Saudi Arabian Journalist Murdered in Consulate

elfwort sounds like a homie. hrothbern is just a really nice and strong name tbh. feels good to say it out loud.

Still assuming the scenario that the info from Erdogan, the tapes, is basically correct (which is still unconfirmed by others).
I guess Erdogan did not get promised in time what he wanted and how he was treated, or he sees more benefits from continuing further public brutal info release, or it must perhaps be that he lost control over info spreading by his own people.
But the issue is now escalating and will be more difficult to burry.

I think a good article from the Guardian summarising:

Mike Pompeo fails to bring Jamal Khashoggi scandal under control
Trump’s fix backfires as Saudi Arabia and Turkey dig into opposing positions.
Mike Pompeo’s visit to the region was supposed to be a face-saver that explained away the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi, while sparing further blushes in Riyadh, Washington - and Ankara.
It did not go to plan. The US secretary of state’s two-day trip has seemingly led Saudi Arabia and Turkey to dig further into positions that are starting to seem irreconcilable. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has not taken Washington’s bait – a push to blame elements of the Saudi state for Khashoggi’s death, but not the royal court itself. Instead, he has reiterated denials of any state connection to Khashoggi’s death inside the consulate.

Turkey appears to be furious. President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who had purportedly reached a weekend understanding with Riyadh, no longer appears bound by talk of “brotherly fraternity” between the two regional rivals.
The details showcased Ankara’s disappointment with the US on a day that Donald Trump’s diplomatic “fix” was supposed to take shape. Sanctioning their publication sent a message to Pompeo, and Trump, that while they might have Bin Salman’s backing there needed to be something in it for Turkey too.
Erdoğan, a master tactician, is showing himself as a competent strategist. Using this crisis to diminish Saudi Arabia while cementing Turkey as a rising power in the Islamic world appears to be a consideration that eclipses the lucre offered by Saudi officials to make this all go away.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...o-bring-jamal-khashoggi-scandal-under-control

A lack of diplomatic skills of Trump or competent authorative local diplomatic resources of the US can also play a role.
It is also conceivable that he felt slighted by Trump, in essence, revealing what the fudge would be without first asking Erdoğan himself.

Last edited:
One of the 15 hitmen just died in a car accident.

Looks like the "rogue killers" are being cleaned up.
:lol:
When your murder cover up falls apart just kill more people.

A year ago I had hopes the MBS would actually improve Saudi Arabia and bring it into the 20th C (at least). Too bad that those hopes have disappeared. He is just another nasty brute seeking power.

Trump just announced that the journalist is probably dead. Glad to see he is on top of this.

Did somebody send him a foot of other part?

If you are sawn into bits you are not likely to live.

They had to repaint the walls.

A year ago I had hopes the MBS would actually improve Saudi Arabia and bring it into the 20th C (at least). Too bad that those hopes have disappeared. He is just another nasty brute seeking power.

You had missed the part he played in arming the head choppers in Syria and Libya. He's entirely in character in this lates occasion also.

I feel a little better about Germany now with that big -14. Also I thought we were primarily selling to Arabs/Turks, turns out most of our weapons go to.. South Korea? who woulda thunk.
German naval designs are reasonably applicable to the RoK navy's geographic and strategic situation. Neither country needs a fleet with global reach; both have to operate in relatively small littoral spaces.

The RoKs also buy a lot of indirect fire weapons from Germany, like cruise missiles and SP howitzers. Taurus missiles are especially appropriate for RoK missions; they have some bunker-busting capability and the RoKs have bought them for use against the DPRK's hardened artillery positions.

Finally, there's the longevity aspect. Taurus is a relatively new program, but South Korea has been buying arms and equipment from the Federal Republic for decades. During the Cold War, the two countries faced very similar security situations, and even though Germany's one country now and no longer faces the looming threat of the Third Shock Army across the Elbe, those business and governmental relationships have endured.

this is the 4th web cafe . One didn't open yet , second has repairs until 17.00 , 3rd kicked me out directly . Because he is like famous mocking me before the Disgrace of July 15th and sabotaging me all day , and people have like opinionated that it has delayed response , but can't say he like ever has the blood of 250 people in his hands , for 4th ı had to guarantee that ı would just write a thing .

to be rather short , cause the gaming keyboard is odd and ı have short trouble identifying A from S , ı personally think New Turkey typically has no clue . Despite the release of details , 11 minutes of recording , 4 fingers removed , in pieces within 7 minutes , the Party journalists are still keepping the possibility that the guy might show up alive . If am not here on Monday and the like , the game plan -if America suıddenly leaves Kaşıkçı hence, the new Turkey claim- will be that they intentionally presssured the Saudis , because they walk on water , in case you were not yet aware .

see , can't even rant of the hundreds of Wsterners the ISIL captured , as Putin rants , being killed 10 per day or whatever . Ah yes , The Saudis have teeth , too , like easily picking up Western spies in that Saudi enterprise that used to rape and maim and kill the defenceless .

ı will have security cams to prove am indeed in the fourth shop and not maki,ng this up ...

Saudis now saying he died accidentally in a fist fight. Think they're going to try to fake the body?
I'm just wondering what sort of a fight an out of shape middle age journalist would get into an embassy that could escalate to death?
My money is on the "accidentally stabbed himself thirty-seven times in the back while shaving" sort of fight.

TBH, I would find it a lot more hardcore and gangster if the Saudis just straight up admitted they killed him and chopped his body up like a serial killer. If you are going to chop up journalists, at least admit it.

Dental work on the Ambassador.

I was really hoping they would go for “complications from a life-saving Operation. Then we saw he was an organ donor, and we thought ‘it would be such a shame to let all these perfectly good organs and limbs go to waste...’”

Here's a crazy thought: maybe the rogue elements story is true.
We probably all agree that MBS is a monstrous thug, but isn't this murder just maybe a little bit too stupid and reckless ?
Maybe there's still a power struggle going on in Saudi Arabia and another faction did this to discredit him.

Here's a crazy thought: maybe the rogue elements story is true.
We probably all agree that MBS is a monstrous thug, but isn't this murder just maybe a little bit too stupid and reckless ?
Maybe there's still a power struggle going on in Saudi Arabia and another faction did this to discredit him.

Turkey is one of the best cradles for all conspiracy theories you can think of.
It is a national hobby.
Perhaps r16 , when he can get a web cafe, can list some of them up :)

And yes, it could very well be a surfacing of the ever ongoing internal family struggle of the Saudi clan. King ibn Saud had many children.
And Qatar, like Turkey, will have some accounts to settle as well with Saudi Arabia, meddling in that family struggle, after the sanction attack on Qatar by Saudi Arabia (BTW not long after Trump visited the Prince). According to the former UK MI6 chief the Prince would BTW never have done an attack when not "approved" by Trump. And you can interpretate that in two opposing ways: a roque attack or a mistake of Trump putting the Prince on the wrong leg.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-jamal-khashoggi-killing-mi6-sir-john-sawers

In case it was ordered by the Prince, and the roque cover up has enough credibility (in Trump's eyes), it will for sure give the Prince the opportunity to accuse and get rid off some of his internal competitors.
And we as global public end up in the same situation as after the "coupe" in Turkey: we know nothing..... but the existing strongman got rid of some internal opposition.

Top Bottom