SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

every time i try to load it up it says missing enrty pedialcons.text stadium. what am i doing wrong? i dowloaded both files and put them in the scenarios section of conquests

It's the folder within a folder problem. Read this post to solve the issue.

El J, maybe you could post some instructions with the first post near the download link or at SoC about it, since it seems to come up regularly?

alright...here we go - once the large folder named AoI is downloaded and extracted/unzipped, click on it. and you will find another folder named AoI. right-click on it, click "Cut", move back up into the Scenarios directory and click "Paste"; overtwrite the existing and now empty folder called AoI :) and now it should work.

Hey, El Justo, I thought you might get a kick out of this:

FRS = Federaal Republiek Skip (Federal Republic Ship)

The Early DD to the SW of the El Justo is the FRS Seven Ronin. I also have an early DD called the FRS Adler XVII and will name the next Early DD I launch the FRS Klyden :D

Attachments

• FRSElJusto.jpg
    FRSElJusto.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 522
may someone please tell me how to use el justo's terrain graphics from any of his maps(preferably tcw 1.6) on a massive world map. i want to make my own modern world map using some of el justo's terrain , improvements and units(this would only be for me so i assume plagiarism isnt an issue.

many thanks
josh

Hi El Justo.
Sorry if this problem has come up before but I have not seen it anywhere else and am looking for a speedy resolution.
I dowloaded the large file and the BIQ as instructed but when I tried to extract it to C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios the following error occurred, C:\Users\Duncan\Documents\AoI.zip: Cannot create folder AoI\art The system cannot find the path specified.
This error appeared in the WinRaR: Diagnostic messages box repeatedly for every file in the folder. The error quoted is merely the first of however many files there are in the folder.
I would appreciate any help on this subject as I am not sure how to fix it.

hi Duncan :)

strange indeed. try right-clicking on the large AoI.rar folder and extract it this way instead of clicking on it and awaiting the instructions. specifically, right-click on it, the choose "Extract files..." i know it seems rudimentary and all but give this a shot before we go any further :D

@josh.kerry
thank you for the nice words. making civ3 mods has been a hobby of mine for some time. if you want to thank anyone, it should be La Justa for putting up w/ the insane amount of hours it's taken to put together all of the scenario :cool:

as for the terrain, you can simply "Copy" the Terrain folder within any particular scenario that you want it from. it's found in the Art folder of any scenario. be aware though that there are some custom land tiles in my scenarios (volcanos only). so keep this in mind if you are generating a map w/ the game engine. it's easy to fix though...if you want to retain the default c3c terrain attributes.

the terrain_buildings.pcx files are also customized for my scenarios. this is the file that the game engine draws the gfx from for fortresses, mines, and the like. they're pretty much modern era things. so they wouldn't fit well in an ancient or medeival arrangment. a very simple solution would be to "Copy" the default terrain_building.pcx file in the Conquests/Art/Terrain folder and plop it into any customized Terrain folder that you've made.

snagging units is a little trickier...you would most likely have to C&P any of the ones you'd want. however, there is a feature in the editor that allows for some form of importation of things such as rules, civilizations, etc. but i've never had very good results using this feature...

I already tried doing it that way, same result. I also tried re-downloading win RAR but that didn't work either. I didn't have this problem on my old laptop so I am stumped as to why it is happening on the new one!

Same thing happens when I try to extract the BIQ file as well.

ideas anyone? :confused:

Well I can extract the files to other locations such as my documents or the desktop. It just goes wrong when I attempt to extract it to the proper scenarios directory. :confused:

Well I can extract the files to other locations such as my documents or the desktop. It just goes wrong when I attempt to extract it to the proper scenarios directory. :confused:

Then try to extract it somewhere else and cut and paste it from there to the scenario folder.

Edit: Do you have any other scenarios installed? If yes, any problems with installing them?

Did you intend the Virginia Class BB to upgrade. Civilopedia says it can upgrade but I can't upgrade them to South Carolina or New York BB. I can upgrade the South Carolina to New York though.

I cannot wait to try 4.0!

On another note, for the sake of the fatherland, I must defend the Chauchat (at least a little). The BAR was definitely a superior firearm, but the big problem with the Chauchat was exclusive to the US ones, that being that they were converted to fire .30-06, very poorly. This caused a lot of failures to eject and other issues with the American Chauchats.

