Saudi Arabian Journalist Murdered in Consulate

HoloDoc

Emperor
So... The Saudis appear to have just straight up murdered a political dissident who was visiting their consulate in Istanbul.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...alist-killed-inside-consulate-turkish-sources

Turkish officials believe that missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul and his body later driven from the compound.

Authorities say they believe Khashoggi’s death was premeditated and that Saudi officials had travelled to Istanbul from Riyadh after receiving word that the high-profile critic of the current Saudi leadership planned to visit the consulate.

In an evening of quickfire developments, following four days of silence since his disappearance, officials in Ankara pledged to on Sunday release evidence that they say supports claims that the journalist was killed shortly after he entered the consulate to sign divorce papers. The evidence is expected to include video footage and focus on a black car.

Two Turkish officials claimed to Reuters that Khashoggi, 59, had been killed. The Reuters claim was circulated by a government spokesman, and confirmed by numerous other officials, some of whom claimed to have knowledge of how the body had been disposed of. Several officials alleged, without tabling evidence, that Khashoggi had first been tortured.

Officials believe that a team of 15 Saudis arrived on Tuesday to conduct the killing, then left the country soon afterwards.

The president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, is expected to release a statement about the incident on Sunday. Aside from summonsing the Saudi ambassador in Ankara, senior officials had remained mute about Khashoggi’s fate, leading to speculation that he had been smuggled out of the country with Turkish consent.

The dramatic Turkish claim instead squarely focuses attentions on Riyadh, in particular Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who on Friday denied any knowledge of Khashoggi’s whereabouts. “If he was here, I would know about it,” the 33-year-old heir to the throne told Bloomberg.

“My understanding is, he entered and he got out after a few minutes or one hour,” said Prince Mohammed. “I’m not sure. We are investigating this through the foreign ministry to see exactly what happened at that time.

“We are ready to welcome the Turkish government to go and search our premises. The premises are sovereign territory, but we will allow them to enter and search and do whatever they want to do. If they ask for that, of course, we will allow them.”

Earlier on Saturday, a Saudi official had dismissed claims that Khashoggi was still inside the consulate and said authorities were “very concerned for his safety”.

Khashoggi had been close to the previous Saudi regime, but fled the kingdom a year ago, soon after the new monarch anointed his son, Prince Mohammed, as prince. He subsequently became an outspoken critic of some aspects of the country’s reform programme, especially the clampdown on political freedoms, and intolerance of dissent.

Khashoggi had a regular column for the Washington Post and had also written for the Guardian. He had sought assurances about his safety from Saudi officials before entering the consulate to sign the divorce papers, a necessary step for him to marry his Turkish fiance, who was waiting for him outside.
Obviously this is still speculation at this point, but I doubt The Guardian would run a story accusing the Saudi Government of murdering a Guardian journalist unless they were pretty damn sure.

Foreign Affairs behaviour and International bank loans are better understandable if you look at the weapons trade.
Schermopname (1993).png

I never said anything would happen. It's not like I'm expecting the US to invade tomorrow. I just think murdring someone in a consulate is newsworthy enough for a discussion thread.

It is newsworthy, I was thinking of posting it myself:)

But as noted above governments are more concerned about the money that pays for their constituents jobs.

Who knows if the US will invade.
But we were at war with Iraq soon after they murdered that previous journalist.

It is newsworthy, I was thinking of posting it myself:)

But as noted above governments are more concerned about the money that pays for their constituents jobs.

Who knows if the US will invade.
But we were at war with Iraq soon after they murdered that previous journalist.
I think it's probable that this will cause serious problems between Turkey and the Saudis though. That could have knock on effects throughout the ME. The new Saudi Crown Prince is a blithering idiot, causing issues constantly.

I think it's probable that this will cause serious problems between Turkey and the Saudis though. That could have knock on effects throughout the ME. The new Saudi Crown Prince is a blithering idiot, causing issues constantly.

Turkey needs the money of Qatar (big loans) and the market of Iran. Two enemies of Saudi Arabia.
Erdogan's geopolitics will however stay somewhat volatile and unpredictable.
I see the Saudi's more and more cornered towards the US and Israel.
Yet powerful in money.

it's so stupid that ı readily think that it was engineered by London to prove that people have gone so low in spycraft . So that one can believe 2 Russians arrived , stayed an hour to paint a doorknob and left , thinking they would not be trailed . You know because everybody hacks computers these days . But then as already observed in thread , the idiot who will become the next Saudi King is an idiot and he might have thought it would be cool . See , there is obviously a reason why Blackwater keeps the enemies of the Saudi Regime , instead of the Saudi Regime . And of course , New Turkey as always . Some journalist is speaking at the gates of ther Saudi Consulate and he says Kaşıkçı -as the name is prounced in Turkish- walked in but didn't leave walking out . And you can see him flashing a large smile in some orgsmic relief , instead of acting concern for the benefit of cameras . Because America will now punish Riyadh and the "Arab" enemies of the said , Qatar and New Turkey , will now rule all the Sunni . Can't remember whether he was this happy when Congregation killed the Russian Ambrassador to Ankara and KGB was expected to kill them all , though .

