SCENARIO: American Civil War Full-Release Version

Did you enjoy playing this scenario?

• Yes, this is one of the best ever, please send it to Firaxis.

Votes: 62 39.5%
  • Yes, this scenario is well-made.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Yes, but improvements could be made.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I cannot vote at this time.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • No, I didn't really like it.

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
I would call myself somewhat of a civil war buff.

I've played your map and here are some of my suggestions:

The Native Americans were majorally on the Confederate Side. I believe that there were seven indian states acually added to the government (could be more... I dont think it was any less). These were deemed as independant states, meaning they had their senate representation for each state in the house and they were basicly... regular states like Georgia or Virginia. So why not add Indian infantry to Oklahoma?

I'm not quite sure why you put Nashville as a more important city over Atlanta for the short game. Atlanta was one of the major industrial cities of the South at the time.

At the time, America was comprised as a confederacy for both sides. The Union just had a more federal control over the states, as the Confederacy had a higher power to the states. The total objective of the Civil War was the states. In your map you have two sides... the Union and the Confederacy. Why not break that down into all of the states?

I had more, but I cant think of them now =x

I can't play this. It stops at 76% and says Civilization3X.exe has done a fatal error and will now close. Help?

Chunky Kong said:
I can't play this. It stops at 76% and says Civilization3X.exe has done a fatal error and will now close. Help?

The good ol' 76% error... Well, first you have to start up Civ and load a savegame. Then you have to go to the menu and select "New game", which takes you back to the game start screen. Then you have to change the text files from the regular game files to the ACW files, and NOW you can select Load Scenario and start the game. You also have to do the file switcheroo every time you want to load an ACW savegame.

AlternativeGen said:
Horse Artillary should be eliminated, as any other kind of Artillary in the ACW scenario would also be pulled by horses, would travel as quickly.....

The difference between Horse Artillery and normal artillery is that Horse Artillery is comprised of lighter pieces, specifically designed to accompany the fast-moving cavalry. Normal artillery was heavier poundage and thus slower.

Zurkiba said:

The Native Americans were majorally on the Confederate Side. I believe that there were seven indian states acually added to the government (could be more... I dont think it was any less). These were deemed as independant states, meaning they had their senate representation for each state in the house and they were basicly... regular states like Georgia or Virginia. So why not add Indian infantry to Oklahoma?

I'm not quite sure why you put Nashville as a more important city over Atlanta for the short game. Atlanta was one of the major industrial cities of the South at the time.

At the time, America was comprised as a confederacy for both sides. The Union just had a more federal control over the states, as the Confederacy had a higher power to the states. The total objective of the Civil War was the states. In your map you have two sides... the Union and the Confederacy. Why not break that down into all of the states?

Interesting idea. How strong would you make the Indian infantry and where would you suggest we put it?

Misfit

Misfit_travel said:
Interesting idea. How strong would you make the Indian infantry and where would you suggest we put it?

Misfit
A matter on the unit... you should have atleast three 'ranks' which come with the technology.

After all, the Native Americans were the last Politicians to surrender the government. And the Last General to surrender to the Union was a Native American

Zurkiba said:

Zurkiba,

When CSA lost Tennessee it also lost a great part of
its industrial capacity:
50% of lead production, 50% of iron ore,
60% of pig iron and 90% of copper production.
Thus I think Nashville as an very important city is relevant.

Rocoteh

Greetings,
I am new to forum and there are a few things I want to know. Can this scenario be played with vanilla Civ 3, cause I have downloaded this game but keep getting an scenario corrupted error, so I am denied. Actually, this has happed to to all the scenarios I have tried to play. By the way, I have V29

I followed the instructions, yet had trouble with getting he game to work properly after installation. When putting the new text an art folders in the data folder. I could not get the game to open properly.

This thread is for Procifica's American Civil War scenario. He never released a Conquests version of the his ACW scenario. If you are playing with CIV3 Conquests, please click on the link in my sig. It will take you to a related thread, which will allow you to download a version that can be played with Conquest (only).

I support that version.

I'm sorry but I cannot support Procifica's version of the scenario. He's been gone a long time now......

Cheers
Misfit

Yes, my cousin is on the rampage again, he wants it easier, and I want the scenario harder. Any alterations on the difficulty setting possible with upcoming patches?

TLC: if it was done a long time ago, then that explains why I asked for it. I couldn't (and didn't want to search) for it. Any updates on that recently?

With the pending release of CivIV, I can't see any more effort being put into this. Once we've had a look at the new game engine in CivIV, who knows? maybe another Civil War scenario will get built using that version.

Misfit

This is a great scenario, I really hope that the team gets back together and puts out a Civ IV version (though I do wonder how well that would work out, what with the new combat system).

Given CIV IV really has something new to offer I will
consider to return to this scenario and work on a new version,
or a ACW-scenario that is stand-alone from this one.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom