SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism II- 1923-1953

I have no preference, both are fine. I merely wanted to say it will change the "historical aspects" that you guys were going for. I think it will help Germany, especially at higher levels, where getting into so many wars at once can be painful. Humans can use the alliance to drag them into wars with others as you guys did to some civs in your SG.

Anyway it is not hard for users to make that change, if they want to try it.

anyone care to help me install this, im a little :confused: on how to, i really like to try this out. sound really great, thanks in advance

i read them followed them extract it in to CivIII folder, i have complete, so i put in the 1st scenarios folder, replace the .exe, did the patch, but when i started the game i couldn't seem to get it start because i couldn't find the file.

btw i used the all parts download, if that helps any

Back a few pages I think someone put in the correct folder names for complete. They are slightly different than C3C. What file cold it not find? A screen shot would make it clear.

May as well post some screens of the folders where the AoI is located and the BIQ.

it not that the game couldn't find a file, it was that i couldn't find how to start it, when i start the game i look in the conquest folder because i thought it may be in that didn't see nothing.

Spoiler :

but there a screenshot of the folder, BIQ? im not sure what that is

The screenie shows that you have put the files into the Scenarios folder of Civ3 (Vanilla).
Now just move the Mod folder and the two biq into Conquests/Scenarios and you got it.;)

Yup that is the case. You should have 9 biq files there already for things like Rise Of Rome and Fall of Rome.

OK so I have downloaded ALL this stuff, but I cant find any of the ini files, or the Art./text/units folders all I have is the 2 Maps (Huge and Small) and all 6 of the .rar. files so, am I just missing a major download link or is my computer turning blind, or what?

Okay, I downloaded the full RAR and decompressed it. No biq file. Where is it hiding?

Also, I find myself with three more RAR files, a read me on how to install this beast would be a great help.

Addendum: Allow settlers and dump the no raze patch. (Messing with core files give me the willies.)

On the very first page, under my subscription, Adler, you find the AoI II 1.1 rar file, which includes the biq. In the next post there is this installation guide:

Installation:

1. DL the 6 AoI II scenario folders. And sorry, yes, all of the 800 MB!
2. Extract the file to your Conquest folder of CivIII Conquest. Alternatively you can extract it into the scenario folder, but then it seems to be a little slowly. If you have Civ III Complete, you should extract it to that folder the scenarios are in.
3. Make a copy of your old civ III conquest.exe.
4. Replace it with the one I have introduced in the AoI II scenario folder. It stop razing cities, which is HIGHLY recommended. Also you can play now civ III without CD! But do so only, if you have a legal copy! If you use civ III complete you have to use the patch included in the folder, too. Then you have to use your CD.
5. DL and extract the scenario files to the location you have installed the AoI II scenario folder.
6. DL the ini files of post #284 and #292 of this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...299445&page=15 Replace the inis in the unit folders of AoI II/arts/units. Replace the pediaicons.txt in the AoI II/text folder.

I hope that helps.

Adler

Shouldn't that be "infantrydeath"? (Yes, the Mac is a fussy beast)

Loved the music BTW

Attachments

• misspelling 1.png
    misspelling 1.png
    332.9 KB · Views: 416
Because Settlers mess up the game, The AI will colonize the Arctic, and other places like that.

Then make settlers expensive, both in shields and pop, and forbid settling certain terrains; tundra and forested tundra for example.

One scenario using the Balancer Reloaded rules restricts settlements to one type of terrain BTW

@ Adler;

Can I make a suggestion,
I've noticed that there are tons of Destroyers and Torpedo Boats,
In the Next Version (If there is one of Course)
Could you cut down on the number of DDS and TBS? Its absolutely annoying moving them all around to where they need to go.
I usually just disband a good portion of them which takes forever. Also it could make the turns go alot faster if you did this.

@ Myth
Still it's unrealistic.

Um How does it Ruin gameplay? When you can just install the No Raze patch.. and no cities will get Razed?

Top Bottom