARTIFACT_SARCOPHAGUS" Value="7"/>
    </GreatWorkArtifactClasses>
    <GreatWorks>
        <!-- GREAT ARTIFACTS -->
        <Row>
            <Type>GREAT_WORK_EGYPT_SARCOPHAGUS_1</Type>
            <GreatWorkClassType>GREAT_WORK_ARTIFACT</GreatWorkClassType>
            <ArtifactClassType>ARTIFACT_SARCOPHAGUS</ArtifactClassType>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_ARTIFACT_SARCOPHAGUS_1</Description>
            <Image>Sarcophagus.dds</Image>
        </Row>
--! There are 17 sarcophagi total  !--
    </GreatWorks>
</GameData>
So it looks like the way it was done with Egypt is a unique artifact class was set up, which the buildings pull from. Could maybe set up a new artifact class for england

I did that. But theres no link from Burial Tomb to those Sarcophagus. I set value 8 for my new artifact. You can find in v21 of my part of More Unique Components.

Last edited:
Top Bottom