1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

:yup: Units with the king flag are the last defenders in a stack. Exceptions: When all other units in the stack have no defense value (workers) or if the unit with the king flag is one of the valid targets for a stealth attack to that stack.

2. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

3. revirii

revirii Chieftain

Well, finished the game with the Ottoman Empire...

Time:

Some remarks to the Ottoman Empire... Avoid early wars. Build infrastructure in the beginning, and if you do that properly, you shouldn't have any problems regarding money and research. Your capital can be a beast in production: with focus in production you should be able to build most of the wonders within 2 turns; and with several world wonders (especially those with 'First ever...' and 'Great invention...' bonus), thus being ahead in research, a couple of wonders that increase shields in the sea (Int. Tobacco+Tea trade, Transoceanic Radio Signal) and all the city improvements you should be able to reach 1000 shields in the end (well, you don't need that much, the most expensive unit is the latest machine gun unit which costs 900 shields). Only Athens should be able to outperform that, as the 'Port of Piraeus' wonder gives 1 shield per water tile, + Int Wine/Tobacco Trade + Transoceanic Radio Signal (if you manage to get those, as the Balcan Nations only have 4 cities -> research will be the problem here).

Thx to El Justo and all the other ones, still having lots of fun... although the turns get longer and longer in the end. Let's see which nation could be next... British Empire? Mexiko again? Japan? :mischief: :)

4. revirii

revirii Chieftain

Well, as there's not much to do at the moment :mischief: i started a game with the Balcan Nations. Looks like a poor position in the beginning, but by following the same "rules" like for the Ottoman Empire one can establish a solid base for the upcoming expansion. But your opponents are tough, even Romania with its one city: expect a dozen defenders... :undecide: The Ottoman Empire is even tougher, but when moving forward city by city, with artillery and some ships... :cool:

It's turn 123 now, Bukharest and the 5 continental ottoman cities are taken. The 'The Great War' tech could be reached in 12 turns, but i want to delay it a bit to be build more cheap infantry. And, as i said, Athens can be a nice city as well:

5. revirii

revirii Chieftain

Noticed a (civilopedia?) error regarding the Maxim MG Btln export unit: when opening the civilopedia entry from within the city screen the wrong entry is linked - it links to the Maxim MG Btln Boer:

First i didn't notice the wrong title and always wondered "hey, the entry says 400 shields, but it costs 600... wtf?", but then i saw it was the wrong civilopedia entry.

6. revirii

revirii Chieftain

Very strange... in one city i did a little gold rush to the 'saw mill' building, which costs 300 shields. Then i wanted to switch to the university (350 shields), but then the domestic advisor says that i'd waste 30 shields. uhm... what?

Is the civ entry for the saw mill wrong? Or for the university? Same message for 'steel plant', 350 shields as well...

edith... when switching to factory (200 shields) 12 shields would be wasted -> i have 212 shiels now. i have a production of 33 shields and 10 civil engineers -> 20 shields --> 53 shields per turn. 2 turns for saw mill, 3 turns for university. only when using cash to buy the saw mill and switching to university, this happens. strange.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  7. revirii

revirii Chieftain

LOL? In a different city (Troppau) it looks normal.

But in the city of Lemberg its wrong. Strange. Do i miss something?

8. revirii

revirii Chieftain

Haha... it's Elvis Day, and all the raw materials look like Elvis. Ok, nothing new... But: there are the 2 US BB Contract units with the 'king' flag (which become the Mississippi Class BB) - and they look like the King as well! And the king is able to walk on water! Jesus!

Do all units with the king flag turn into Elvis today? Seems so... from the game with the Ottoman Empire:

9. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

:yup: Yes, they do - but only today.

10. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

You can set the Date to an earlier Date on your Computer then Play. Just Reset the Correct Date After Playing.

11. revirii

revirii Chieftain

Hmm... the civilopedia entry for the Greek Evzone Infantry says that this unit ignores costs for certain terrain like hills:

Well... moved with such a unit onto a hill, with 2 movement points, and movement ended there. Well... forgot a flag maybe? :mischief:

12. revirii

revirii Chieftain

btw.: is there any way of automating the cashing-in of the raw materials? when capturing hundreds of them this takes looooong... :lol:

13. Twind

Twind Chieftain

How do I download this scenario?