1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon King

You're welcome, Nikolai. :)

I'm working on the CivP for AoI 4, so I always keep an eye out for stuff like this, just to help improve it.

2. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

The Blacks have a constitutional amendment the affirms their right to vote. So any state or local laws stating otherwise would be deemed unconstitutional (so pretty much illegal).

I don't know about the Indians, though I do know some strange laws about them (though they're probably just stories). The old "4 Indians off the reservation is a war party, and you can legally shoot them", that one I heard from an Indian. I have my doubts it would hold up in court.

3. Adler17

Adler17 Prussian Feldmarschall

4 Indians off the reservations could be shot???!??? Well, considering some strange laws in the US it isn't so off that it is completely unbelievable.

Adler

4. Tank_Guy#3

I've been unable to confirm the story.

5. Civ Khan

Civ Khan Rarest Lurker

I would hope. Sounds a lil dangerous...

6. Boss Tweed

Boss Tweed Warlord

7. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

Although they couldn't legally be deprived of the right to vote, it was common practice to have literacy tests (to vote) which were aimed at african americans.

8. Civ Khan

Civ Khan Rarest Lurker

Tweed, that makes me hate Missoura even more. Viva Illinois!

9. First

First Chieftain

I took a course on ethnic minorities and an entire semester was devoted to Native Americans. There were two books, one of which I can't remember but would definitely confirm the possibilities of a "four indians off a reservation is a warparty" law just because of the absurdity of the events that actually took place, and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.

Oh yeah, AoI is why I still have CIV3 on my comp.

EDIT: The first book is From A Native Son

10. Tank_Guy#3

I took a similar class in college. Race, Ethnic, and Diversity Studies, most worthless part of my entire education. Okay, enough threadjacking.

11. El Justo

El Justo Deity

12. Klyden

Klyden Emperor

I was born in Illinois, but live in Missouri. Back many years ago, I used to say I was from Illinois, but lived in Missouri. Not any more.

Given the mess Illinois is in (they lead the nation in former governors making license plates and will soon have another addition) across a variety of fronts, including crazy taxes (with a lot more coming), law suit happy lawyers, stupid laws, etc I am quite happy to be in Missouri right now.

The only war parties I would send out would be to keep that crazy stuff from coming over to this state. ;)

13. Theryman

Theryman King

We already pay 8 bucks for a pack of cigs here, and it is about to jump to 10!
    Thank god I don't smoke or I'd have to sell my laptop...

14. Civ Khan

Civ Khan Rarest Lurker

Taxes? Live in a small town. Law suit happy lawyers? Live in a small town. Stupid laws? Well... I don't think the judges know them. Governors making license plates? Thats why I don't trust politics. Any more? Lol

15. Fredeye

Fredeye Warlord

EJ,
    I'm having problems with the DL links for version 3. Is there something wrong or is it me? I recently downloaded some other scenarios like AOI II with no problems. THen again, if your version 4 is not that far off...maybe I should wait?

16. Klyden

Klyden Emperor

I grew up in a small town across the river from St Louis.

Sort of hard to ignore the income tax rate differences between the states along with noting the gas prices are about 12 cents a gallon higher in Illinois for some reason.

The issue with lawyers in Illinois is it is far too easy to sue for malpractice, so any doctor anywhere in Illinois pays much higher rates for insurance and of course, that cost is passed along to the consumer (IE the general paying public).

Sorry for the thread derail. Will leave this subject alone. ;)

17. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon King

Have you tried here?

18. Cylea

Cylea Chieftain

I can't speak for Fredeye but I have been having similar troubles with the DL links. I have tried the link you provided to stormoverciv and only had a little more luck. I could open the files but was either having trouble putting them in the right directory or there were flaws in them as well.

I played this scenario before on a previous computer and loved it, so I was really hoping to be able to put on my new one as well. Should I just wait for version 4 instead of struggling with the older edition?

19. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon King

Sometimes you get a folder within a folder, and that is what causes the problem. There is nothing within the .rar that is corrupt or has flaws.

Make sure that the folder in /conquests/scenario says AoI. Nothing else. Just AoI. That folder should only have 3 subfolders, and nothing else:

Art
    Sound
    Text

You can find the .biq for this scenario either from the first post in this thread, or in the conquests/scenario/AoI/text folder. Move that .biq to your conquests/scenario directory.

That should do it.

20. Cylea

Cylea Chieftain

Thanks for the swift response CivAgamemnon!

I am pretty sure I am following your instructions, to the point of capitalizing the folder named "art" in my AoI folder to match what you put. Folders all should be in the right place now, and I cut the .biq file from the text subfolder to move it to the right directory. However, I am still consistently getting the following error. This occurs before I get to the civ selection screen at around 30% loaded.

Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Stadium

The subfolders "art," "sound," and "text" are allowed to have subfolders inside of them, right? I have lots of those ("advisors," "civilopedia," etc.)

Very sorry about the continued harassment, and thanks a lot for your help!