1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Loudspeaker

Loudspeaker Chieftain

Thanks a lot for replying. I always loved this scenario. :)

2. alex222

alex222 Chieftain

Vuldacon, thank you.
    Obviously I made some changes in my biq file and forgot about that later.
    This is my favourite scenario, I play it since 2007 and I thank you, El Justo and others who made it.
    I liked to change colors: due too many brown nations I set islamic green Filipino/Romanian for the Turks))
    I want to understand about ai player preferences of city defending. For example it's easy to capture Sofia of Balcans, but it is not so with Belgrade. This city is defended very very well. If Russians invade in A-H they do not even try co capture Krakow or Lemberg, they capture Troppau, because it is defended not so well.

3. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

alex222... Glad you like the Game... well the game settings and stats were placed by El Justo and I am certain he had a good reason for this as he is an Historian.There are Many Good games here and of course you can alter or set different settings as you like IF You know how.
    You could change the settings for Lemberg for example if you wish.
    Who Knows the reasons for what creators set up for games... guess we have to ask them :)
    Cannot Please Everyone so the Creators at lest please themselves.
    Note... El Justo is VERY Busy in Life with family and life and has not been here for quite some time. I am certain he cares very much about all of the work that has been done for this game and would be very Happy to hear you enjoy it.

I mainly did Graphics Work but El Justo had a Very Good Team base who helped throughout the development of the game. I take no credit for the Game play settings, only some of the Graphics and interactions with El Justo.

This Site is Great because we all can benefit from the work of others, enjoy what others have created as well as use their creations to make something else desired.
    Cool Site and I hope it lasts a VERY LONG TIME.. ROCK ON !

4. BomberPlane474

BomberPlane474 Chieftain

It's been forever since I've played this scenario, but I remembered it and downloaded it again... but now I get an error whenever I try to open it, saying something along the lines of "Error reading file: Missing entry in text/PediaIcons/ ICON_BLDG_THEATER" I vaguely remember this error from way back, and now I've completely forgotten how I originally fixed it. Anyone have a possible solution?

5. Vuldacon

BomberPlane474... If you are using the Steam edition of the Civ 3 game and it is crashing when playing mods,
    you may need to insert the line "Unknown" between the lines "PING" and "HOST" in labels.txt without Quotes.

6. BomberPlane474

BomberPlane474 Chieftain

Unfortunately, it seems that line is already there. Any other ideas? I also have the disc for Civ 3 Complete, but it gives the same error for both versions.

7. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

Check Pediaicons then and check if you have those files in mod folder. Its usually pretty easy to trace.

8. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

This is a common error in this scenario:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...4-deluxe-version.95741/page-373#post-13676349

(and some other posts in this thread)

Here is El Justo´s solution:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...4-deluxe-version.95741/page-373#post-13678498

Folder inside the folder problem

9. Vuldacon

From Civinator: Folder inside the folder problem

Yes, could also be this.

10. BomberPlane474

BomberPlane474 Chieftain

El Justo's solution worked! Thank you all for your help :goodjob:

11. amstg

amstg Chieftain

Is there any left link to download the mod file? :blush:

12. Civinator

13. Optimus_Slime

Optimus_Slime Chieftain

I started playing this great scenario again, and I have received an error message that forces the game to exit.

"FILE NOT FOUND

Art\Units\Belgian Cavalry\...\US Cavalry\Cavalry Default.fle"

Anyone know how to remedy this problem? I am playing with version 5.0.

14. Vuldacon

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  15. Optimus_Slime

Optimus_Slime Chieftain

Thank you! That fix worked. Now I can get back to my Portuguese world conquest. :)

16. Vuldacon

You are quite welcome. El Justo has not been here for quite a while now. I worked on the Game but he had made more changes that I did not know but at least I could help with a few things to have the Game Work.

17. Optimus_Slime

Optimus_Slime Chieftain

It's a great scenario. Definitely my favourite of all time.

I have applied the fixes for the Belgian cavalry, the Maschinengewehr 08, and the Panama Canal. All appear to be working. However, my game is now crashing for reasons that are unclear. The crash occurs right when I build a Portuguese colonial infantry. Clearly the unit itself is not a problem because I have been building them all game. I am not sure, but I think it may be that the game has reached the maximum unit limit. I am using the patch that I downloaded with the scenario, which claims to be a combined patch with no raze, no city limit, and no mua. Is it possible that the no mua part of the patch isn't working? I've heard that these combined patches can have glitches. Does the patch work with the Steam version of the game? Is there somewhere I can download just a no maximum unit limit patch so that I can try that on its own? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  18. Vuldacon

Optimus_Slime... Try deleting one unit then build the Portuguese Colonial Infantry. If the game does not crash, it is probably the Unit Limit causing the problem.
    You could also try building any other Unit without deleting a Unit.. Then if the Game still crashes, again, it is probably the Unit limit.

The patch may be a problem due to the Steam Version... not sure.

Civinator may know more about this situation and perhaps he can help.

19. Civinator

Optimus_Slime, unfortunately here I cannot help directly, as I never had any problems in my mods and scenarios with the 8.192 units limit. The part of the 'combination patches' that is defenitely not working well, is the no-city-limit part. It soon runs into massive memory problems and the last version of that combi-patch about the no-city-limit was tested by me in the CCM2 thread short time ago. I never did a test about the 8192 units limit with that patch.

May be you can post a save file, so we can have a look on it.

20. Optimus_Slime

Optimus_Slime Chieftain

Thanks for the responses. I switched up production in a few cities so that the order of unit production would change. However, the game still crashes at the same point, so I think it might not be the unit cap. It always crashes on the city of Cape Town. I'm not sure whether there's something I'm not seeing in the vicinity of the city that is triggering the crash or if it's something about the city itself. I just recently unlocked the Great War tech. I know that this tech allows for some special local buildings to be built in different parts of the world. Is there perhaps some kind of British South Africa building centred on Cape Town that could be causing this? Is there anything special about that city / region?

Edit: I don't think it's a problem with Cape Town. I abandoned the city, and the game then crashed on a different city. I also don't think it's the unit cap because I disbanded my entire navy and the game still crashed at the same point.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019