[Scenario] America / Europe 1936

you can post it, yes, at worst it will effectively show nothing, at best it will help to fix the problem :D

Hei TCommander!

I really like the '36 scenarios a lot. But in the last versions it crashes incredibly often. Some things seem to be caused by special activities, like, eeehm, lets say capture Paris. So for me sometimes it worked to play a few douzens of turns more by just skipping to conquer Paris and turn off scripted events. So if I know what causes crash i could avoid this and discover other issues when going on. I know it's alpha, but perhaps you can give us an overview of existing bugs and what you are going to fix. Special interest in Earth/Europe map!

Hei TCommander!

I really like the '36 scenarios a lot. But in the last versions it crashes incredibly often. Some things seem to be caused by special activities, like, eeehm, lets say capture Paris. So for me sometimes it worked to play a few douzens of turns more by just skipping to conquer Paris and turn off scripted events. So if I know what causes crash i could avoid this and discover other issues when going on. I know it's alpha, but perhaps you can give us an overview of existing bugs and what you are going to fix. Special interest in Earth/Europe map!

Thanks for the info, my civilization is broken so I can't test :( it so I honestly havn't even tried the new patches. I'm not sure what is causing it but would it help if I put these bugs that you guys are reporting in the OP?

what's broken ?

I think he means civ crashes.

Considering I got a vastly better pc since I last played this scenario, could someone update my old memory on whats in it or not for that matter in the current v.39 ? :)

Am planning to give it a try sometime during the weekend, since I feel most ppl seem to have crashes due to their lack of pc power (considering I've never had even a convoy crash in other scenarios) which shouldnt hold me back anymore :)

No, it's definitely not a lack of power; convoys are a little clunky. With a Japanese held Narvik, the Convoy for Germany may spawn in Swedish mountains. The game crashes.

IMO, the convoy system needs redoing:
1) No automatic pathing
2) Convoys should belong to the owner of the city spawning it.
3) They should function more as the trade caravans

I was talking in regard to the 1939 scenario, where I never had any kinds of mod related crashes since my first pc upgrade around version .32 or whatever. Considering that ppl still have issues with that map while I've never had any, I must put it down to hardware or software specs of said ppl.

And since I've upgraded once again and this map being even more intensive than the 1939 one, Im hoping that I will the be lucky one again ;) Which is also why I primarily requested an updated on what this scenario contains in regards to events and projects etc etc :)

Can someone tell me what aircraft carriers are used for, since I can't load AIRCRAFT on them???
Playing as America, how am I to get planes to Europe?

More detail on this problem:
Although the Yorktown-class carrier shows 3 slots for aircraft on the city build screen, selecting the actual unit (once it's built) mentions nothing about slots for aircraft. I've built 2 B-17s and a P-36 and none of them are able to rebase to the carrier (regardless of whether it's in port - with a harbor - or not). The orange rebase circle never appears around the carrier. Any suggestions?

Save attached, and any help would be really appreciated. This is a great mod, and I've played thru the 1939 scenario a couple of times with no problems whatsoever. But this apparent bug makes America unplayable in this scenario. I'm using v.44 of the mod and v.5 of the data files.

Got upload error (exceeded allowable file size) for save, so here is the .zip file.

Attachments

• Franklin Roosevelt - Turn 49 - November 10, 1937.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 227
Top Bottom