Since someone finally replied to this, I'll update it by saying that it seems the Saudis not only murdered this guy in their consulate, but hacked his body up using bonesaws in order to smuggle it out of the country! What the actual ****?!

Since someone finally replied to this, I'll update it by saying that it seems the Saudis not only murdered this guy in their consulate, but hacked his body up using bonesaws in order to smuggle it out of the country! What the actual [redacted]!

That is gangster!

another post yours idiotly has difficulty choosing the opening sentence . Torn between "Israel did it" and admiring Donald Trump's business acumen . As already noted New Turkey was eager for the death proven and sentence assigned to the Saudis . So , we had full Dexter , the most affable serial killer in TV history , ambushing some guy , sawing him into pieces and 15 guys each carry a parcel , one a foot , other an hand . Security cam footage fetishism is big here , out of them we learn the chief guy of the Saudi forensics was also here , an expert in destroying evidence , and stuff ! The team also had a seperate autopsy expert , who expertly detaches parts ! The team came without luggage on two planes and they bought luggage here and they lugged them home ! (Or maybe not , as that now hurts the narrative or something as the second of bizjets that brought the Saudi hit team was examined , with no luggage on board .)

america , good old America , said nothing .

Spoiler :

so , it became a bidding war . Pitting Arabs against Arabs , Saudis with Emirates against Qatar with New Turkey . Uhm , the signs are the Pastor will be released this time , like today . They were drilling with fire extinguishers in some Izmir courthouse and some mistake happened and the building had to be evacuated , officials naturally say it's just an accident . All the economy writers are hinting one dollar might become 10 or whatever Trump fancies ... That's why the POTUS dude is now acting like he is concerned .

along the way we learned this Kaşıkçı guy was at least an advisor to a previous head of the Saudi Intelligence . We mortals can not tell whether he was or still is the Vice President of the said and not intentionally infiltrated "opponents" of Saudi Regime . Or if his abduction is real , the Saudi forensic guy was there only as a personal protector / guarantee , once being a protegee of the Kaşıkçı . The feeling of euphoria was like real in the first days , the guy being a nephew or something of Adnan Kaşıkçı , the most famous arms trader like back in the 80s , a member of a powerful family . We were told that stuff might happen in the Gulf , like a revolt or something . New Turkey would be really funny , if ı wasn't a Turk myself . A week has passed ? Why , just the night before the guest to the so called State Channel was saying that for the first time in history , the world was following New Turkey's lead , whatever them journos said was being parroted all over the world . Really , give these guys an oil tanker of 150 000 tons with a full load with a bomb ticking and tocking in the hold and call it the biggest in the world and 500 of them will be covering it Live , all of them 500 on board .

uh oh uh , nothing happens , so they have now decided some evil because Jews are attempting to divide us , trying to seperate us from our Saudi brothers . Because the op is so crude , it's gotta be that . We will blame our brothers and our brothers will have a bad feeling and Muslims will suffer another century of Crusader yoke . Really can't tell whether it's real and Saudis did it , because the idiot who will become the next Saudi King is an idiot and he might have been tempted to do something so outrageous . Neither can like confirm he is laughing with his prisoner at stuff that New Turkey regularly provides . So , the best friend of Kaşıkçı here , by the name of Yasin Aktay , who is also some adviser to the Party , gives an interview to a Saudi newspaper . Says the not so famous Deep State did it , of which there is only one , some NATO institution that most succesfully ran drugs and had no particular success in anything else . "Our" and Saudis' fates are interwined , we need each other ! ı think it was Pompeo who said in his confirmation hearings that some members of A-K-P are also Ihvan aka the Muslim Brotherhood , and whenever this comes to my mind , ı also have the image of Aktay ...

arabization is a fact ; almost racists are an accessory to this by the orders of Washington and this is a fact , 15 year olds suddenly discover their fathers might not be able to buy the shoes they want and this is a fact and that 15 year olds have never known a world without A-K-P and they think the brave words of the Party are real and not fake . It's a fact that 15 year olds MUST NOT ever feel the word fake applies to New Turkey , they must not feel Aktay is apologising to the Saudis , who are supposed to be his enemies even more than usual , only because America did not act in the first week . Saudi murder (or not) gets people to talk about stuff other than economy , but too much vigour might also bite the Party in its back . Yeah , right on cue , Arda Turan . Wife 8 months pregnant , he obviously either doesn't get attention at home or still wants slim or some guy tells him as a Party asset he is got to create some distraction . So , he goes out , hits on some married woman , her husband decides to have a fight and Turan never misses a chance and hits the husband as he is tallking to his wife and not looking at Turan . The husband is a singer , of whom ı had never heard of , but anyhow his nose is broken . Then (according to media reports) Turan apologises and offers his gun to the singer so that if he desires he can shoot Turan . Typical New Turkey , you know , all BS . Turan is PM's football star , the singer wouldn't have dared if he wasn't sure of landing a couple of good ones on Turan , he might have suffered but beating Turan would have been some compensation . Hence Turan is threatening the singer with a gun ? The Party Media provides the way out , with total courage on part of Turan . Honourable guy , offers his suffering for unknowingly slighting the singer's honour ...

