1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Saved By the Unit

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Optical, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Started up a game as random leader on Fractal earlier and got Cyrus of Persia. Had horses nearby so I stacked up maybe 8 Immortals and invaded Germany. Then England. Built the Great Wall and attacked Egypt, and now I have the whole continent to myself and don't have to fogbust! I'm Noble-level so maybe this is just easy, but has anyone else had a really helpful to gamebreaking moment caused by the use of one unit-type? Really want to hear some stories about other games like this as they're really fun!!! :goodjob:

2. xenex

xenex Prince

Certain UU allow for this pretty easily Immortal being one of them.

It doesn't happened all the time, but sometimes things just fall into place.

3. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

Rome on Earth18. Prat rush Europe, middle east, India. You feel like you're playing three levels lower. Egypt on Earth18 can do it, as can Persia. Wipe out about three other Civs and enjoy all the rich land. This is actually what most people do on Earth18. Europe and Middle East are crowded with lots of resources so the rush is king.

Most of my Julius games turn out like this. Early Prats and clear the continent.

4. joanne

joanne Barbarian

The one notable instance that sticks out of my mind was when I was playing as Sitting Bull on Immortal Normal Fractal where I had no metal and got dogpiled early by Ragnar & one other AI I can't remember. Fortunately their axes & swords were no match against my walled-hill-city-fortified uber-archers & especially dog soldiers. If it was not for the resourceless UU I would have lost for sure.

5. Shoes

Shoes Warlord

On Earth18 I played Julius only once. I captured whole of Europe and raised Egypt, Persia, India, The Arabs and the Malinese (damn maintence made me unable to cap) before my prets got outdated. Though it did get boring soon after so I quit the game.

6. fathertuck

fathertuck Warlord