SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Big game and ivory seem a little redundant considering big game is a primary source for ivory and especially now that belgium is a separate civ and i assume won't require big game for its colonial units.
Big game may be a prime source for ivory, but the category also includes non-ivory-producing animals, like lions, wildebeest, BEARS, and the great cats. The Big Five in Africa are the Lion, African Elephant, Cape Buffalo (NASTY bastards), Leopard, and Rhinoceros. Of these, only the Elephant is an ivory-producer.

I like eazy's ideas. A single "capital" wonder for all the civs that have something unique in their capital atm is a very goood idea for freeing up building slots. I agree about "big game" too.

I must just ask how close are you to release ver. 5.0 ???

The wait makes you crazy, just imagining all the new stuff (especially all the great new steel ships made in the last year).

I've seen that new WWI sets are close to be realesed and just wondering if that´s one of the things you´re waiting to include El Justo.

i'm not going into the buildings section of the editor. too much work, too much fiddling, and probably too much impact on gameplay. by too much, i mean that i just don't have the time to get through it all. a neat idea but let's try to remember the Golden Rule fellas: If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It :p

i played some more of my portugal game over the weekend. and whadaya know? the damn sub bug yanked me into a war with Spain. my fault all the way since i left 3 coastal subs unprotected...and i realized this when my turn was over. not one to replay turns so i went with it. they've got nothing. for kicks and giggles, i moved some units into spanish territory. i'll see what i can bag. got some heavies too at my disposal (french 155mm howitzers, british 18 pounders, ww1 infantry and some coastal bb's).

now, i hope you guys realize that i now have to start adding in new unit gfx as they're pumped out :) Delta Strife had made some ships and there are a pile of ground units in the works that i'll probably have to add it. yes, it's great to have new artwork etc. but this is gruntwork for me. so if there are any folks here who may want to start assembling these new units, in AoI ready mode, i would be gracious :) it would save a ton of time b/c after i get done this portugal game, i'll have to start plugging in all these new units. but if someone here can do it, it will shave off a lot of time. any takers? i can give you the specs. pretty simple but they need to be precise...

i played some more of my portugal game over the weekend. and whadaya know? the damn sub bug yanked me into a war with Spain. my fault all the way since i left 3 coastal subs unprotected...and i realized this when my turn was over. not one to replay turns so i went with it. they've got nothing. for kicks and giggles, i moved some units into spanish territory. i'll see what i can bag. got some heavies too at my disposal (french 155mm howitzers, british 18 pounders, ww1 infantry and some coastal bb's).

Portugal invades Spain? Yay! Payback time! :goodjob:

I hate that bug. I've stopped building subs altogether (in all expansions/cenarios), and any that are autoproduced, I destroy, unless they can carry something :mad:

Just a quick question about a "feature", I know the purpose behind the trenches in game, but I have to question their placement. Playing as Germany, there are many trenches in Europe, but they are all placed in spots easily bypassed. Is there some reasoning I haven't thought of, some feature I've never realized, or something? In all honesty, I've never understood the whole castles, forts, trenches, as the AI always just bypasses it. XD

Quite a few of the Fortifications in Europe guard Victory Point locations - like all the ones on the German/Russian, AH/Russian, and Balkan/Turkish borders. Likewise, France, the Lowlands, and Italy's Fortifications guard VPLs; the German/Lowlands border also has a German VPL. That leaves (by my count) five locations of Fortifications without VPLs. The first is on the AH side of the AH/Italy border, and prevents Italy from spamming troops into AH in one turn (at least until they Road that mountain tile). The other four are in Germany; two guard Coal deposits (Munich and Dusseldorf), one guards Copper (Dusseldorf), and one guards Oil (Berlin).

Quite a few of the Fortifications in Europe guard Victory Point locations - like all the ones on the German/Russian, AH/Russian, and Balkan/Turkish borders. Likewise, France, the Lowlands, and Italy's Fortifications guard VPLs; the German/Lowlands border also has a German VPL. That leaves (by my count) five locations of Fortifications without VPLs. The first is on the AH side of the AH/Italy border, and prevents Italy from spamming troops into AH in one turn (at least until they Road that mountain tile). The other four are in Germany; two guard Coal deposits (Munich and Dusseldorf), one guards Copper (Dusseldorf), and one guards Oil (Berlin).

