SAY HOORAH for NO MORE WONDER SPAMMING!

GKShaman

Prince
My fav wonders in Civ 5 were the ones with restrictions: Colossus, Petra, Neushtanwein, Porcelain Tower and Machu Picchu.

They allowed the human player on Deity to have a chance at making the wonders AND build cities AROUND wonders.

With placement requirements of rivers, hills, and mountains - this makes the wonders even more rare and awe-worthy as they SHOULD be. Not just a oh I have a highly productive city ehh might as well spend 10 turns on the Oracle.

Also small thing: the building animations from Civ 4 are BACK! woohoo! :D :)

Moderator Action: Title changed, please remember this is a family friendly forum

'Tis a very good thing, yeah. :)

The wonders being more special and the wonder movies returning, that is.

Well, maybe this time I would be beaten by the AI in every single wonder in the last turns until completion.
Who I'm trying to fool? I'm gonna get the 'Seriously?' achievement in my first game for sure. :p

I wonder a bit :)mischief:) how the 'tall' style players have not complained about this (or at least not very loudly). Even if you manage to fulfill the requirements for many wonders in your few cities by a sheer stroke of luck, you'll eventually run out of room for them. Your 200 production, size 40 capital will be useless unless you want to dismantle existing wonders to make room for new ones (this mechanic likely won't even exist though, because it would be way too mortifying to end up using)! :lol:

I wonder a bit :)mischief:) how the 'tall' style players have not complained about this (or at least not very loudly). Even if you manage to fulfill the requirements for many wonders in your few cities by a sheer stroke of luck, you'll eventually run out of room for them. Your 200 production, size 40 capital will be useless unless you want to dismantle existing wonders to make room for new ones (this mechanic likely won't even exist though, because it would be way too mortifying to end up using)! :lol:

Useless? Projects. ;)

Well, speaking as a tall wondermonger myself, I'm looking forward to having my playstyle shaken up.

I usually play tall but I like this new dynamic. Founding and managing cities looks like it will be a very interesting sub-game and maybe founding a new city might make sense to house more relics or wonders or whatever else you feel you need but don't have the room for.

Will be very interesting indeed.

I m a tall size player. But mainly because playing wide in civ v felt both unnatural and futile.

If civ had been a lot more open to expanding at different times throughout a game instead of just punishing you through happiness and science or culture penalty i would have been very happy to playe wider. Probably wouldnt have been a 20 city empire kind of player though i ll admit.

So yeah, i welcome that change and am very enthusiast to go for a tall and expand later play style

I like the fact wonders will be now more spread across cities and civs instead of half of them stacked in the top few super cities.

Tall size player... :mischief:

I just realized that this change AND the unstacking buildings in cities SOLVES THREE BIG PROBLEMS:

1. Finally gives a reason to go WIDE: More wonders, production, culture, science, etc.
  2. Stops the AI CITY SPAM EARLY AND LATE GAME: Whats the point of that crap 3 tile tundra city when it cant keep itself happy or build anything?
  3. LOSS of Building during a CITY TAKEOVER - Now pillaging and capturing yields greater benefit - after a few free repairs from a builder - you've got a prebuilt city late game! :D

Wait. Porcelain tower had a tile-based restriction?

No, it just required Rationalism. But for some reason, many AI civs didn't pick that one. But the Great Lighthouse and the Sydney Opera are missing in the list.

One of the most exciting prospects that I have with Civ 6 IS the unstacking of cities. It is by far the best thing for me because it forces me to stop beign a wonder-monger. Because it's no longer feasible (I'm sure I'll find a way to built many of them).

This in turn means I no longer beeline for the primary wonders (Great Library, Pyramids, Oracle/Parthenon, Macchu Picchu etc), frees up my production queues, which also in turn encourages another thing, no more city spam (what should I built), and I might actually start building armies for once! and use more unit types (no more 3 MeleeWarrior Line units with Catapults), Maybe I will start building Mounted units for pillage jobs!

Top Bottom