Sasanian Iran

How about any of these:
Collection of Avesta - Likes warmonger civs that follow his religion.
War-I-Tazigan - Likes warmonger civs that destroy barbarian encampments
Invasion of Armenia - Likes warmonger civs. Hates civs that do not try to be friends with him.
Eranshar-Shapur - Likes warmonger civs with a large standing army.

Anyway, the basic concept is that he likes warmongers.

Canon and Conquest: Shapur II respects warmongers, and hates those who attempt to convert his cities.
Sounds good!
Assuming I can ever get the damn GameText for it to work.
Ugh. that LOC stuff kills me... in the text file where it says Description="LOC_whateveryourthingis" just type the real name and description for it.

Yeah, they should change that... sometimes it's odd when Montezuma or Gorgo says "Oh happy day!" And sometimes it's plain weird when a modern leader says that. I don't believe that Theodore Roosevelt or John Curtin used that phrase very much... :p

CIVILIZATION TRAIT
  • Hunting Parks: Camps generate +2 Gold and +2 Culture, and grant adjacent Districts +1 Gold and +1 Culture. Units that begin their turn on a Camp gain +4 Movement for that turn.
CIV UNIQUE DISTRICT
  • Frahangestan: A unique Sasanian district that replaces the Theatre Square. Gains +2 Tourism when adjacent to a Camp with the Natural History civic. Frahangestan buildings grant a 25% XP bonus to cavalry units trained in the city.
SAVARAN ICON

Looks great! I like the camp focus, I feel like camps are kind of overlooked in Civ. That icon is sweet, too!
Oh, and I have something to show you:
art.png

Besides Civipedia entries, a few adjustments to Shapur II's agenda (to give positive or negative for the opposite of the agenda triggers), and making strategy view icons for Frahangestan, I'm done. And maybe a few balancing changes to the district. About time to sit back and wait for art.
Sounds good! But you've been waiting on art for a while now...
It's out! I've already grabbed it! On my end, got a unique district icon for Frahangestan. I was going to use Persia as a base for YNAEMP support, but looks like it's set in Fars. Going to manually adjust them otherwise, but do you know if there's a grid to reference otherwise? Takes a while to load.
Honestly I have no idea, maybe ask Gedemon. However, I would just bump the coords a degree or two in the direction that you want to go. I believe that the map follows longitude lines in terms of high/low numbers, but again, I have no idea. That's just based on looking at coordinates, and I would say logic but when it comes to Civ mods nothing is logical. :( )

And speaking of Civ modding, check this out! (See what I did there?)

Jeez, that was fast. Grabbed it! Four other leaders you say? What all do you have in mind? I figured out how to check the coordinates, but loading those maps is a doozy every time you want to change, so thought there might be a reference out there somewhere.

As far as the art, well, I'd rather be patient and get something great and be unhappy with the mod after all this effort.
Other leaders are probably going to be Puabi, Kubaba, Gudea and Enmerkar. Also, Enmerkar and Kubaba will have unique buildings, which I'll probably be able to figure out by stealing more code... but the UD I might be able to figure out by stealing more code but if I can't then you may want to walk me through it. Part of it is going to be spawning a unit on completion, maybe I'll be able to get that to work by stealing your code! but I'm probably getting ahead of myself, I only have code for Gudea right now, and his art isn't done (and making the code is much less time-consuming than troubleshooting)
And who is doing the art again?

If you want the mod released, but can't make leader art on your own, do what I plan on doing and just use a nice shaded image of your civilization's icon where your leader art should be. It won't be as fancy but it's easy to make, and at least you can make progress on your mod while you wait for actual art. e.g. you can work on something else in the meantime without having to worry about art as much. Just a suggestion.

Sassanids were eventually released by CIVITAS but are now one of many modded Civs that haven't been updated for Gathering Storm:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1353233980
I've made the Sassanids available in GS again and they work perfectly (I could upload the files if the team wants me to, as I'd like to help them update).
I ask for this mod because I was interested in the Frahangestan, as I like to play with mods that are more infraestructures like improvements or dictricts.

I've made the Sassanids available in GS again and they work perfectly (I could upload the files if the team wants me to, as I'd like to help them update).
I ask for this mod because I was interested in the Frahangestan, as I like to play with mods that are more infraestructures like improvements or dictricts.

I can't hurt the changes of an official update if you upload your files!

Hey, thanks for taking the time to do that. However, I'm somewhat confused. The Frahangestan hasn't existed in the mod for quite a while.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to do that. However, I'm somewhat confused. The Frahangestan hasn't existed in the mod for quite a while.
Yeah, I was just looking at the Civ 6 modding wiki (It's not updated, I know haha) and saw that district, so I wanted to try it. I thought it still existed somewhere haha

Also, I have the Akkads, the Seljuqs and the Sassanids "updated", just missing the new map labels from Gathering Storm. Is there a way I can send you this files? I have them on Drive, maybe I can send you a PM with them if it would save you some time.

Top Bottom