Saved games

kaisersnoozle

Chieftain
I have two problems i need info for. .

1. how does one get rid of saved games?

2. if iam playing a game and want to back up to a point before the last few auto saves i cannot find my game.

1) Use your system's File Manager. For PCs that is Windows Explorer. Just navigate to the saves dirtectory and delete them. (The path to the saves is by default: C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Saves. If you have PTW, it is in a directory under CivIII named PTW, and has its own "Saves" directory. Likewise for Conquests.)

2) The autosave only keeps the last 5 (10?) turns. If you want to go back further than that, you have to have a manual save to go to.

BTW, there is a thread stuck to the top of this forum called Quick Answers. It was designed for questions just like these. ;)

For Macs (Which are Better)
Go to Civ3 folder Open it, open saves, and get rid of that nasty map

Originally posted by testdummy653
For Macs (Which are Better)
No argument here. ;) But most people (including Civ3 players) use the PC. So that is the instruction I gave. (I would have had to ask for a Mac user to help, if he said he was on a Mac. ;) )

It's 5 turns saved, plus the 4000bc turn. So six in all. And this folder is routinely cleared when you start a new game. This would be in the 'Auto' folder under your Saves directory.

However, if you save directly to any other folder, you must clear out these files yourself. They are not routinely cleared as the autosaves are.

Top Bottom