Scenario Creation Team

Procifica

ACW Scenario Creator
I'm looking at forming a Scenario Creation Team, for the purpose of developing high-quality accurate historical scenarios.

Currently the team consists of myself, Rocoteh, Yoda Power, Plexus and Sir John. Updated 8/24/03

Current project of the team is the American Civil War Scenario, better known as ACW. This is pretty much a completed project, though improvements will be on-going and there probably will be a Conquests version of the scenario, to take advantage of the improvements it will bring to the Scenario Editor.

Future project of the team currently is the Ultimate WWII Scenario, which probably will be known as UWS.

Other projects of the team have yet to be determined, and is open to debate. Personally, I wouldn't mind doing World War I at a future date, and maybe the Franco-Prussian War (1870-71) or the Napoleonic Wars period. The American War of Independence is another good potential scenario.

If you'd like to join the team, please send a PM to myself or Rocoteh.

Members of the team do not necessarily have to work or contribute to every project of the team. I realize interest in ACW for example is not that high, while interest in the Ultimate WWII Scenario probably will be very high once Conquests is released and work is started on it.

A critical need at the moment though is unit creators and graphic creators, as even people which I feel might join the team, far as I know, are not experts in these areas. ACW certainly could use a boost in unique unit graphics.

Any contribution to ACW or the Ultimate World War II scenario projects are welcome, no matter how large or small. Playtesters are also currently needed for ACW, for those who are interested in joining the scenario creation team in such a capacity.

If you lack historical knowledge, that is fine, as Rocoteh and I can provide probably any information that might be needed.

Again, anyone interested in joining please send a PM to Rocoteh or myself.

I just want to add that I have made some work on a
WW3 scenario that also if it will be completed will be
a joint project.

Rocoteh

Originally posted by Steph
IF you want to make a 17th to 18th century scenario in Europe, or a American colonization scenario, I think I know where to find unit graphics :D

Yes. In fact I think The American War of Independence
could be really interesting, since I think its incredible
that Britain managed to lose it.

Rocoteh

Procifica,

tried to pm you but your box is full.

Originally posted by Steph
IF you want to make a 17th to 18th century scenario in Europe, or a American colonization scenario, I think I know where to find unit graphics :D
I actually have something like that planned. So far only map is complete. It´s a solo project, but if you would like me to I can join the team, and bring my new scenario with me. I really only need civiliopedia help.:)

Originally posted by Yoda Power
I actually have something like that planned. So far only map is complete. It´s a solo project, but if you would like me to I can join the team, and bring my new scenario with me. I really only need civiliopedia help.:)

Sure but finish MEM first (and incorporate these beautiful Muslim units first !) :p

Originally posted by LouLong

Sure but finish MEM first (and incorporate these beautiful Muslim units first !) :p
ofcause, btw I might even release the new version this weekend:D

davbenbak, try pming me now, pm box shouldn't be full.

Yoda Power, would be nice to have someone with your talents aboard. :)

I think the American War of Independence or the Napoleonic Wars both would make good scenarios (especially the former, it could be made on similar lines as ACW).

Originally posted by Procifica
davbenbak, try pming me now, pm box shouldn't be full.

Yoda Power, would be nice to have someone with your talents aboard. :)

I think the American War of Independence or the Napoleonic Wars both would make good scenarios (especially the former, it could be made on similar lines as ACW).
Ok I´ll join, but the scenario will work in a different way than other scenarios, I already have the tech tree and most of the unit lines ready. Oh and it will only be the european powers, natives and some african civs, no USA sorry:p.

How would it work differently?

I'm assuming this is a Napoleonic Wars scenario, since it won't include the USA? (which makes some sense)

lol, let it be a surprise, I´ll give you hint, its about colonization, then you can figure out the rest yourself. I just have to finish v0.08 of the MEM then i can begin working on it, full-time:)

I would like to join the team ( I tried to email u but u have disables that) Im not the best one when it comes to the bix itself but I can help with the civilopedia and any history info\maps and stuff like that..

Civilopedia and information gathering is very important Sir John, we'd be glad to have you aboard.

I've updated the list at the top, to reflect who has decided to join the team so far. If you're interested, and your name isn't up there, PM me please.

If anyone wishes to work with ACW, there is a dedicated thread in the Scenario Forum.

Those interested in UWS, there is a dedicated thread in the main C&C forum for it.

Those interested in one of the other projects mentioned above, or who wish to bring one of their own ideas to the team (like Yoda Power has already done), post it here.

I am doing some ground-research for the (joint-project)
WWI-scenario. Today I registered and counted The British
Empires Pre-Dreadnoughts at the outbreak of WWI.

There were 43 of them. I then checked if someone had
done any "typical" Pre-Dreadnought units.
That is 4x12+inch guns in 2 turrets. No one had done it.
(But Smoking Mirror is close.)
This is not a unit request, just a reflection that there is
still many "holes" with regard to units.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom