1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. El Justo

El Justo Deity

yes, it's like a global reset. not sure why the problem continues. this method must not work with the science leaders which are indeed in there. it was a royal PITA to find all of them too :)

2. geminisama

geminisama Resident Batman

Well a little update; I believe I got it running fine. Enabling the choice of options at start up, I was able to enable scientific leaders, and although I can't enable the "capture resources" options, capture the flag seems to do the same thing. Tried with and without it enabled, and capture the flag seemed to do the trick. It's nearly 1900, and everything has played out correctly.

Unfortunately after all that trial and error, I found Stephs custom editor... XD

3. Samanoske888

Samanoske888 Chieftain

I keep getting this error as I load the scenario:

LOAD ERROR
    File not found
    "Art\Units\British Indian Inf WW1\..\Infantry\InfantryDeath.flc"
    The game will now exit.

Am I missing the infantry death for that unit?

4. geminisama

Quite odd. I've been fighting Britain as Germany, and I've had Indian infantry show up at Tsingato with no errors.

5. Timelord

Timelord Chieftain

One way to see if your missing that file is to look in the folder for it, also make sure your paths are right

6. johnnyjal

johnnyjal Prince

The latest version will have more cities?
    I have enough trouble already trying to maintain city populations (playing as USA)
    and cannot get many to or above a certain population level.
    Will there be any corresponding city improvements or new civilians or tile bonuses?

I understand that most all American cities of that era did not get nearly
    as large as a lot of European cities. I'm just not sure if the scenario was
    designed that way or not.

7. Bogatyr

Bogatyr Chieftain

I sometimes raze cities in particularly crowded areas to allow neighbouring ones to grow huge, especially if their territory is completely over-lapped by surrounding cities under my control. For example, I always raze the one east of Prague (forget which it is) as Austria and usually Bologna as Italy. I'd rather have two absolutely huge cities than three competing for resources.

8. jlvfr

jlvfr King

I do this quite often. :goodjob:

9. El Justo

El Justo Deity

yes, there are more cities in this version. but not squished in there. most of the new cities are island locations. the pacific, some in the atlantic, the seychelles, and some other spots. it's mainly colonial locations.

10. Ranger54

Ranger54 Chieftain

How goes the testing?

I'm gettin anxious! I'm looking forward to this new version almost as must as I did Ver 4.

11. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

I believe I can assure you that based on the previous releases, this will be the best that El Justo alone can do within the amount of time he has had to expand upon this very Meritorious Game :)
    There are many areas where many might say or believe that we could change what is pre-programed but not so simple at all.

Even to try to answer what many people ask is an impossibility to answer because we do not have control over the Hard coded factors that hinder what we want to provide.

This factor alone is MOST important when considering what an individual has done within the possible ares of this game.

12. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :D :goodjob:

13. El Justo

El Justo Deity

14. Vuldacon

15. geminisama

I haven't been able to figure this out, but is there anyway to disable the "We love the ....", animation? The fireworks look nice, and are neat to look at; but I'm at 1902 and they're REALLY slowing things down for me. It's almost tempting to make everyone hate me for a performance boost. :lol:

16. Vuldacon

geminisama... how are the Fireworks slowing things down for you... they are simply graphics.
    The We Love The _ is what gives you a performance boost.

17. geminisama

I'm not exactly sure how they're doing it, but when the screen has a lot of them going on, scrolling, selecting, and animations become sluggish. On turns that people are not widely celebrating, things don't get so sluggish, so maybe it's a cpu issue.

And I meant computer performance, not city performance. :)

18. Vuldacon

geminisama... I understand. That is from so many animations happening at once. This usually happens in most games when it is saturated with many units and animations that all are being played at the same time. We can all use Stronger computers :) You could turn off showing some of the animations in preferences that can help.

You can also use a single Frame flc for Fireworks that would prevent your computer from having to play the 81 frame Fireworks flc. Take the Flc called "Empty.flc" and copy it then rename it "Fireworks.flc" and place it back into your Art/Animations/Fireworks Folder. This will be a single frame Flc that shows nothing.

If you want to see when your cities are celebrating We Love The _ .... you could also make a single Frame Flc using just one of the Frames from the Fireworks.flc and use that as the Fireworks.flc.

Here is a single Frame Fireworks.flc that you can try to see if it helps your situation.

Attached Files:

19. geminisama

I'll try this, thanks Vuldacon!

Edit: It worked, things are running smoothly again. I appreciate it.

20. Vuldacon