1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Save/Load Issues (Length and Crashing)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by PinkHammurabi, Sep 21, 2010.

1. PinkHammurabi

PinkHammurabi Warlord

So far I have no problems with the game, save one. Saving and loading take way too long, and sometimes during the loading process the game crashes.

My computer's specs rocks the socks off of the required/recommended specs and everything else runs fine, so I don't know if it's an issue that needs to be patched or what the deal is.

Anyone having any similar problems? Potential solutions?

2. pozzumgee

pozzumgee Chieftain

Same issue here. Normally, I can load once fine. If I try to load again later, I get a crash during the loading screen. This occurs right before what I think is the "loading bar" turning into the "begin your journey" button.

3. PinkHammurabi

PinkHammurabi Warlord

Mine typically crash before it makes it to the Civ Summary page. Sometimes after, but often before that.

4. Maxor127

Maxor127 Warlord

I crash often while loading a game too. It's probably my biggest issue at the moment. The thing that bothers me about the loading time is that there isn't a progress bar. And I'm surprised they got rid of the tips to read while loading.

5. Ruffin

Ruffin Warlord

Ditto pozzumgee. Well above specs, updated my video driver, etc. etc. Get a crash my second or third try loading, which is a nuisance. I haven't gotten the hang of the hex map yet so I'm reloading from autosave a lot.

It's not DEP, at least.

6. Ruffin

Ruffin Warlord

Weird things here - I have two machines I've been playing on, a pretty good one at work and a brand new one at home. I'm only having this problem on the better one.
    The one it's crashing on:
    Gateway FX6840
    Intel i7 2.80Ghz processor
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    8 GB RAM
    Radeon HD 5770 video card

The one that runs smooth as silk is a Dell Inspiron desktop with 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 HP, a 2.7GHz Intel processor, and a mid-range graphics card. (Not sitting in front of me, sorry.) The processor is pre- Intel core series.

Any idea why the higher performance machine is the one locking up and crashing during loads?

7. Chris41336

Chris41336 Chieftain

My game also randomly crashes during loads. It will get to right when it'a about to get off of the loading screen, then i will notice the little globe stop spinning, and then a freeze that I can't even ctrl-alt-delete out of. It only seems to happen the first time I load a game.