[Scenario] Earth January 1942

Ya I put the Chinese UA in the XML, I wasn't sure if it was working or not :)

Well that sounds good w/e you want to do. The espionage system would need a lot of reworking, it would be cool if we could influence nations both minor and major to join an Alliance so that they will declare war on your enemies. Instead of having a espionage system just have a influencing system or something along those lines, it may be simpler and make Alternative History more fun.

Their are alot of nice things about G&K, I feel the AI is better especially at invading from the Sea. But like you said it may not be worth the effort, compared to being able to add more the 256 units among other features.

T_KCommanderbly, any reason you've set light tanks to upgrade to medium tanks ?

Seems it cause an issue with double promotions, and I'm afraid it would require some hard-coded checks to make sure promotions are compatible with the new class (see this post)

Okay, I'll put the Ausf-L at the end of the Panzer II line, and the Panther at the end of German medium tanks line in next version.

Okay, I'll put the Ausf-L at the end of the Panzer II line, and the Panther at the end of German medium tanks line in next version.

The Panther and the Panzer 4 ausf H should coexist somehow,with the Panther being stronger and the ausf H being more produceable

Would still benice to have a complete b uilding list for every playable faction

This is a very minor concern but the 31st Division on the Philippines should have it's name changed to the "Philippine Division" as the 31st Division (also known as the Dixie Division) never actually attacked the Philippines and in fact was put into a guard role while the invasion of Luzon was going on before its invasion of Mindano. The Philippine Division (insignia a bull) was wiped out in the invasion and its survivors went through the Bataan death march.

For some reason, Japan and Russia are at war, which was not the case until 1945

This is a very minor concern but the 31st Division on the Philippines should have it's name changed to the "Philippine Division" as the 31st Division (also known as the Dixie Division) never actually attacked the Philippines and in fact was put into a guard role while the invasion of Luzon was going on before its invasion of Mindano. The Philippine Division (insignia a bull) was wiped out in the invasion and its survivors went through the Bataan death march.

Thanks

For some reason, Japan and Russia are at war, which was not the case until 1945

Yes this is because when one nation is allied with another nation they share the same enemies (they weren't actually defined as being at war with eachother), this was something I didn't think about. I will change it and it's already solved in the new scenario I'm working on.

@T_KCommanderbly

Great scenario!!!!

Reading through the post I noticed that you are working on a complete make-over of the scenario.

Major issue on the current version is my inability to build harbors in the scenario. As I check the box embark from harbors only, this puts me slightly in a disadvantageous position.

Another issue already mentioned: aircraft on carriers...The Japanse fleet had a lot of torpedo aircraft stationed on their carriers.

However, this has been commented already quite some times in this thread.

So, I will wait till your complete make-over! Keep up the good work! It is appreciated.

Hi, it is the first time I'm playing this scenario and I don't understand well the projects.

For example: I built the Italian Macchi C.202 Folgore project, shouldn't I get the possibility to build a unit with the same name? Or it just "upgrade" another unit (which one?)?
Is there somewhere a table with all the projects detailed?

Other remarks:

1. AI (with the improved AI):
--1a. AI wastes air power on enemy cities whereas has enemy units taking its own cities.
--1b. AI continues to attack with badly damaged units instead of retreating them.
--1c. AI leaves lots of potentially useful units in its backyard doing nothing instead of moving them to the front (both land and sea).
2. Buildings:
--2a. There should be the possibility to build harbors?
--2b. Factories: why it is not possible to build some factories in the same city?
--3c. There are 3 types of air factories and just one type of land factory, it wouldn't be better to have 2 and 2?
3. I would love to see some anti-aircraft land unit.
4. I don't get XP from ship bombarding cities. Is this wanted?
5. Introduces some resources (at least oil) would really increase strategic depth.

I think the Japanese and Chinese are UP. Any chance of more UU for them?

@others Ya again I'm working on the Earth 1936 scenario and it will be updated to 1942 map I'm hoping to solve those issues (at least the ones that have to do with the scenario)

@civinator yep ill add more as soon as the unit limit is fixed which will hopefully be possible via DLL :) I do know the available Units for China are limited.

@others Ya again I'm working on the Earth 1936 scenario and it will be updated to 1942 map I'm hoping to solve those issues (at least the ones that have to do with the scenario)

@civinator yep ill add more as soon as the unit limit is fixed which will hopefully be possible via DLL :) I do know the available Units for China are limited.

Maybe some reskins of Soviet units would work for them.

The inclusion fo new research projects would obviously be nice, but before we even start thinking about that, the range on planes needs to be cut in half

Top Bottom