1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Scarborough Fair

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Couch Tomato, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Couch Tomato

Couch Tomato First Tomato Emperor

I was all hyped up for the in-game music by all the previews, with people saying how each civ has their own theme that evolves with the age...

Instead, all I ever hear is, regardless of what culture my civ is, is some rendition of Scarborough Fair.

Like literally, all I have in my head every day is now, "ARE YOU GOING TO SCARBOROUGH FAIR?? Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme!!"

Anyone else feeling the same way?

Light_n_Fluffy likes this.
  2. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

I just get insanely happy whenever I hear the Brazilian theme

Ornen and Frostedthread2 like this.
  3. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Prince

I didn't like the song to start with, and this game certainly doesn't help to change my mind.

IllustriousYou likes this.
  4. kampori

kampori Warlord

Yep, it's about 75% of any music I hear. The other 25% I love more because of it however.

5. skyclad

skyclad Prince

Thats funny, I get Kalinka (russian song) for what feels like at least 50% of the time ???

atomfenrir likes this.
  6. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I keep getting Kongo, they have showed up in 4 of my 5 games...

Frostedthread2 likes this.
  7. Frostedthread2

Frostedthread2 Chieftain

Keep getting Kongo myself too, drives me nuts sometimes. Brazil seems to have the best and most distinct theme.

8. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

If you keep getting the same song, it's because you've been playing as or against the same civs in multiple games, which is bound to happen to some people statistically.

9. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Is it me or all in-game music music is cycling between leaders themes that are currently in the game.

So if you are Roman, and know only Russians and Brazilians, those 3 themes will be played over and over?

10. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

Music was turned off about an hour into my game after the Scarborough fair debacle...

11. excommunicatus

excommunicatus Chieftain

Add me to the list of those being driven crazy by the persistent Scarborough Fair.

It's like if I've ever met England in a game (which seems to be most of them), forever after their music plays for me, no matter which civ I'm playing. Same thing happens with Kongo - if I meet them, I'm pretty much doomed from that point on to always have their music play. I'm pretty suspicious that there's a bug in here somewhere causing it.

12. kampori

kampori Warlord

You're right, Kalinka is replacing Scarborough Fair for me. However I adore Kalinka, so I really don't mind. M

13. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

I smell some serious bias in this thread. Conspicuously, the songs people claim play "all the time" are the songs that have the most distinct and repetitive melodies. Basically, your poor musical memory makes you overlook the fact that the less distinctive songs play just as often.

Personally I love this game's renditions of Scarborough Fair, but the Kongo music definitely needs to die. Haven't heard the Russian one yet but I'm pretty sure it will end up bugging me as well considering which song it is.

14. kampori

kampori Warlord

Nope. It just plays all the time, much more than any other song. My 'musical memory' is just fine. The game's DJ-ing skills aren't.

15. bcaiko

bcaiko Emperor

Yeah, the music in Civ6 is decidedly lame compared to Civ5. It seems lazy and less dynamic.

16. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

Then, like I said before, it's because you're playing as them or they're your neighbor. The game never plays songs from civs not in your current game, and I'm fairly certain no songs are coded to be favoured over others.

17. kampori

kampori Warlord

You are right. But I never argued that point. They were indeed my neighbours, in pretty much every game. But right now it feels like an iTunes shuffle, which seems to play the same song every 2-3 songs.

18. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

So basically you're complaining that something that's supposed to be random is in fact random. I think this thread is done.

19. Antiriad

Antiriad Chieftain

A couple of times I've heard the same song repeat, but then gets stopped and then another song plays,

20. kampori

kampori Warlord

No, it's not done. Stop trying to be a smartarse