SCENARIO: American Civil War - C3C only

I think the fact that everybody has experienced that the AI behaviour, both with respect to exploration and war, changes when the AI gets more map info - especially if they have tried to balance a scenario. Even such simple algorithms as pathfinding are dependent on map information. This is why the AI values maps so highly in negotiations! ;) I think the main question is how much effort it would take to optimize the visible map areas to get the desired response...

Greetings,
I have the Civ 3 complete set, and when I dl the game, then tried to load it up, I got a :Error Reading File: Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_CAPITAL.
What's up?

The ACWC3C folder must be placed inside the CIVIII / Conquests / Scenarios folder. What is happening when you get that error is that it cannot find the appropriate references in the Pediaicons.txt file.

Sometimes when people extract a ZIP file they don't maintain the original directory structure. You should check that when you extracted the ZIP file that there is a single ACWC3C folder present.

The other possibility is that you only downloaded the scenario files without the art files. There are two separate downloads required; one for the BIQ files, and one for the art files.

I hope that helps.
Misfit

Greetings,
Same ole problem. I dl both zip files into the conquest\scenario directory. I then unzip the files. Then I move the biq files into the conquest\scenario directory. My question is where are the art files suppose to be located? Also, I have the civ3 complete set, ie contains civ3, PTW and conquest. Could this be a problem. I appreciate your help, especially when you are replying at 5 in the morning. By the way, I am new to this thread so I am somewhat as a computer ******. Most Thanks!

Hi, people.

Sorry about dissappearing into thin air back in Januar. I had a very busy spell at uni back then, and then I've not been feeling well, either physically or psychically. My doctor still hasn't found out what's wrong with me. It looks like I'm going to have to take a break in my studies till the situation is back under control.

Anyway. I wanted you to know I'm still alive, if not well. I don't see myself taking any active part in the ACW project in the near future; indeed, I'm finding it hard to concentrate on any intellectual task such as civ-playing (or maths; my grades are currently going to hell).

divinci420 said:
Greetings,
Same ole problem. I dl both zip files into the conquest\scenario directory. I then unzip the files. Then I move the biq files into the conquest\scenario directory. My question is where are the art files suppose to be located? Also, I have the civ3 complete set, ie contains civ3, PTW and conquest. Could this be a problem. I appreciate your help, especially when you are replying at 5 in the morning. By the way, I am new to this thread so I am somewhat as a computer ******. Most Thanks!

divinci420:

The art files (by which I'm assuming you mean the ACWC3C folder) goes into the CIV3 / Conquests / Scenarios directory.

The BIQ files are stored loose in the CIV3 / Conquests / Scenarios directory.

You then launch the scenario by selecting the CIV-Content option from the main game screen.

I hope that helps.

Misfit

The Last Conformist said:
Hi, people.

Sorry about dissappearing into thin air back in Januar. I had a very busy spell at uni back then, and then I've not been feeling well, either physically or psychically. My doctor still hasn't found out what's wrong with me. It looks like I'm going to have to take a break in my studies till the situation is back under control.

Anyway. I wanted you to know I'm still alive, if not well. I don't see myself taking any active part in the ACW project in the near future; indeed, I'm finding it hard to concentrate on any intellectual task such as civ-playing (or maths; my grades are currently going to hell).

TLC:

I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope that the doctors can find something that will work with you.

Get well so that your studies can continue.

Take care my friend.

Misfit

I've known several people with that particular affliction. Medication can make a very big difference in your life.

Best wishes on your recovery.

Misfit

OK, I have gotten the files again. Thought they where updated. The art files it seems are still version 4.0 though, while scenario files are 4.7 I believe.

Anyway, my problem is that I still have the 1 regiment ARMY unit. I load ONE unit and it gives me 20+ hitpoints. This is all good, but I thought the Army (Corps, in game) was supposed to be a 3 unit UNIT.

The link to dl the art files at the head of the thread is broken...
Is there something I'm missing to play the game?

Misfit_travel said:
There are 6 variants of the scenario available for human vs. AI play.
:confused: I assumed this is no longer true and has been changed with recent versions.

There are two CSA BIQ files: "CSA" and "CSA FtMonroe". What is the difference between them?

In the CSA FtMonroe version, Ft Monroe has a land connection to the peninsula (eastern Maryland+Delaware), meaning that i) the Union can more easily reinforce it and ii) whoever controls it has total control of passage between Chesaspeake Bay and the Atlantic.

I have taken a quick look at this scenario and I Like it, Ft. Sumter would be a nice addition but otherwise a great scenario

Top Bottom