Save/Load Issues (Length and Crashing)

PinkHammurabi

Warlord
So far I have no problems with the game, save one. Saving and loading take way too long, and sometimes during the loading process the game crashes.

My computer's specs rocks the socks off of the required/recommended specs and everything else runs fine, so I don't know if it's an issue that needs to be patched or what the deal is.

Anyone having any similar problems? Potential solutions?

Same issue here. Normally, I can load once fine. If I try to load again later, I get a crash during the loading screen. This occurs right before what I think is the "loading bar" turning into the "begin your journey" button.

I crash often while loading a game too. It's probably my biggest issue at the moment. The thing that bothers me about the loading time is that there isn't a progress bar. And I'm surprised they got rid of the tips to read while loading.

Ditto pozzumgee. Well above specs, updated my video driver, etc. etc. Get a crash my second or third try loading, which is a nuisance. I haven't gotten the hang of the hex map yet so I'm reloading from autosave a lot.

It's not DEP, at least.

Weird things here - I have two machines I've been playing on, a pretty good one at work and a brand new one at home. I'm only having this problem on the better one.
The one it's crashing on:
Gateway FX6840
Intel i7 2.80Ghz processor
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
8 GB RAM
Radeon HD 5770 video card

The one that runs smooth as silk is a Dell Inspiron desktop with 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 HP, a 2.7GHz Intel processor, and a mid-range graphics card. (Not sitting in front of me, sorry.) The processor is pre- Intel core series.

Any idea why the higher performance machine is the one locking up and crashing during loads?

My game also randomly crashes during loads. It will get to right when it'a about to get off of the loading screen, then i will notice the little globe stop spinning, and then a freeze that I can't even ctrl-alt-delete out of. It only seems to happen the first time I load a game.

Top Bottom