SAY HOORAH for NO MORE WONDER SPAMMING!

I suppose you could define it like this:

Tall is founding a new city whenever you have to.

Wide is founding a new city whenever you can.

One time in Civ 5 I was playing as Spain and I got Lake Victoria next to a bunch of desert hills. I built almost every wonder in the game in that city and it felt very wrong.

I don't think things are ever going to be *that* easy again, but there's still a pretty big variety of terrain types that cities in Civ 6 might have, so I wouldn't be surprised to still see cities with 5+ wonders.

Do we know if you can burn down wonders?:mischief:

Now that would be an effective way to call someone on the civ 6 equivalent of a Great Library rush: Oh so you build a wonder? Well I spend those hammers building troops and guess what they are going to do with it...:devil:

What about bombing wonders with bombers in the modern age?

Not to talk about what would happen when Gandhi becomes Death, the destroyer of worlds... and nukes everyone's cities and erases all those who built wonders against his will...

I personally enjoyed the Civ 2 target list when bombing...

With the placement system I think the new thing is dense vs. spread

Wonderwhoring will require a lot of space, and with terrain requirements, could lead to some pretty distant cities

Dense vs spread iskinda the same thing. Playing dense youll probably settle a lot more cities aka wide. When spread will be a kind of tall.

But i see your point. Especially with adjacency bonuses.

Do we know if you can burn down wonders?:mischief:

Now that would be an effective way to call someone on the civ 6 equivalent of a Great Library rush: Oh so you build a wonder? Well I spend those hammers building troops and guess what they are going to do with it...:devil:

What about bombing wonders with bombers in the modern age?

Not to talk about what would happen when Gandhi becomes Death, the destroyer of worlds... and nukes everyone's cities and erases all those who built wonders against his will...

I personally enjoyed the Civ 2 target list when bombing...

They stated outright a long time ago that you cannot damage Wonders.

...and be wide as a result? ;)

Tough times are coming to Tall Boy Town! :lol::goodjob:

The limits on Housing are going to make going really Tall a lot harder than in Civ5 anyway. Can't see size 20 cities in the Middle Ages, which was pretty doable in Civ5.

Couldn't you just build it next to ivory?

I suppose you could, but I'm not sure how that would help since the Porcelain Tower is made out of porcelain, not ivory. ;)

Although that gives me an idea for a new wonder: the Ivory Tower. You get a large one-time science boost, but you can't use that science to research any practical techs (like Engineering, Metallurgy, etc.), only theoretical techs (Philosophy, Education, Technology, etc.).

:lol:

I suppose you could, but I'm not sure how that would help since the Porcelain Tower is made out of porcelain, not ivory. ;)

Although that gives me an idea for a new wonder: the Ivory Tower. You get a large one-time science boost, but you can't use that science to research any practical techs (like Engineering, Metallurgy, etc.), only theoretical techs (Philosophy, Education, Technology, etc.).

:lol:

Not a bad idea for a Social Policy actually. Unlocks at the same time as Education? :D

As a wondermonger, I guess I'm going to have to get my military act together quicker in 6 and go grab me some pre-fabricated wonder placement facilities, which is to say: your cities. :devil:

I'm not sure if that joke works in English...

I LOL'd (native English speaker).

Now I need to hear an explanation... what was the original intent?

There's an expression that goes something along the lines of: "like an elephant in a porcelain shop... " meaning: to behave in a manner that is not very subtle. In other words, you would not need an earthquake to deal with the chinaware factory, the neighbours will take care of it by themselves. :D

As a devout tall wondermonger, this whole "needing actual real state for your wonders" talk worries me greatly. I feel already sorry for my neighbours, as I will need vital space for building my civilization utopia and they seem to be clogging it all.

There's an expression that goes something along the lines of: "like an elephant in a porcelain shop... " meaning: to behave in a manner that is not very subtle. In other words, you would not need an earthquake to deal with the chinaware factory, the neighbours will take care of it by themselves. :D

I've always heard it as "a bull in a china shop".

I do like the "ivory tower" reference which I've always understood to mean "to be removed from the reality of things or very aloof or privileged"

Example: "what would you know up there in your ivory tower"

Like these references. Personally Im struggling with one thought -

With all these districts... (I assume 6 total) AND then Bonus resources improved (wheat, deer, stone lets say 4)

That leaves on 5-10 tiles early game. Sure super late game when you have the max rings you can work more land, BUT early game in CIV 5 Im usually working 8-12 land tiles of 3-4 food farms and such.

Question is a city could only really sustain 2-3 wonders... Also I feel like now cities will finally be "capped." Like cities on more fertile land will be your populous cities and cities on more productive will build stuff for u but may only grow to 10-15 pop.

Also whats this about internal Trade routes paying for themselves? What does that mean? I thought internal trade routes were about sending food to oneself.

Top Bottom