Ahh, I wasn't aware. I assumed they were historical placements or something, that just didn't translate well into game play. Thanks.

yes, that pretty much sums it up. iirc, we moved those VP locations to the resources mainly b/c of the aforementioned/maginot-like end-around that the AI likes to do.

i've been gassed lately at night...so no turns over the last few days. was going to try last night but my body said lay down which i did :) and then the eyes shut too :D

EJ, I can help you out with adding units if you like. Unit gruntwork is my specialty. I'm not too familiar with the AOI units as is but just tell me what you need and I can comply, including Civpedia entries, pcxs, etc. Are you waiting for Imperator's pack to come out as well? Just let me know.

yes, i'm basically waiting for both sets...french and russian ships (i think ivan is next) as well as the ground units. i guess the first step would be to evaluate what is going in. keep it simple :) easiest way to do that would be to determine whether there are place holder gfx in there for the new units (i'd would say about 90% are placeholders at this point; there are a few that are in already like the chauchat for sure, german mg another). and if this is the case, where there are placeholders in the AoI/Art/Units folder, then keep track of which unit folders will need additions.

now, by 'additions', i mean that what i would do would be to dump the new flc files into the existing AoI unit folders. i proceed like this b/c i want to avoid meeting Mr. Murphy :) creating new folders...and game-testing them...could be an issue b/c there are lots of unit folders are linked to one another...and if they are disrupted, it can cause a chain of crashes. so...to avoid all this, i would highly recommend that new flc files simply be dumped into existing unit folders. of course, the INI files will have to be edited and all that. but by dumping like this, it will avoid Murphy's Law and keep the folder linkages intact :) whew, that was a mouthful :D does it make sense? :lol: thanks btw :)

I know just what you mean. :) No problem. It'll be a nice break from endless waves of T-72 variants.

Meanwhile I'll catch up on what's in there already and the spreadsheet. I've got version 4 downloaded but haven't played a full game yet. Just waiting for Version 5 at this point. I have dug into your biq and folders a bunch to see how you do business, though. :) I'm like the guy who breaks the clock to see how it works.

I disabled the locked alliance between Germany and Austria/Hungary (I know, not historically accurate), but now the .biq says scientific leaders are disabled. I didn't change anything else, so what is causing this, "error", and how do I re-enable it?

Edit: Huh, it could be a false positive. I just opened up the AOI4 .biq, and saved it as a different name without changing anything, and scientific leaders were disabled again.

i'm not sure :confused: however, one quirky idea, one i grab from Virote Considon here at cfc, is to crap out of your game, go back to the title screen, start a base vanilla game WITH SCIENTIFIC LEADERS ENABLED, get it to the first turn, crap out of that, then reload a new game of AoI. confusing, yes. but this got rid of those annoying barb units that would magically appear in scenarios, even though barbs were not enabled; ie start vanilla game with no barbs, crap out, start AoI game. just stabbin' in the dark here :cool:

i'm not sure :confused: however, one quirky idea, one i grab from Virote Considon here at cfc, is to crap out of your game, go back to the title screen, start a base vanilla game WITH SCIENTIFIC LEADERS ENABLED, get it to the first turn, crap out of that, then reload a new game of AoI. confusing, yes. but this got rid of those annoying barb units that would magically appear in scenarios, even though barbs were not enabled; ie start vanilla game with no barbs, crap out, start AoI game. just stabbin' in the dark here :cool:

Good idea, I may try that. I'm not sure if they're ACTUALLY disabled, but the vict. screen in CivContent doesn't have it listed, nor does the screen you pick a civ. The odd thing is, I can't find that option in the the editor anywhere. o.o I don't know if I'm just blind, or if it's in some obscure spot.

I had another idea to test if they still show up; are there any wonders or conditions I can meet to assure one spawning?

Edit 2: After some further research, it seems that this is a bug introduced via the 1.22 update of the editor. My options appear to be that I can enable default rules, and set them to this mods standard; or use the 1.15 editor, although I can't seem to find a download for it. Is there an unofficial .biq editor out there?

Edit 3: By doing default rules, I can re-enable scientific leaders, but I can't select capturing raw materials......argh, this is frustrating. XD

Is the scenario supposed to have scientific leaders? I always assumed they had been taken out because it would be over-kill to have all the +2 discovery wonders AND scientific leaders.

Is the scenario supposed to have scientific leaders? I always assumed they had been taken out because it would be over-kill to have all the +2 discovery wonders AND scientific leaders.

I don't know if they're meant to be used, but they're enabled in the games pre-set rules, and I've had them spawn via tech. I just wasn't paying attention to which tech, for troubleshooting issues.

This actually fixes most problems that I encounter...kind of like pressing the RESET button.

Top Bottom