Saving Great Leaders?

Lorax

Chieftain
When you get a Great Leader - can they only hurry production of the current items in production? Or can you save them for an upcoming wonder?

The reason I ask is I got one in my last game and the "hurry production" option was available when the leader arrived to a city, but disappeared shortly after and I ended up building an army even though I wanted to get the next wonder to come along....

So, I take it you cant save them? Or am I missing something?

I save the Scientific GLs I get from time to time, and it works wonders (literally ;)).

it all depends. Are you playing conquests? if so, is it a military GL, one generated from battle?? If so, these can not longer rush great wonders. Only scientific GL can rush those. Scientific GL are sometimes generated when you are the first civ to discover a new tech.

Yes and Yes

Problem solved.....thank you.....

Your welcome.

and a side note. In my current game: 2 SGL and about 9 MGL. Somtimes it sucks not using the MGL to rush Great wonders. Used two of my MGL to rush the Forbidden Palace and Iorn Works in a newly conqured Celtic City. MGL can be used to rush small wonders and can be saved for such purposes, but you can only have 1 MGL at any given time.

I will save SGL's until I need them, I generally do not go into a "Scientific Age" with them, I usually rush wonders. Since I am generally peaceful, I usually do not get very many MGL's at all, but I build armies with the ones I do get.

Originally posted by oregonduckman33
Oh wow, I didn't know that MGL's can't rush wonders in C3C! Crap, that's a big bummer.:( :cry:

Ah, but armies are so much better in Conquests on so many levels that it hardly matters. In my game I have an army with 4 veteran modern armors in it - 48 attack + 4 movement + 16 health points + blitz = unstoppable. :)

I usually build an army asap ..the reason being that i think we tend to wait for better units, buildings ect. but experience has shown me that waiting has few benefits...attack and attack quickly is my motto. It ensures that better defensive units are not going to be built by the enemy , the ai will also have less time to build more units. Expansion is key to winning......in short..you get more territory, more cities, more elites , more tech-
Germany Mongols, Japan...

In my game I have an army with 4 veteran modern armors in it - 48 attack + 4 movement + 16 health points + blitz = unstoppable
But modern armor already has blitz capability, so sometimes it's better to have 4 separate units (12 attacks versus only 4 for the army) especially if the AI's are lagging in defense, or if you arty/bomber redline his units first.

Top Bottom