1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Scarborough Fair

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Couch Tomato, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

I love Scarborough Fair. It's one of my favourite themes in the game. Then again, the Mayan theme from Civ4 was my favourite in that instalment so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

2. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams

For the most part I like the soundtrack so far. My complaint is that if you start off isolated you're stuck with your civs music until you meet another civ, and that can take a while...

3. StittsvileJamie

StittsvileJamie Chieftain

i love the music. especially the english and american ancient tunes. I find them very calming, and completely immersive.

4. isau

isau Deity

I thnk Civ 6's music is better than 5's. In 5 I often found myself falling asleep in the later game. In 6 I do find the early game music a bit slow (especially given the brutality of this age). But by Medeival its fine, and in Atomic it's amazing.

5. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

Turn it off and pandora (or whatever you're streaming/non-streaming preference is) on. I haven't played a game with sound on in a very long time.

6. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

I'm liking the music so far. I especially like how they get updated versions as you get to later eras. I think the main thing right now is there seems to be less "in between" ambient music and a lower number of base Civ's, so we naturally end up hearing the same ones over and over. Once we get more Civ's in the game, there will be more variety in what we get from game to game.

7. Frostedthread2

Frostedthread2 Chieftain

Im playing as England and I can't tell which is which, but the music for the modern eras is bad. Extremely loud horns and cheap electric drums. Civ V music was by miles the best. I miss the ambient music. Too much 'epic' music keeps playing with repeating drums in Civ 6.

8. isau

isau Deity

Well that's a matter of personal taste. To me, Civ 5 had some of the dullest music I've personally experienced. Add that to a passive game where little happened in the late game and it became a sleepy combination.

Civ 6's music meanwhile to me sounds bustling, like each civ got their own version of "Rhapsody in Blue." I don't really like the early versions with the flute as much (Japan's is so minimalist it drives me crazy) but by the later eras the progress is there and the game feels like the race it's supposed to be versus a classical music concert on NPR.

9. Frostedthread2

Frostedthread2 Chieftain

Matter of personal taste indeed, i guess some people can tolerate listening to the Donky Kong soundtrack in civ 6 a million times over more than others.

10. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

I had Kongo in all my games but one. Needless to say I absolutely hate their music, his face, their existence on the map. He just spams those cities, forward settling me and only me it seems. But I went off-topic. Anyway when they are in game, it seems like their music is 50% of the time. When Russia is in game, kalinka is 50% of the time. Plus the game still has the same problem of A: tracks starting over after diplomatic interactions (unbelievable) and B: overall repeating too much. I switched to my own music (where I actually listen to the game soundtrack quite often (the pieces I like plus from older games) much faster than I thought I would.

11. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

I think the problem with Civ6 music is while there are around 80 tracks, only 8 in 8-civ game will be played at the same time. Even less, if not in contact with all civs.

This may get repetitive after a while.

12. Mozzington

Mozzington Prince

Brought back some good memories for me.

13. bcaiko

bcaiko Emperor

You get to the Atomic Age before the game is complete? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I've never had a game go that long, though I haven't tried for a Science Victory yet.

14. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

I keep getting the Kongo banana song or whatever it is. Which is okay I guess it's better than Egypt at least

Now if England still had I Vow To Thee My Country like in Civ V I would put them in every game of Civ VI I play

15. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Prince

The composers must really like Brazil. First the Civ V theme, now the awesome song they made for Civ VI.

16. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Apparently, Kongo's Banaha is driving quite a number of people here bananas.

I for one enjoy listening to it over and over to the point I even made my own remix of it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/banaha-mus-zip.456463/

You can listen to it using Finale Notepad: https://store.makemusic.com/Downloads/Default.aspx?id=536 (Windows) or https://store.makemusic.com/Downloads/Default.aspx?id=537 (Mac)

Sisi, sisi dolada,
    Yaku sine ladu banaha.

Sisi, sisi dolada,
    Yaku sine ladu banaha.

Banaha, banaha,
    Yaku sine ladu banaha.

Banaha, banaha,
    Yaku sine ladu banaha.

Ha, banaha,
    Yaku sine ladu banaha.

Ha, banaha,
    Yaku sine ladu banaha.

17. Suliot

Suliot Chieftain

I love the music but one thing is starting to drive me nuts: When I end the turn and some music (usually a leader theme) is playing, if a leader talks to me, the song starts again from the beginning after I close the diplomacy screen. Its maddening!