SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism II- 1923-1953

Great scenario and I enjoy playing it.

However, every ten turns or so OS (Windows 7) is giving message that program has stopped working. I can advance in the game by constantly saving and loading saved file each time the game crushes, but this is not the way to play any game, so I would appreciate any info on how to solve this issue.

However, every ten turns or so OS (Windows 7) is giving message that program has stopped working. I can advance in the game by constantly saving and loading saved file each time the game crushes, but this is not the way to play any game, so I would appreciate any info on how to solve this issue.
This happens to me occasionally - regardless of which scenario I'm playing. It's not consistent enough for troubleshooting. But it seems to be connected to a conflict with other (self-opening) apps.

Thank you, Blue Monkey.

Yes, it had happened to me couple of times in the past, but with this mod it is happening on a regular basis, so if I want to play 50 turns, three or four crashes are guaranteed. That's why I was hoping there is a solution for this problem.

Perhaps it's the same issue as I have got with Tony's 1989 mod : it's too large
I can start a game or load a game if I don't have started anything else in the c3c session. If I have already played for some time/or started another session I can't load without restarting c3c or the game stops working. Might be an issue of memory leakage?

Well, I am not enough of a technical person to judge on the stuff like this , but 1989 mod works fine for me.

Giving it a second thought memory leakage does not explain the first crash to start with....
Did you check if some music track is corrupted?

Samez thank you for your effort.

In Sounds/Build I found two corrupted tracks, 00 and dummy. I replaced 00 with another track and deleted dummy. This, however, did not help. Game stoped working after couple of turns again.

This is my first impressions opinion as a player. Not a criticism. I know as a modder myself how much work and effort it takes to make a mod, especially one like this one here which must have taken months.
Started playing as the USA (America) and was just totally overwhelmelmed by the sheer amount of Naval units. Historically it is beatiful to have probably all of the real named ships present at the time, but really, as a player it makes the game a micromanagement nightmare. Just moving all those ships around... Personally I would prefer a reduced versions for the sake of the principle of Playability, which means for me it's worth not having every single ship present so as to make the game more playable. Something like having say 1 destroyer in the game per every 10 destroyers historically present. When reduced the number of units this way for all countries the same force game balance would remain. Just saying.

I love the sound folder time period music, but I believe it causes crashes. I disabled it and the music text and no more crashes.

Thank you Tigris of Gaul. I would be grateful if anyone could post 'instructions for dummies' on how to disable music.

I would guess you can just go to Preferences and turn music all the way to the left, can't recall if there is an off.

Thank you Tigris of Gaul. I would be grateful if anyone could post 'instructions for dummies' on how to disable music.

Simply rename the folder sounds in that scenario to sounds 1 (or something like that) and the music text file in the text folder to music1 (or something like that).

Made a very small update and removed Carribean States and Tibet from the list of available players. They owned no cities on the map so it makes no sense playing as them. No other changes were applied.

Attachments

• AoI II 1.2.1.zip
    576.6 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom