Saved game curruption

Mufasa

Chieftain
I've had some trouble with some of my save games just corrupting. I've checked my hard disk and it seems okay. Sometimes when I go to load the game, it will make it's way down the loading percentage bar and stop somewhere along it with a I/O error. Anyone else had this problem. Any fixes?

no problem here. Do this happen to all your saved games or just a few? You may want to do a complete ScanDisk of your drive...

I got the exact same problem!

60% down, like half my freaking saved games won't load.

I can't finish games that are in like the year 2000!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I hate that!! I wanna finish it!!

*whines*

You all are not alone, I have had this problem too. I was in the year 1924 with the French, and I had only 2 people left to defeat. When I tried to load my game, I got this error:

Datal0 Operational System Error:CITY

Then after I clicked OK, I got this message also:

Load Error
Error Reading File
D:\Program Files\Civilization III\Saves\Hunni of the French, 1924 AD.Sav

So, there you have it. I E-mail Tech support, but who knows if I'll ever get a response. If anyone knows anything about this, it would be grealy apprecaited.

At least I'm not the only one having this problem. :)

If you're getting the "Datal0 Operational System Error:CITY" error, hold on to your savegames because the upcoming patch fixes this bug and should allow you to load these games in.

Dan

Dan,

If that's true, that would be music to my ears. A lot of people have said that the upcoming patch will prevent this problem form occuring, but not fix saved games that are already corrputed. If the patch does fix my saved games, that would be great.:)

Thanks for the info.

If anyone else finds out anything else, please let us know. I know I would defiantly appreciate it.

Crippler

Top Bottom