1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism II- 1923-1953

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Adler17, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Jarovid

Jarovid Prince

Great scenario and I enjoy playing it.

However, every ten turns or so OS (Windows 7) is giving message that program has stopped working. I can advance in the game by constantly saving and loading saved file each time the game crushes, but this is not the way to play any game, so I would appreciate any info on how to solve this issue.

2. Adler17

Adler17 Prussian Feldmarschall

No idea. I have Win 7 running myself. Although once or twice after 30+ turns I had crashes. But no other problems.

3. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

This happens to me occasionally - regardless of which scenario I'm playing. It's not consistent enough for troubleshooting. But it seems to be connected to a conflict with other (self-opening) apps.

4. Jarovid

Jarovid Prince

Thank you, Blue Monkey.

Yes, it had happened to me couple of times in the past, but with this mod it is happening on a regular basis, so if I want to play 50 turns, three or four crashes are guaranteed. That's why I was hoping there is a solution for this problem.

5. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

Perhaps it's the same issue as I have got with Tony's 1989 mod : it's too large
    I can start a game or load a game if I don't have started anything else in the c3c session. If I have already played for some time/or started another session I can't load without restarting c3c or the game stops working. Might be an issue of memory leakage?

6. Jarovid

Jarovid Prince

Well, I am not enough of a technical person to judge on the stuff like this , but 1989 mod works fine for me.

7. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

Giving it a second thought memory leakage does not explain the first crash to start with....
    Did you check if some music track is corrupted?

8. Jarovid

Jarovid Prince

Samez thank you for your effort.

In Sounds/Build I found two corrupted tracks, 00 and dummy. I replaced 00 with another track and deleted dummy. This, however, did not help. Game stoped working after couple of turns again.

9. Thrust123

Thrust123 Prince

Currently with AOI I but really looking forward to this one. A WWII on a manageable size world map at last !

10. Thrust123

Thrust123 Prince

This is my first impressions opinion as a player. Not a criticism. I know as a modder myself how much work and effort it takes to make a mod, especially one like this one here which must have taken months.
    Started playing as the USA (America) and was just totally overwhelmelmed by the sheer amount of Naval units. Historically it is beatiful to have probably all of the real named ships present at the time, but really, as a player it makes the game a micromanagement nightmare. Just moving all those ships around... Personally I would prefer a reduced versions for the sake of the principle of Playability, which means for me it's worth not having every single ship present so as to make the game more playable. Something like having say 1 destroyer in the game per every 10 destroyers historically present. When reduced the number of units this way for all countries the same force game balance would remain. Just saying.