just as you would have expected , he denies it , just like as you would expect it's the fault of the other guy and the other guy is a coward . Only failures apologise ... Possibly only because the singer has the height over Turan , the singer thinks he can . In a country only one metric is supposed to remain , that the one single authority should approve and nothing else applies . These new guys are just like Nobility of yore , like "born" into privilidge , no need to answer except the leadership of the country and who would -back in the day- have had the Right to First Night , which 15 year olds might have to google for Braveheart the movie , because it figures . If they are above all , they are bound to get whatever they desire ... Uh , who would have known watching Braveheart in the theaters would have become a sign of old age ? More to the point , Turan like shows up on the very day the Iranian aviation authorities decree the accident that killed his wife's best friends a day after they got married is a pilot error . You know , the one when her family did not tell the bride of the accident , as that might have delayed the consummation . You know , like he can get more google hits , if the curious follow the links . Is this really a test of testing convictions , with him specially chosen or something ? Just like New Turkey is talking about the safety of journalists like just 10 days after the PM said journalists are not necessary for Democracy after Germans still had to criticise the heavy handedness of New Turkey , just for the sake of appearance ?

and of course it would like totally turn out that Turan has actually fired in the air at the hospital because he is the PM's football star and the singer is not afraid enough to avoid him and who knows , forget his wife at the bar . No security cam showing him fire and no witnesses , because there are nobody in hospitals at night ; though amazingly the Police finds spent bullets on site . Newspapers are exactly on the line that he offered his gun so that he could be shot , because nobody likes a notion that anyone bar none can dare challenging or whatever , when the contestant or whatever is PM's football star . No relation to the disappearance of a Saudi journalist or mebbe spy ? We are told New Turkey is not a third class country or one in Africa and Saudis must be made to understand it , even if Riyadh is given all sorts of encouragement to assume this is not "Africa" , only just worse .

while wasting some chance to rant on stuff , the operative word is "say" . The hints are endless . They might even say they planted spy cams inside the Consulate in case America opts to "punish" the Saudis . But , Washington Post , the place where the guy writes or "planted" or whatever that suits one's desire , says he is being held in Riyadh . Just like some in the British tabloid press or something . This is big , the world shattering event New Turkey might have been waiting for ; but one can not have to much fun at their expense , as America also promised Syria back in '11 . They will come back in like '21 and say "Yes, yes. You can go and liberate Sinkiang now!" Can't wait until '41 where they will come and clear us to liberate Alderaan or whatever .

Most interesting aspect of this whole thing to me is that Khashoggi wasn't even a "real" critic of the Saudi regime, in that he fully supported the absolute monarchy, he just wanted it to be a little nicer.

Most interesting aspect of this whole thing to me is that Khashoggi wasn't even a "real" critic of the Saudi regime, in that he fully supported the absolute monarchy, he just wanted it to be a little nicer.
Any criticism of any kind for any reason will not be tolerated

Now the Turks say they have an audiotape of the arrest, torture, & murder. :eek:
BBC said:
Turkish officials have audio and video evidence that shows missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was tortured and killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the BBC has been told.

Mr Khashoggi, a critic of the Saudi government, has not been seen since he entered the building on 2 October.

Turkish intelligence had "documented evidence" of the murder, a source close to the investigation said.

Saudi Arabia denies the allegations. It says the journalist left the building.

Jamal Khashoggi's disappearance and reported death have prompted international outrage and dented business confidence in Saudi Arabia.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45838471

I'm guessing the Turks intercepted a video, rather than bugged the consulate. I doubt the Saudis would torture and murder a guy in a room that was trafficked enough to be worth bugging. But recording an interrogation makes sense, especially if they thought Khashoggi knew something he wasn't supposed to. Just a hunch though.

Why were 15 people needed to come over to the consulate ?
those 15 "tourists" for 1-2 days easily detectable and trackable ?
Why was it so easy for the Turkish to get that recording ?

I have seen reports that he was wearing an internet watch that was connected too his mobile phone that was left out side. If this is correct the Turks may have recorded the transmission or have access too the phone.

Top Bottom