SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

I pulled the .bic file out from the AoI v4.1 and put in the conquest folder and it worked. Thanks Angelle for your advice in getting me started.

No problem man. Enjoy it! This is no doubt a legend of a scenario that deserves it's own wing in a Civilization Hall of Fame. :)

While I was playing and a error occurred and it closed my game how can I fix it? The file error reads as File not found "Art\Unit\Belgian Cavalry\.\US Cavalry\CavalryDefault.flc. I replaced the Belgian cavalry with cavalry unit today and the game still crashed on me.

While I was playing and a error occurred and it closed my game how can I fix it? The file error reads as File not found "Art\Unit\Belgian Cavalry\.\US Cavalry\CavalryDefault.flc. I replaced the Belgian cavalry with cavalry unit today and the game still crashed on me.
hi again. try reading through Civinator's post here. it has a list of fixes.

Thanks for directing me to Civinator, I tried what he said but the error still occurred But the error read out as "Art\Units\Belgian Cavalry\Belgian Cavalry.INI. So the error read out is different now but still occurs.

Thanks for directing me to Civinator, I tried what he said but the error still occurred But the error read out as "Art\Units\Belgian Cavalry\Belgian Cavalry.INI.

Try replacing the .INI file with a copy of the Dutch cavalry.INI (rename the copy Belgian cavalry.INI first). As for the MG08/15 and MG 08/18 I could send you fixed .INI files, but I was unable to attach them to this message.

I just replaced the missing Belgian Cavalry with US Cavalry (I did rename it to Belgian cavalry) and it works now with no problems.

Finally got time in RL to download version 5 of this great scenario. Have played versions 3 an 4 on and off over 7 years and decided to try this one as Romania. Two issues. 1. The VP location, while showing as Romanian in the biq, as soon as the game start, it's in Balcan territory and I get asked to leave their territory! I bumped up the culture in Bukharest from 100 to 1000 and that fixed it. 2. The VP location is garrisoned but in the open. All other VP locations are either in cities or in fortifications, so I added a fortification to the VP location. Continuing the game feeling like a mouse in a roomful of elephants! It will be a lonnng time before I can even be a threat to the Balcans - if I survive!

Continuing the game feeling like a mouse in a roomful of elephants! It will be a lonnng time before I can even be a threat to the Balcans - if I survive!

Unfortunately, if the focus of the game is on the colonial era - Romania should be left out of the Balkan league; if the focus was on WWI - Bulgaria should be left out.

Some ideas for a future version:

1) I think A-H receives an unfair advantage by having low war weariness. The Dual Monarchy was a multi-ethnic empire and should receive high war weariness similarly to the Tsarist Monarchy and Islamic Sultanate.

2) Ethiopia still uses the Islamic city graphics.

did you go into the Sounds/Diplo folder to check ? i can look later if you want :) i remember putting them all in. just can't pinpoint exactly although i would guess and say some type of piano 'rag'.

Started up a game as China. Only modification to the position was I added a Home Guard in Erenhot; was it intentionally left without a unit inside it, or was this in error?

Anyway!

Woo, what a difference. I had been playing as Germany for the last several months (after controlling all of Europe except Scandinavia, Italy, Portugal and Britain all the way to the Urals, as well as all of Africa despite 90% of the world declaring war on me, it was time to try something new) and boy is this a radical change.

That China starts with nothing but Home Guards makes it an especially exhilarating experience, since you're essentially always at risk for the first year or two until you get a small army together.

I used my usual strategy of using the first few years to ramp up shield production by building all the improvements, and this is more important than ever due to the lack of Colonial Conscripts. Every Engineer I have is precious, and allocating them was a tough task; ultimately I decided to split them in a manner of having about 1/3 building a railway down the middle of China (a "spine" if you will) while the others built roads and mines to get us up to speed.

One perk of China is that it was really easy to get each city's production rolling after those few years, so now I'm in a state of perpetual mobilization and can easily outproduce the Europeans. While the artillery isn't stellar, it's cheap enough I've got dozens of them all; I was able to use this doomstack to take Tsingtao in 1899 even though I only had a mostly-attack 5 Infantry force.

After I build up my railways towards the south a bit more (so an extra year or two) and have two or three Machine guns, I think I'll declare war on France to get them to send their stacks in so I can pick them apart and gain some extra experience. My main goal right now is to try and get a Corps or two so I can really turn the tide against any power.

While Tibet is a tempting target, I'd definitely not eliminate them just yet because they have the only mountain pass between India and China fortified... ergo, until Britain decides to kick them out of that pass, it is prudent to leave them with at least one city to keep the Brits off my back. In the short term, I'm going to build a road to Tibet so I can trade them some resources, both for extra income and so they can start building railroads for when I take them over in the distant future.

My furthest goal would be to eventually invade Korea (so I can gain access to industrial units) after Japan and whoever else have gotten into it, though that's a ways off.

War with Britain, while likewise tempting (so long as Tibet stands, after all, they can't reach me overland barring Burma, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Malaya), is something I want to put off as long as possible so they'll be nice and build a railway through my territory to connect Shanghai to everything else. ;) ...plus the Royal Navy isn't exactly something I want to say hi to until I have a small coastal fleet/roads on every coastal tile.

With regards to research, this is the first time I turned off Governors. They kept turning all my citizens into tax collectors, which left me waiting 12 turns to get new techs. Turning all spare citizens into Scientists is far more useful and has me getting a new tech every 8 turns or so instead.

Having a fun time with this different experience!

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I would greatly appreciate it if you checked it out for me! :)
ok, i found 4 diplo song files inside the Sounds/DiploSounds folder:
the file called NAEarlyPeace is a song called 'Alexander's Ragtime Band'. it was written by the very popular, early 20th century American composer Irving Berlin. iirc it was 1910 or 1911 when it debuted. this file plays in the 1st two eras, when at peace with the US.

NAEarlyWar is a modern rendition of George Gershwin's 'It Ain't Necessarily So' which comes from the 1935 Gershwin opera Porgy and Bess. this plays 1st two eras when at war with US. one could argue this doesn't belong in AoI and the years are not matching, for sure. but Gershwin is Great :)

NALatePeace is a ragtime-ish rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame. this was a Tin Pan Alley song from 1908. this plays in ears 3-4 when at peace.

NALateWar is another Gershwin, this one his Piano Concerto in F which debuted in 1925. a unique piece by Gershwin. he wasn't a classical pianist but that is how this one was arranged. played only when at war with US in eras 3-4.

Well sir... where have you been????

I missed you and was worried, started to send you an email to an old address I had.

Good to see you my friend.

Hope you, little L J, and wife are doing good.

Thanks, El Justo. I was dying to know the name of that first song.:) It's a shame it's nowhere to be found in my downloaded files.

Top Bottom