Yes, the open magazine thing was a terrible idea, and the gun in general took some experience to get used to firing. However, it was very lightweight and one of the first LMGs, and workarounds to the magazine problem were in place by 1917. There were definitely superior designs (especially by 1918), but it did its job and was essential for France to making possible the stormtroop and combined arms tactics that broke the stalemate in the West.

Did you intend the Virginia Class BB to upgrade. Civilopedia says it can upgrade but I can't upgrade them to South Carolina or New York BB. I can upgrade the South Carolina to New York though.

First, please be aware that we know about the inaccuracies of the 3.0 Civilopedia - this is being fixed in the 4.0 release of AoI, and the upgrade paths will be refined. :mischief:

Second, here's the upgrade paths for the USA heavy ships for 3.0 (had to dig through the editor to collate this). Hope this information helps.

Preplaced (begins with):

Kearsage-class upgrades to the Virginia-class (when reaching pre-dreadnought 2).

USS Maine upgrades to the Virginia-class (when reaching pre-dreadnought 2)

USS Texas upgrades to the Virginia-class (when reaching pre-dreadnought 2)

Indiana-class (2nd generation pre-dreadnought BB) upgrades to the Virginia-class BB. (when reaching pre-dreadnought 2)

Pre-dreadnought BB's:

Virginia-class (3rd generation pre-dreadnought BB) does not upgrade. This is the final pre-dreadnought battleship class.

Dreadnought BB's:

South Carolina-class (1st generation dreadnought) upgrades to the New York-class DN (at dreadnought 3 tech)

Florida-class DN (2nd gen. dreadnought) upgrades to the New York-class DN. (at dreadnought 3 tech)

New York-class DN (3rd gen. DN) upgrades to the Pennsylvania-class DN. (at superdreadnought 3 tech)

Super Dreadnoughts:

Nevada-class (1st gen. SDN) does not upgrade.

Pennsylvania-class (2nd gen. SDN) does not upgrade.

New Mexico-class (3rd gen. SDN) does not upgrade.

Thanks for the unit upgrade info. I am 201 turns into my USA on hardest difficulty game.

USA - 14% world area
- 15% world population

British Empire - 30% world area
- 37% world population

World Ranking - 52355 British Empire
- 20803 Russia (they are dying fast lost most of their cities to Germany + Austria + a few other nations)
- 18748 USA

I finally took Canada and just got The Great War tech. I am pumping out New York BB and WW1 Infantry like crazy. I have 63 14" railguns, 161 New York BB, 44 Virginia Class BB, 159 US Infantry, 88 US Infantry WW1, 23 US Volunteer Infantry and 28 Colt M1895 MG Btln. I have a few other units like a couple destroyers and down to 2 US Marines. I was about to attack South America but noticed the British were just running away with the game (also I found out that I needed a city in South America to unload my railguns for cities that my Battleships couldn't bombard (lost my only city in a failed first attempt about 20 turns before). So after I realized I couldn't unload my railguns I just waited till I finally got peace with everyone then I declared war on the British and got every single nation against them if they weren't already with alliances. Well eventually a few defected and some declared war on me but I had my vast battleship fleet wrecking havoc off the coast of Europe and Africa. The British have control of all of Africa, India, a lot of East Indies islands, and taking over Ottoman and Persia cities. They took two cities in South America from New Granada which I gladly just took and now I can unload my railguns for the inner cities. I will eventually conquer South America which will make me have all of North, Central, and South America. The British still have a few islands in the Caribbean such as San Juan, Willemsted, Bridgetown, and Basse Terre which I will take shortly. I declared peace with everyone again except Balkans refuse peace at the moment but they are no threat since they don't even have a navy.

I am a little upset about the whole right of passage . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. They say I screwed over Mexico which is completely false. I waited the 20 turns and I even waited 2 or 3 more turns after the right of passage agreement went away not even having any units in there territory either yet somehow I still screwed them over??? Whatever.... I really don't care because I don't need right of passage with anyone. I will just conquer them all. Enjoying the scenario a lot so far!

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun! :) I've found that in this game, the only way you can get anywhere is to control the seas. I'd say you're going the right path with all those BB's. Way to go, dude! :thumbsup:

Makes me wish I still had some time to finish the AoI 3 game I have, but been far too busy. Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.

Top Bottom