SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Dunedein said:
Okay, so, tell me if I understand this correctly. In version 3.0, the game will go to 1918, therefore encompasing WW1?

Yep, it goes from 1895-1918 IIRC.

Sweeeet, so I assume there are many more turns?

22 August update

well, RL has reared its ugly head the last days and i had to deal w/ a bunch of stuff which pretty much sapped my will to do anything much less anything to do w/ civ3. however, things will improve soon i hope.

anyhow - Kly's player's guide, as usual, is top notch. i know some may think it's a little premature to release such a document. however, it is one of the finishing touches i think and it is superb and should give a great deal on insight into the mechanics of several positions. so on that note, there is very little left to do outside of touching up the CivP file (nothing actually). i have finished updating the misc art files which i hope to have onto a new upload once the CivP file is completed (which will hopefully be the final time for an upload before release).

w/ the help of savas_cafe, we were able to add in 160-some 'phony wonders' (PW). these 'phony wonders' serve a few purposes. the first and foremost is to prevent the AI from razing a city which has one of the 'phony wonders' pre-placed in it. i'm pleased to report that this has reduced AI razing dramatically. now, it's not like every single city on the map has a PW. however, most of Russia has them and almost all of mainland Europe, Canada, Central America, and the US. we also went through the painstaking process of giving the PWs names. for example, the PW for Athens is the "Acropolis of Athens" and it boosts tax output by 50%. other PWs grant some defensive bonuses (in Russia primarily). some spawn 'raw material' units (Australia and Canada to be precise). and finally, some autopro' worker units. all in all, the PWs add another layer of depth as well as a safeguard against the annoying AI habit of razing cities. a special thanks to Rocoteh for this great breakthrough. it was he who introduced this method in WW2 Global :goodjob: also, CivP entries for all of them have been completed. this was a brutal task to say the least. now i know why i pawn this task off :mischief:

unfortunately, there's no real date for release yet. it's close though. hang in there. i promise that this is my best work yet. it is a step above TCW (w/out a doubt in my mind).

@ Little Corporal: I think I posted a few screenshots of my "interference" as Spain in South America.... (I conquered almost all of it) check page 82. there's Pictures of Mexico, Peru, Argentina and the like.

ElJusto I'm glad you decided to change the "Raw Materials" properties. Some outposts in the Pacific made it stressful to produce infantry every twenty turns.

hi Little Corporal. below is a shot of Mexico while playing a test run as France in DEBUG mode.

and yeah Alex, freeing up those flag units like that has been better. however, the AI still has a tendency to 'secure' them first before shipping out. i still think it'll benefit the human player though as he/she won't have to worry about generating units just to ship the 'raw materials' back home.

general update ~ 25 August
i've begun a test run w/ France in what i hope may be my last test for v3.0. i've noticed some weird things happening. Russia, w/ her adjusted infantry stats and costs, has overrun the continent by almost wiping out Germany and has now sent a few stacks after the Austrians. i may have to adjust (bump up) the shield costs for the Russian units b/c it's overwhelming imo.

Russia, w/ her adjusted infantry stats and costs, has overrun the continent by almost wiping out Germany and has now sent a few stacks after the Austrians. i may have to adjust (bump up) the shield costs for the Russian units b/c it's overwhelming imo.

You'd best make sure you're not next on the menu, if Russia has a clear path to your cities. On the other hand, a human playing Germany probably would be able to deal with the Russians much more efficiently, especially with artillery.

And, everything sounds great, El Justo. Still waiting with high expectations for this!

Little Corporal said:
Thanks for the screenie El Justo! One more question, is Hispanola still around or did you get rid of it?

Hispaniola is still a civ, they are a good play too.

Good, for some reason I thought I saw a post where they got removed. I'll probably play my first game of the new version as them, so they're pretty important to me.

there's lots and lots of screen shots of the world map prime900. just check back over the last few pages of the thread and you'll see a few :)

anyhow - i'm in the process of editing the first few posts of the thread in anticipation of the release. the purpose is to give players a real taste of what to expect and to give some in-depth info on the game mechanics, etc. it is comparableto the format i used in the TCW thread. check it out when you get a chance!

Top Bottom