1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Sasanian Iran

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Unreleased Mods' started by Sailor Cat, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Few updates:

CIVILIZATION TRAIT
    • Hunting Parks: Camps generate +2 Gold and +2 Culture, and grant adjacent Districts +1 Gold and +1 Culture. Units that begin their turn on a Camp gain +4 Movement for that turn.
    CIV UNIQUE DISTRICT
    • Frahangestan: A unique Sasanian district that replaces the Theatre Square. Gains +2 Tourism when adjacent to a Camp with the Natural History civic. Frahangestan buildings grant a 25% XP bonus to cavalry units trained in the city.
    SAVARAN ICON

2. RFormica

RFormica Grand Oligarch of the Hills

Looks great! I like the camp focus, I feel like camps are kind of overlooked in Civ. That icon is sweet, too!
    Oh, and I have something to show you:
    art.png

3. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

4. RFormica

Kind of... the code is still broken :/ I'll have to come up with another leader ability.

5. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

6. RFormica

Just the kick-out errors, I know how to fix them (it's just tedious)
    Oddly enough, I believe that it's the PlayerItems table.

7. RFormica

Well this might be an issue... he's floating on the DOM screen! :/

8. RFormica

But besides that it works! :banana::banana::woohoo::banana::banana::woohoo::banana::banana:

9. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Yesterday was P&P day. What's up with floating on the DOM screen? Congratulations, though!

10. RFormica

11. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

It's out! I've already grabbed it! On my end, got a unique district icon for Frahangestan. I was going to use Persia as a base for YNAEMP support, but looks like it's set in Fars. Going to manually adjust them otherwise, but do you know if there's a grid to reference otherwise? Takes a while to load.

12. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Besides Civipedia entries, a few adjustments to Shapur II's agenda (to give positive or negative for the opposite of the agenda triggers), and making strategy view icons for Frahangestan, I'm done. And maybe a few balancing changes to the district. About time to sit back and wait for art.

13. RFormica

Sounds good! But you've been waiting on art for a while now...
    Honestly I have no idea, maybe ask Gedemon. However, I would just bump the coords a degree or two in the direction that you want to go. I believe that the map follows longitude lines in terms of high/low numbers, but again, I have no idea. That's just based on looking at coordinates, and I would say logic but when it comes to Civ mods nothing is logical. :( )

And speaking of Civ modding, check this out! (See what I did there?)

14. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Jeez, that was fast. Grabbed it! Four other leaders you say? What all do you have in mind? I figured out how to check the coordinates, but loading those maps is a doozy every time you want to change, so thought there might be a reference out there somewhere.

As far as the art, well, I'd rather be patient and get something great and be unhappy with the mod after all this effort.

15. RFormica

Other leaders are probably going to be Puabi, Kubaba, Gudea and Enmerkar. Also, Enmerkar and Kubaba will have unique buildings, which I'll probably be able to figure out by stealing more code... but the UD I might be able to figure out by stealing more code but if I can't then you may want to walk me through it. Part of it is going to be spawning a unit on completion, maybe I'll be able to get that to work by stealing your code! but I'm probably getting ahead of myself, I only have code for Gudea right now, and his art isn't done (and making the code is much less time-consuming than troubleshooting)
    And who is doing the art again?

16. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Artist fell through. Have Bahram V ready. Shapur II almost there. Not bothering with updating anymore because I need art.

17. 679x

679x Chieftain

If you want the mod released, but can't make leader art on your own, do what I plan on doing and just use a nice shaded image of your civilization's icon where your leader art should be. It won't be as fancy but it's easy to make, and at least you can make progress on your mod while you wait for actual art. e.g. you can work on something else in the meantime without having to worry about art as much. Just a suggestion.