1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. El Justo

El Justo Deity

doh!

wrong thread bud!

2. Klyden

Klyden Emperor

Bah.. sorry about that..

3. Metacomet

Metacomet King

El Justo,

I’m enjoying my game with Brazil a lot, after I created an economic power in South America I was ready to go to war. I had a MPP with British and allies, after a few turns Venezuela was in war with GB, that was my opportunity to have my own oil. Venezuela only had defensive units inside their cities, 12 in Caracas, and the conquest was really hard.

Now I will move against Ecuador and Maybe Paraguay and Argentina.

El Justo I can say that now Brazil is perfect, I’m thinking to start playing another country, just to give you a million of new ways to improve that country and create a realistic country. I’m thinking that maybe my next country will be Mexico, what do you think about Mexico?

4. El Justo

El Justo Deity

Metacomet,

that's all very good news.

the lack of any type of 'game breaker' offensive unit in this scenario is perhaps AoI's most unique feature. this is why conquest is so tough i s'pose.

mexico would be tough for certain but still worth a shot.

i look forward to any other type of report...

5. bogdanSUPERIUS

bogdanSUPERIUS Go Philly Go

Now I'm playing as Ottomans, it's very intresting most of my cities are over 20 and many close to 40.. Now I'm in 33th week of 1905 in war with German but now I'm quite strong so they not threat me anyhow.. Also some countries, Brazil, Mexico, Japan are in war with them.. Japan are in war with British Alliance.. Soon I'll start to conquere first Persia, then Romania, Serbia and Italy after that, if I'll sucseed, look out Austria-Hungary..

6. El Justo

El Justo Deity

bogdanSUPERIUS,

thanks for the report...i don't think we've had any Ottoman reports before either so keep 'em comin'!

7. Imperialist

Imperialist Subjugator

Hello, I am new to civfanatics (as this is my first post) and this scenario is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I dled it and tried to start it (through Civ-Content) but I get an error message saying:

Load Error
    Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt" ICON_BLDG_Stadium

Then the game exits.

I don't know if someone else has already encountered this problem and if a solution has been posted, but the 38 pages on this thread are rather daunting, so if you can help me out, then I would really appreciate it. Can't wait to play.

- Imperialist

8. El Justo

El Justo Deity

Imperialist,

okay...let's see

- the large DL folder needs to go in your "Scenarios" folder of C3C as well as the biq file
    - load AoI through the "Civ-Content" button

it should load right up.

let me know b/c you should be able to get it running

9. Imperialist

Imperialist Subjugator

Hey,

I did exactly as you said (although when I unzipped, there was only one file present, the AoI2.1 file, about 1,110kb) and then loaded it again through civ-content, and it didn't work again. (NB: I followed your instructions on your first post when I first tried.) The same error message came up. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

10. El Justo

El Justo Deity

Imperialist,

i see...it seems that you need to DL the large file also.

heres a link: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/scenarios/AoI.rar

this folder needs to be in the "Scenarios" folder of your main "Conquests" folder. the AoI2.1 (biq) file also needs to be in the same folder.

now, when you click "Civ-Content", it should work ;)

11. Imperialist

Imperialist Subjugator

It worked, thank you very much. Great scenario.

12. El Justo

El Justo Deity

13. krazydude

krazydude Prince

very nice scenario, i played with mexico, and altough it is not one of the "great powers" i enjoyed it a lot. i think the scenario is well balanced, fast and fun!

what else can we ask for? good job :)

14. El Justo

El Justo Deity

krazydude,

thanks. i'm glad that you enjoyed it.

i may update this scenario in the future. nothing significant. just some gfx additions that i'm waiting for to be made.

15. Aeon221

Aeon221 Lord of the Cheese Helmet

Played for a while with Brazil (again haha). Its hard to build up much of an army at first, but its easy to produce hospitals and workers, and then factories, and if you have about 30-40 workers it only takes a few turns to get multiple cities producing a rifleman a turn... and then it snowballs ;p

America went nuts and wiped out Central America. I have been careful to suck up to them and have used them to counterbalance the British (who were burned out of three or four Canadian cities).

No bugs! Looking good! Are you perhaps going to add in a few new ships?

16. El Justo

El Justo Deity

Aeon221,

nice ;)

yeah, the bugs have been exterminated. thank God.

one thing i remember about the latest update was that i assigned too many +HP to the "Early Destryoer" unit. i forget what the setting is but i do recall that it was too much.

as for new units, i hadn't thought of new ships but i'm waiting on a Gatling Gun unit that Hikaro Takayama is making.

17. Ciceronian

Ciceronian Latin Scholar

First of all, a late but hearty happy birthday El Justo! :bday: Thankyou for your industriousness and supplying us civfans with some great scenarios! :goodjob: I downloaded your scenario and started playing it, and I quite like it up to now. Loading time was bearable aswell. But somehow the number of different ressources struck me as slightly overdone and resulting in great confusion! The pedia entries also don't really make the picture clearer. I think it might be a good idea to remove a few resources. Geographical placement isn't bad but some discrepancies in Central Europe, i.e. Berlin lies on the Weichsel river were in fact Warsaw schould lie. Aside from that it's good, units are nicely balanced, the civs represent the political situation fairly accurately. Thanks for the scenario! :thanx:

18. bogdanSUPERIUS

bogdanSUPERIUS Go Philly Go

When I was conquering Romania, African Infantry was in defending of Bucharest.. Is it bug coz Serbia can buld also African Infantry?

19. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

For me it crashes on the third turn when I choose what to build next. No matter what I choose to build either.

20. El Justo

El Justo Deity

Ciceronian,

thanks for the b-day shout-out!

yes, the resources are a little overdone. i was going to change them in the last version but i did not. the map issues, too. maybe in a future update...