SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Well, from what I can see in the editor, they can't build either.

Other things that I noticed:
The Australian and Canadian Shipyards have the "Reduces Corruption" flag checked in the Wonder box. Didn't that make them pretty much unbuildable? If so, shouldn't it be the flag in the Improvement box that's checked?
Same goes for the Naval Station. That may be a deliberate decision on your part though, to stop human and AI from building it, while preplacing it in several spots (I noticed one in Montevideo).
Also, many of the unit-spawning wonders (Askari Barracks, French West Africa etc.) do not have the "militaristic trait" flag checked. Is that on purpose? I don't remember if militaristic civs get a discount on wonders - IIRC it's only on improvements.
And, last but not least, the Chinese town of Erenhot has no Colonialism resource underneath itself, making some Colonial improvements unbuildable there.

Of course, very understandable.
Only looking through the editor to check for the torpedo bombers made me dizzy, I can't even imagine how it must be to put all the units, buildings etc. in there.
So, thanks very much for a great scenario (almost an entirely new game)!

yes :lol: dizzying is a good word :) i can't even begin to explain how epic the construction of this beast was. much thanks goes to those who helped, especially Vuldacon (w/ gfx and other nuances) and of course Klyden who helped me a great deal w/ the historical stuff (especially the military hardware). a Kly sighting here too :cool: hi old buddy. hope you're well!

i started this a couple days ago, and this is my report of what has happened (playing as US)

1895-ordered the construction of a line of fortifications along the canadian/US Border garrisonned each with a gatling gun Orginized fleet into the N. Altantic S. Atlantic fleets, and the Pacific fleet,

1896 Waged War Against Spain Captured Cuba after a difficult battle (not enough troops noob mistake) bombarded Manila captured Davao, and the rest of the Philippines, and got San Juan as a gift in peace negotiations

1898 Organised Navy into Three (3) fleets in the Atlantic each consisting of 2 BB 2 PC 1 DD and the Fortifications now at 2 gatlings each, as well as a cannon. my stategic planning of the fortifications near canada has proved a great idea, the UK,Spain, and the Colombians delcare war upon me, I quickly capture Panama, and hold my own against the British in Canadal. the Naval war was fought in my favor as I use my fleets to bombard transport fleets protected by torpedo boats, most likely loaded with troops,

1899 my gatlings turn into Browings and rail guns are now dominant in my forts as numerous wars spark against the British VS. the Germans Austrians and the US Multiple gains (Jamacia and Georgetown) are made in the Carribean by the US as the Germans and Austrians bear the brunt of the fighting in Europe, by this time the US Navy is a force to be reconed with as they out number the British battleship to battleship 2:1!!! the Royal Navy is demolished with medium losses from the USN!

GREAT GAME!!!!!:crazyeye:

Yeah it's great. I love how the US can steamroll South America no-problemo then go and meddle in European affairs.

(Or Australia's :mischief:)

I'm playing a game as the United States right now, and in the beginning I had a bit of trouble pushing through central America. I didn't have hardly any artillery, and I think about 4 ships more than the starting fleet.

Though after I mustered up the forces to overrun central America I kept right on going and torched South America in pretty short order. I proceeded to hit Canada and the Caribbean, and figured while I was at war with Spain I might as well take their homeland. After taking Canada, all of the Spanish lands and a large chunk of South Africa, I invaded Ireland and then England (who I believe have their last city under siege in India.

Then I loaded up the troops and landed 1 transports worth on New Zealand (they were slaughtered). I kept a few ships there and sent the rest of my ground forces to Australia. After slugging it out in E. Australia for about 5 years I finally managed to push Westwards and capture the remaining cities.

My current campaign is a war to remove Siam, and two and a half pronged attack on the Ottoman Empire. Two and half because I'm invading from Europe, up through Arabia, and an on-and-off campaign to push them out of India.

That's everything thus far. I may try to hit China after this.

Verbatim. This is exactly what I'm talking about verbatim. Nice job by the way. And this can't be done without a load of artillery. ;)

At least not inland. I love having free access to any coastline, though those damn Italians are blocking entrance to the Bosphorus so I can't blast the hell out of Istanbul. :mad:

Nuke it.

:nuke:
Blast it back to Constantinople. Or better yet, Byzantium. Or the bum of a peninsula that was there before.

Or you could just go around. ;)

Nuke it.

:nuke:
Blast it back to Constantinople. Or better yet, Byzantium. Or the bum of a peninsula that was there before.

Or you could just go around. ;)

It's blocking a good number of troops that could help drive all the way through Anatolia. My primary strategy counts on the fall of Istanbul, but yes I plan to bombard the hell out of it.

Then plan where to go next... back to remove the Balkans to clear a path into AH or the less entertaining option of driving North and splitting the Russian Empire.

I think messing with the Russians would be fun, but that's just me. :D
Push straight through Moscow, hit the German border, push through southern Germany, capture Paris, take Caen as a naval base, and invade the British. Fun.

But of course you know your own troop strength.

I think messing with the Russians would be fun, but that's just me. :D
Push straight through Moscow, hit the German border, push through southern Germany, capture Paris, take Caen as a naval base, and invade the British. Fun.

But of course you know your own troop strength.

Hehehe, already have all but one of the British Empires cities (it's last city). :evil:

After making a few changes - enabling those German seaplanes for the K.u.k. monarchy, putting some more island colonies in (Guadeloupe, Mauritius, Maldives, German Samoa, New Caledonia, Cape Verde, São Tomé, Comoros, Moluccos) and giving the Chinese Canton as a 2nd coastal city, enabling MPPs with Ind. II, and making some of the unit-producing wonders as well as slightly worse version of the Commonwealth units available for everyone (historically inaccurate, I know; but I'd like to produce units if I were to conquer Australia) - I started up again as Austria-Hungary (petty chief officer - petty, I know :blush:; but as unit and building costs are the same for human and AI there, I thought it's the most fair level. Actually, with the knowledge and intelligence of a human, the AI should get a little discount, so will do my next game with a comparable nation on a higher level).

This time I had a thought-through plan to go after the Balcans ASAP, with a combination of cavalry and the great artillery A/H has. Later would come either Italy or the Ottomans, and then we'd see.
After 1 1/2 years of building and preparing, war was declared on the Balcans, and less than a year later, they were no more.
In Week 21, 1898, the stupid Germans declared on the mighty British. :mad: I thought my navy was done for, but actually rid the eastern Mediterranean of theirs instead. Took Malta and Cyprus with little to no losses, and was about to plan an invasion of Egypt when big brother Germany made peace.
Next, in Week 21, 1900, they declare on France! And the French send huge armies my way, as most cities are only defended by 1-2 units. Making use of my oversized artillery and elite cavalry I cut them to pieces and later fortify some Maxim MG units to stop these invasions. In the first week of 1901 peace is signed, and preparations for the Ottoman war are underway. Before the peace came about though, I reached Industrialization II and signed a MPP with the British, which made them declare on France. They're still at it, but not much has come of it so far.

nice, Tank :) what level are you playing on?

I think it's petty officer. Haven't had time to look recently.

Here are some pictures of the mini-map:
This one shows the area I control and the area I don't control. The aquamarine is my territory, red is not:

Here is a plain copy of the mini-map:

Top Bottom