Save crash

Davidabx

Chieftain
I come to you asking for help. I have been playing GEM 6.1 for a looong time and I have, in fact scarified much precious time, although I currently have lots of working duties. The aim is clearly to finish the game but I'm stacking at the moment with a game crash.

My save file has accurately about 4Mb and when I click at the end of the turn, in a while it crashes back to the windows with asking for report to Microsoft. So I played earlier auto save and continued to the same year, when it crashed by the same way.

Can anyone help?

Is this a "Memory Allocation Failure"?

Or do you have any other mods or whatnot in your civ folders? It could simply be conflicting mods or hacks. Your save file SHOULD be okay if you need to clear out your My Games/BeyondTheSword folder & start from scratch. Just be sure to copy it out first. Then get 6.1 again.

No guarantees. Check above first before resorting to deleting/uninstalling.

No, no MAF crash. This was without any explanation just offering Microsoft report. By the way I've solve it :)

THe thing was, that Cyrus had 2 Riflemen near neutral territory and when he tried to move them there, the game crashe :eek::eek::eek: Yes I'm absolutely right and I'm sure that many other people experienced this bug, but I'm one of few who found out what is going on ;)

Tried to play after ages and got the same problem. Or.. similar one.

First, sorry for my previous behavior. When I read my own posts today, I find them very immature.

Second, back to my problem. I attached my save, please try it to see if it works for you. I play GEM with BTS 3.19, the newest version. I spent much time by modulating the map itself, I cut out the America so the game runs faster. So much for creating a new version of the map, well-balanced, with 35civilizations, much smaller so people like me (2GB RAM) won't have to wait 5min between two turns later. But in order to finish testing this map, I need to finish my own play which I can't. Always while the turn of Qin S. Huang game crashes. I tried dozen times.. always the same.

I managed to solve this before by deleting some units nearby the ice, but now no effect. I can't figure out which units exactly cause the problem.

Please help, for the sake of the new map version :)

Attachments

• Andyka.CivBeyondSwordSave.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 55
Top Bottom