1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Stazro

Stazro Prince

I'm all for being nice to new members, but whoever starts his "career" at cfc with calling an accomplished modder an idiot doesn't deserve better than to be addressed in the same manner, in my opinion.

2. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Good to see you back EJ. I hope that your real life schedule lightens up a bit and you get to spend more time here again. You've been my inspiration for the work I'm currently involved in.

Don't let these new users with <10 posts get you excited. It's not worth it. ;)

3. General 666

General 666 Culturebringer

El Justo:
    Hi El !:) Meanwhile I`ve started to think that you should upgrade the scenario files. I mean you should put all patches and new txt and so on into a brand new archive and replace the existing one. The time were bug reports coming in has obviously ended. To avoid problems and permanently question (How do I ...) for folks here.
    No ,really ,it seems complicated to use all the patches. Thinking of how popular your work is ,you should offer a better service.
    If you have only a slow modem ,just forget about this post.

If you agree ,PM me and I tell you how to get easily rid off the unused files. Doing so would allow you to make it more than 40 MB smaller.

... and I LIKE the ingame text ,yes I do:D

4. El Justo

El Justo Deity

nice :) thanks for the comments, all. great to hear from you guys. hopefully in the autumn my workload will ease and i will have some more time. but in the meantime, real life is taking priority. know though that all is well in Justoville :) nothing alarming. and those who have toddlers will know what i mean.

@General
    in time, old boy. let me get straight first.

@timerover
    i shake my head at your comments :rolleyes: you have no idea who i am, how many degrees i have (seems that you like to pimp your degrees, so i'll pimp mine - and yes, i've read some of your rather pompous posts here at cfc), or what type of job i have etc, etc. if i get irritated, it's not your concern and your douche-like comments are completely unnecessary. iow, mind you own business, dude.

5. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

Alright guys, let's stop posting like this and get back on topic. If you'd like to continue the discussion, that's what private messages were created for.

6. ShinraSoldier3

ShinraSoldier3 Chieftain

I just want to add something, since I bear the responsibility for this turn of discussion.

I didnt know who changed the dialogue. So I didnt mean to criticize 'El justo' in particular. The dialogue just seemed very out of character compared with the rest of the mod. I appreciate how much work these mods take to make, though. If justo created the scenario, I congratulate him. It's very well designed. I'm having fun playing as austria-hungary. Even though Russia steamrolled me in 1904!

I'll just ignore the douche remark. hehehehehe.

7. BadKharma

BadKharma Deity

I most definately have to agree whole heartedly, and I am sure you will do fine Moff.
    First it is great to see you back my friend! I need to do some projects for school and have decided to surprise you with a few graphical gifts that I am currently in the process of designing. If there is anything you would like specifically just let me know.

8. Brushwaterkhan

Brushwaterkhan Chieftain

i need help when ever i try to play AoI i get the message saying it failed because its mising an entry in "textpediaicon:icon_bldg_theater. can somebody help me

9. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

you probably need to download all the patches available

10. Brushwaterkhan

Brushwaterkhan Chieftain

which one i tried the ones given nothing works (ps i'm using civ3 complete)

11. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Hey El Justo :)

Im not sure if you know, but lately i've been making a number of industrial/ww1 graphics, which you might be interested in.

Here is a pic with a ww1 airfield (the one below the biplane) a grain elevator (tile south of Athens) Radio tower (tile southeast of Patra) two modern gun-turret forts, and some resources, such as gaslight :)

I am also in the process of making 5 industrial era sets (two are finished: greek and muslim)

Glad to see your scenario is so popular :)

12. El Justo

El Justo Deity

very nice K :) might even motivate me to open up the files :D

@Brushwaterkhan
    it's the 'folder within a folder' problem and it's very simple to cure. takes seconds to fix:

go to the AoI folder that you extracted/unzipped. click on it and you'll see another folder inside the AoI folder with the same exact name. 'cut' the one inside, go back up to the Scenarios directory, and then 'paste' that AoI folder. overwrite all files since the one that you 'cut' is the one that houses all of the necessary files :)

13. cubs1981

cubs1981 Chieftain

Great to have you back with us El J. By the way my deployment went fine. Thanks for the early release, made time fly.

14. vingrjoe

vingrjoe Landlocked Shipwright

Good to see you around again El Justo ! I hope you and the family are doing well.

15. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

16. vingrjoe

vingrjoe Landlocked Shipwright

Thanks Vuldacon, I'm glad to see that you are still around.

17. Avalic

Avalic Chieftain

I've been very addicted to this particular modification and it has gotten me to play Civilization 3 again. However, I'm having a small problem with the modification recently (I'm using the Steam version). It just seems that every few minutes the game crashes and I don't know what may be causing it. I am saving every turn to save my progress though sometimes it crashes in the middle of a turn. While I can live with it I would like to know if anyone has any advice on how to fix this problem. I have been opening the music files to listen to them outside of the game but I don't know if this would cause a problem. I haven't tried redownloading the mod yet since it's a long download and I'd like to know if there could be another solution to this. Thanks.

I'm also using version 4.1 of this mod with the latest patch of Civilization 3 Complete.

18. El Justo

El Justo Deity

hi Avalic :) welcome to our little corner of the world wide web.

have you rec'd any error messages? how far in are you in terms of turns? one known issue is the 'maximum units allowed' bug. this refers to the total number of units on the map at one time. my cfc friend Civinator knows the exact number and i seem to recall that it's 4 thousand something (might be higher). anyhow, if you can give me some details about when it crashes, what's going on in the game, etc then i could have a better picture of what may be causing your issue :D

19. Avalic

Avalic Chieftain

Well I'm very early in the game now and it's effecting all the civs I am trying to play. I started as the Germans but right before I researched my second tech it crashed. Unfortunately the error messages only say that the game just unexpectedly crashed. When I switched to the Americans the same problem happened again but this time I saved my game. I reloaded the game and the next crash happened right after I won my first battle in the game. Then I reloaded the game and took the city I was going after successfully and had no problems for a while. Unfortunately before my tech research finished the game crashed (I believe this was going to be my 3rd tech in the game). This has so far been my last crash. The Cold War mod is working wonderfully though.

Also I am using an HP laptop that I've had for 1 year if that helps. The operating system in Windows Vista. I do have a Mozilla Firefox window open each game I play since I'm looking at AARs as a sort of guide or something to keep me from stressing out when one of my plans don't go as well as they hoped. The longest game I've played with this mod is with Great Britain where I had got up to the Great War era in technology. This save also crashes but I assume it's probably because of how old the save is (last time I opened it was last year during winter).

Thanks. Also I'd like to congratulate a 6,000+ post thread, people must really like this quality mod.

20. General 666

General 666 Culturebringer

Wow !!! 6.000 posts and more than 400.000 views !!!

Congratulations ,El Justo !