1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

Cheers! Drinks all around! :beer: :cheers:

2. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

Why doesn't it work? It won't load.There is no pedia icon for theatre.

3. El Justo

El Justo Deity

@Avalic
    try running it w/ maximum ram. by this i mean that running other programs may siphon off much needed ram. of course, i don't know your specs. but i've run into ram issues w/ the AoI scenario. once i was able to ramp it up, the scenario ran smoothly. try this first and then we can diagnose again if the problem persists.

@Trajan7
    it's the 'folder within a folder' issue. extract the large AoI folder again. click on the unzipped/extracted folder and you'll see another folder named AoI. 'cut' this one, the one on the inside. move back up to the Scenarios directory and 'paste' the AoI folder that you just 'cut'. overwrite all files and then start'er up again. this will cure the theater issue you're encountering.

4. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

well i like it :cool: , and i enjoy to play this scenario

thank you El Justo to spend a lot of time for this scenario and thank you to share it here

....oh wait...dint i say i love it:confused:

5. El Justo

El Justo Deity

6. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

What General 666 said. This is truly a great achievement in more ways than one. I have been heavily influenced by this scenario in my work and I toss my hat into the ring of thank yous to you EJ!

7. El Justo

El Justo Deity

8. eaglefox

eaglefox Chhatrapati

Hi El Justo,

First of all good work with this scenario. Really like it. You've made this scenario really enjoyable. I have been playing Germany and was experiencing some trouble. I am trying to build the Sudwester Military Academy and the game just keeps crashing without any messages/warnings. I was looking at the bug fixes link and saw that you may have an idea about this problem already. Can you tell me how to fix it? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.

9. KingBen

KingBen Chieftain

For the first time in almost a year, I have a problem with AoI again.

I played a game as America a couple of days ago, did really well and was amazingly rich and already at Indi II by early 1899, but then today I loaded up Civ and it just won't load the save game.
    My game works fine on other games, but with the American the load gets to 38% and doesn't budge. I left it for an hour and nothing happened.
    I don't know what's causing it, however my thought is that it's something to do with the other save games? I have about 1000 of them so is it just it's confusing the game engine? I can load vanilla games easily, but anything AoI related just fails...

10. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

oh man EL justo so many ships for England and planes oh man , it took me around 1hour to move them :) then i quit the game i got tired to move them around

11. El Justo

El Justo Deity

@eaglefox
    iirc, there was some type of crash error involved w/ that sudwester file. check the link in my sig. i think it has the right patch/fix. should be able to resume your game, too.

@KingBen
    at first glance, not sure. maximum units allowed maybe? not sure. maybe it's a ram issue? that's a lot of save files :)

@smirnoff
    great britain is a bear to play. try another more manageable civ if you don't like all that micro managing.

12. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

its ok El justo i just wished there was a group button somewhere :)

13. ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter King

You can move all the units in a given stack together with the CTRL + J function (IIRC - I use the buttons on the right, above the info box because I don't like remembering the commands ... you can move all units in the stack or all units of a given type within the stack).

14. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

oh alrighty thanks mate, i ll try that should work :)

15. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

I'm playing as the Americans right now, and it's becoming a bear managing the Pacific Fleet.

I control:
    -All the (former) British Empire except New Zealand
    -All of central America
    -All German colonies around the world
    -All of South America save the city in French Guyana
    -All of ..... screw the thousand words, map coming up shortly....

Here's the mini-map (I don't not control any of the Ottoman Empire save the city West of Mecca (can't remember the name), and a few cities that were captured by other nations which I in turn captured.

Speaking of beasts, this is an on-going process ferrying all the raw materials from Southern Africa to South America (I don't have a ton of transports, they're all just full):

Here's a small snapshot of the token force I have bombarding New Zealand, the rest is further north. I have a similarly sized fleet in the North Atlantic:

16. Meteor Man

No offense, great game, but that's nothin' compared to the US Atlantic fleet in my game. I had to stand up to the British Navy. Needless to say, I took it all out in 3 turns. :satan:

17. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

Notice that I said "token force", the majority of my Pacific fleet was elsewhere chasing down German and British dreadnoughts and transports (and succeeding). Some of them are also bombarding Ottoman held cities in India, gathering for an attack on Siam, and heading towards the other Ottoman held cities around the Persian Gulf area.

As of right now I'd say that the Pacific Fleet has around 45-50 ships (way down from when the British and German navies were are full strength). I've started scuttling the older dreadnoughts. I think the oldest class of ship I have is the Florida class, and I'm slowly scrapping those along with the New York Class.

18. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

3 Turns...:confused::mischief::rolleyes:???

19. ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter King

Occasionally an HMS will sink a USS and try to run for it ... it can take a turn or two to catch it.

20. Meteor Man

Yep. Three turns. :king:

Okay, I'm impressed. That was about the size of my navy. Nukes? Who needs 'um! :nuke: