1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. El Justo

El Justo Deity

2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Congratulations! I think this is a clear world record for Civ 3! :band::beer:

3. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

Definitely well-earned. The new interface looks quite spiffy.

4. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

Very nice work, El Justo. Just thought I'd let you know that some of your images on the first page aren't showing for me, just an Imageshack icon.

5. MoistPete

MoistPete Chieftain

Hi all. I'm thrilled to see this mod in particular has survived. It's disappointing to see a lot of good mods disappear now that SOC is gone. I've never scoured my hard drives harder for mods like Rhye's, TGW, and especially AoI. I had a similar Boers vs. the world game that I've seen on these forums.

I really admire your work and commitment, grats on the million views. I can't wait for 5.0.

I haven't played civ for a very long time, and am trying to get a lot of mods to work. For AoI, everything seems to be working, except all the labels are mixed up. The date is "Airfield", even the ok and cancel buttons when choosing civs are labeled as "Wake All" and "Set Continental Rally Point." The 'Random' selection is called "DIFFICULTY". After exiting that menu, civ glitches out and there's even an extra button in the main menu with a glitchy civ title. I've never seen anything like these when trying to install mods before. I've checked the labels.txt, and the patterns for which ones are mixed up seem to be that they're just one off, but others seem random in the way they're mixed up. It's still playable, but also the music often freezes between turns. The turns are very quick, but the game freezes for about 10 seconds, with Windows asking me if I should close it or not. Then it just goes straight to my turn, and the music resumes.

The freezing part might just be my computer, but do you have any idea what to do for the labels problem (other than manually moving them around)? I've looked around, and it seems unique to me. It's the same text file as everyone else's, but for some reason I think it's loading wrong. If you have any idea, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for keeping it updated!

6. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

Hi MoistPete,

Does your copy of C3C have the final patch (1.22 I believe)? If not, this would fix your labels.txt problems!

7. clamel

clamel Prince

You got tons of work ahead of you. For one all the very nice new ships that pops up almost every day from Delta. Since I sent you the my file some half dozen new has been replacing your old ships.
    Just these week USSAtlanta and USS Bainbridge (you got an old Olimpia of course), but Spain Espana was a nice addition.

They look very lovely in-game....

8. El Justo

El Justo Deity

@MoistPete
    thanks for the nice words. Virote is right, i think, about the patch and the text glitches. as for the music lag, it could be your pc or the ram. do you have other programs running at the same time ?

@clamel
    yeah, tell me about it :lol: i have dozens more to add. it's grueling work and work that i do not particularly like :) but it is all part of the package, i suppose.

i took a little break over the last few weeks, waiting for my home pc to be rebuilt. there were some power issues that needed to be fixed. HD is intact. so no worries there. my bro-in-law is the one who built the rig and he is the one fixing it :) so i am waiting on him, essentially. once i am back up and running, i will have more time to work on my 'list'. summer time offers me more time to do this stuff. so i look forward to getting my home pc back up and running.

here's a brief rundown of my 'list':
    complete new soundtrack (finished)
    add in rest of new Delta ships (partially finished, could use help if anyone is interested)
    re-do interface (partially finished - this is what i'll pick up once the pc is fixed)
    tweak gameplay ever so slightly (have not gotten to this although i have some rough ideas)

9. Simon Darkshade

Simon Darkshade Mysterious City of Gold

G'day El Justo. Excellent to see a new version in the works. I'll give thought to a few potential suggestions over the coming weeks.

10. Da Fuzz

Da Fuzz Chieftain

Moistpete, I had the same text issue. After some fiddling around with it, I fixed it by deleting the labels file in the text folder.

I have no idea how to fix the audio though

11. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

For the labels issues, I think you are one of the poor civers who must use the Steam version of Civ 3 Complete. Steam/Firaxis in their unlimited "wisedom" made an update to Civ 3 Complete where they put a new line into the labels text - that causes the distortions in the text of all mods and scenarios that were be done before that update of the Steam version.

In post one of the RARR-thread (at the end) I wrote more about it and the RARR-mainfile holds a fix for that issue. May be I should post it separately.

I never heard of that sound problem before, but at present here I can´t give a help yet. Thanks to god I don´t have that "***" Steam version.

12. jimmygeo

jimmygeo Warlord

Problems! I just upgraded to Windows !0 and Civ 3 won't work. It worked fine in Windows 8.1. What gives?

13. Fredeye

Fredeye Warlord

Oh crap! I was afraid of this. Thanks for the heads up.

14. Delta_Strife

Delta_Strife Deity

@jimmygeo hey this Thread may help you.

15. Redman

Redman Emperor

Congrats El Justo!!

16. Redman

Redman Emperor

Wow! In the first picture I even see British infantry. Did they bring them from the mainland you think?

17. Redman

Redman Emperor

Any progress El Justo? Just curious. Probably you're working hard on the overhaul of AoI?

18. Loudspeaker

Loudspeaker Chieftain

Thanks to El Justo for this wonderful mod, which I have been playing for years. In fact, I rather play this mod than an ordinary CivIII game. To me AoI IS CivIII :D

19. Eredark

Eredark Chieftain

One question.
    Is some way to forbid AI destroying cities in this scenario?
    'cos that's sad when for example Germany (AI) declarating war on France (AI) and destroying Marseille or some another city.
    This option (possibility to destroying cities by AI) is good for original game but bad for AoI. :(

And thanks to El Justo and others for this amazing scenario!

20. Redman

Redman Emperor

Eredark, if you use the 'no raze-patch', then razing isn't a problem anymore (for you or the AI). Please check the installationprocedure for more info.