1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. El Justo

El Justo Deity

hmm...i'll have to look at this. thanks for pointing it out.

2. El Justo

El Justo Deity

i've never seen this before. an error message would be helpful :D

3. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

There is no error message it just crashes

4. El Justo

El Justo Deity

i don't know what the specific error is but i've encountered this before (black screen-o-death).

have you tried to load the autosave? i've done this in the past (not w/ this scenario though) and it's worked or gotten past the error.

5. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

Nope I tired that did'nt work same problem.

6. El Justo

El Justo Deity

i don't know then. i'm sorry...you are the only one to encounter this error so i'm not sure.

7. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

I'll try a nation othe than Germany then and see what happenes.

8. El Justo

El Justo Deity

germany should work but i guess it wouldn't hurt to try another.

9. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

It crashes whenevr i choose temples in the build order list. There appears to be some sort of proble with that.

10. El Justo

El Justo Deity

i have no clue what your issues are...are you missing Civ3Conquests gfx or something? i say this b/c you are the only one to experience such problems.

11. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

C3C is fine and I have it patched to 1.22. I'll post a save right before it happens and you can check it out.

12. El Justo

El Justo Deity

alright. i'm curious as to why this is happening to you...

13. votre_chevalier

votre_chevalier Chieftain

Hey, I've played 2.1 as the US on Sid twice now and both times the game froze on the turn i would've finished researching Ocean Cultivation. Both times i've completely taken Mexico - maybe that has something to do with it too. Help!

14. Sahandrian

Sahandrian Chieftain

I apologize if this is really stupid, but I'm not very good with computers. I downloaded the game file and unzipped it as you said, then tried to load it and got an error. I hypothesized it might have something to do with the "biq" file you mentioned, but I couldn't find it where it was supposed to be. Here was the error I got:

Load Error

ERROR READING FILE

Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Stadium

The game will now exit.

I encountered a similar error trying to load a different scenario from the site, so I suspect the problems are the same, but I'm not much of a troubleshooter on computers. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

15. El Justo

El Justo Deity

votre chevalier,

i'm not sure what your error is or why it occurs...have you tried to re-load it?

16. El Justo

El Justo Deity

Sahandrian,

do you have the AoI folder in your "Scenarios" folder the conquests folder?

the biq file belongs there also....

click on "Civ Content" and load it up!

17. Metacomet

Metacomet King

El Justo,

Hi again I’m been really busy with my family and my job, that means no time to play with your great scenarios but I tried to be on the loop reading the forums.

I’m been playing with Mexico and you need to put a city in the Gulf of Mexico, I recommend one city in the South of Mexico City. I think Veracruz is the best choice is the most important port in the Caribbean for Mexico.

You need to place the Mexican oil in a realistic place, like close of the new city of Veracruz:

Explorers drilled Mexico's first petroleum well in 1869. Commercial production of crude oil began in 1901. By 1910 prospectors had begun to define the Panuco-Ebano and Faja de Oro fields located near the central Gulf of Mexico coast town of Tuxpán.

I’ll try to give some more feedback.

18. Sahandrian

Sahandrian Chieftain

El Justo -

I moved stuff all around to make sure it was in the right place and it turned out it was in the first place. I tried to enter from Civ-Content and got the same error message as before. I have both the zip file and the biq file in a folder I created since one didn't generate for the scenario. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I'm trying to give any remotely pertinent details since I don't really know what sorts of forces are at work here. Is there something else it might be or is something still wrong with the way I have things set up? :confused:

19. El Justo

El Justo Deity

okay...you've 'unzipped' the files? they definitely need to be uncompressed.

this is the path that you should use to get it running:

Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios/ -the AoI folder & biq file here -

it seems the game is looking for the Text folder (in the AoI folder) and can't find it. it should be inside the large AoI folder.

it is important to remember that the biq file tells the game to look for them in this spot only (Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios/ -the AoI folder & biq file here -). i did this so you don't have to clog up your regular civ folders. most scenarios run like this as well.

let me know if you get it going...b/c you ought to not experience those problems :D

20. silver69

silver69 Chieftain

Hi All,

1st post here but been reading many threads and trying some of the great mods made here! I'm having the same problems as Sahandrian trying to launch your AoI scenario....

The only things i have in your downlaod are leaderhead pics and no other files like the pediathing.... i tried downlowding it many times last night but same result! and i get the same error message as Sahandrian!

Thanks for your help and i really can't wait to try this!!!!

cheers

Silver69

edit: all i have in unzipped AoI folder is Art folder with Advisors folder with pixs in it.....