SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

that doesn't sound right; the Japanese have their own govt type in v3.0 - Meiji Oligarchy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it just despotism with a new name? Maybe this is what Russians should get? The Germans have Deutsches Reich (fascism), which doesn't feel quite right :confused:

No I mean like Yellowknife, Whitehorse, and Iqaluit should cover Canada. And for Russia I don't know but I'm sure they have a few small towns up there which can work.

Casa de El Justo?

putting additional cities in Canada is a stretch...i mean, they've got a pile of cities as it is and it does not historically represent their population of the era. so to add even more is even more of a stretch imho. Russian cities up there are hard to come by as well. both nations have always proved difficult for me as a modder in terms of 'stretching' out the cultural boundaries. considering all of this, i think it's best to simply block off the area rather than give them cities...

as for the German and Japanese govt's - the German one was more like a constitutional monarchy but w/ a heavy balance tipped towards the Reichstag. in no way, shape or form is this fascism imo. Japan's govt was ruled by a few very powerful individuals w/ the emperor having little influence. so i'd have to strenuously disagree w/ either one being even remotely close to fascism. the Russians were ruled almost exclusively from Nicky's throne w/ the Duma having little influence until Nicholas did some modest reforms in the first decade of the 20th century. despotic? perhaps...but certainly not in the vein of civ3 Despotism :D

i'm never one to add units or gfx into the scenario just for the hell of it...or if they're new and shiny. however, here's one that i simply could not resist :) Scottish Highlander - awesome sound files too!! gotta love the Scottish accent :lol: i could listen to it all day!!

despotic? perhaps...but certainly not in the vein of civ3 Despotism :D

Sure, El Justo, I'm interested in history myself. What I had in mind was the situation in the game. I was mislead by the Civilopedia. Do you mean that these governments are actually different, but the pedia was left with the old Civ3 entries :confused:

The Highlanders are awesome, how about adding some Irish regiments (like the Connaught Rangers) as well? That is, of course, if there is some suitable graphics available.

Hey EJ, I think this new early American will be more appropriate for you go to into Mex.

American Infantry

Until the time of Austrian occupation 1933-1945, Germany was never fascistic. The German Reich before 1918 was a constitutional monarchy de iure, but de facto a parlamentarian one, at least after Bismarck was fired. From the written laws the Reichstag had many de facto rights, even if it wasn't written in the constitution directly. So Kaiser Wilhelm II. only appointed men, who had a majority in the Reichstag. Also could the Reistag stop many more things than many think, as she had the budget rights. So without a majority in the Reichstag, there could not have been a ww1. The Kaiser declared the war. But he had to be sure to have the majority. What he had indeed. So to say the German Reich was a more democratic state in that days in contrast to many other states, including Great Britain, as there was, on the level of the Reich, generally all male citizens above 25 allowed to vote. In Britain many poors were excluded and in the US the Blacks and the Indians.´
Sorry, El J, to make it a German constitutional history lesson.

Adler

Until the time of Austrian occupation 1933-1945

Hey, I resent that! Do you know the two greatest deeds of the Austrians?

1. Turned Ludwig van Beethoven into an Austrian.

2. Turned Adolf Hitler into a German.

TsarNikolai,
apologies - i didn't realize it was the CivP entry that you were referring to. that needs to be cleaned up...it seems that it was linked up to the fascisim entry in the file. it'll be changed for the next version :)

Gustav Mahler was an Austrian too :cool:

Well, I did something I have rarely done before--I bowed out of a game mid-way through. I was playing AoI 3.0 (31 civs Full) as France and got to week 3, 1906 (turn 149) when it became just too confusing (= 'all hell broke loose'). The Philipine Natives declared war on Spain, Spain asked the USA and me to join them against the natives and I sent a fleet from Saigon to bombard their city. So far, so good. But then the Fillipinos ask others to aid them and the USA asked others to join us and so forth and so on until it seemed that everyone was at war with everyone else in the most confusing way and that in two turns!!! It so became almost impossible to tell who was my ally and who my enemy. And I was leading in VPs, too, 1228 to nearest rival (Brit) with 676! Oh well, maybe it will be better next game, but I think something should be done to make this situation less likely.

jimmygeo

When I get to the bottom
I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and turn
and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Do you don't you want me to love you
I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you
Tell me tell me come on tell me the answer
and you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Go helter skelter
helter skelter
helter skelter
Yeah, hu, hu
I will you won't you want me to make you
I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you
Tell me tell me tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Look out
Helter skelter
helter skelter
helter skelter
Yeah, hu, hu
Look out cause here she comes

When I get to the bottom
I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and turn
and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Well will you won't you want me to make you
I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you
Tell me tell me tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Look out
Helter skelter
helter skelter
helter skelter
Yeah, hu,

Helter Skelter
She's coming down fast
Yes she is
Yes she is
coming down fast

I can't get the AoI files. The two links don't work anymore. One is a Page Load Error and other is File Not Found. I have the .biq map but I assume I need the graphics file also.

Until the time of Austrian occupation 1933-1945, Germany was never fascistic. The German Reich before 1918 was a constitutional monarchy de iure, but de facto a parlamentarian one, at least after Bismarck was fired. From the written laws the Reichstag had many de facto rights, even if it wasn't written in the constitution directly. So Kaiser Wilhelm II. only appointed men, who had a majority in the Reichstag. Also could the Reistag stop many more things than many think, as she had the budget rights. So without a majority in the Reichstag, there could not have been a ww1. The Kaiser declared the war. But he had to be sure to have the majority. What he had indeed. So to say the German Reich was a more democratic state in that days in contrast to many other states, including Great Britain, as there was, on the level of the Reich, generally all male citizens above 25 allowed to vote. In Britain many poors were excluded and in the US the Blacks and the Indians.´
Sorry, El J, to make it a German constitutional history lesson.

Adler
Always like hearing about Germany from Germans. Especially one who's opinion I respect. :goodjob:

Though the blacks could vote at this time (women in 1919-20). Though I'd imagine the blacks dissuaded from voting by the Klan (which is what I believe you meant).

And I play with Germany currently beating the hell out of everyone else. Well, save for GB and USA, but I'm too busy establishing the Festung Europa to worry about them.

Which leaves me with the current practical issue: what is the military police limit for Deutschland if the CivP cannot be trusted :dunno:

Which leaves me with the current practical issue: what is the military police limit for Deutschland if the CivP cannot be trusted :dunno:

Use the Civ3Editor and take a look at the .biq under government. That will tell you until the next version of the CivP gets published.

Did the work for you (would need to know the info for the next CivP anyhow :p )

MP Limit by Government:

Meiji Oligarchy: 1
Tsarist Monarchy: 3
French Third Republic: 1
Federal Republic: 1
Deutsches Reich: 4
Nominal Constitutional Monarchy: 3
Absolute Monarchy: 0
Constitutional Monarchy: 1
Islamic Sultanate: 1

Tsar Nikolai, then I misunderstood you. I thought you said, Germany was fascistic before.

Wasn't Blacks and especially Indians not allowed to vote in at least some states? Anyway I could be wrong.

@ Topgun: I knew that! ;)

Adler

Top Bottom