Scenario Ideas

NikNaks

Deity
Okay, so once we've completed the main map, we're going to have a series of other scenarios to play, hopefully. Now, I want to hear what you'd like to play :) Personally, I think a Middle East scenario would work well. What do you think?

1. Middle East
2. South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka)
3. North East Asia (N.Korea, S.Korea, U.S., China, Japan, Russia)
4. South China Sea (China, Taiwan, U.S., Phillippines)
5. Southern Africa
6. Central Africa
7. East Africa
8. Carribean

How about just Columbia/Venezuela with Bolivia in there are well? That is a war waiting to happen, of course we'd need the threat of American and Russian troops joining in as the war escalates.

lol, once we start on these (hopefully only after v1.0 IMO), we're going to have to add even more civs! :help:

Something tells me that by "The World 2011" there are going to be 192 civs in this mod. lol

We'll all be insane by then and it will be a totally new crew working on it. :lol:

I think Russia/ Georgia/ Chechnya etc might be a good idea - more civs (sorry!) but it is a situation and could blow up further. Plus having something as small as South Ossetia or Abkahzia (are they correct?) as a civ could be cool.
Also Iraq/ Afghanistan wars. Possibly something with you as Mugabe - hold onto power for as long as possible without backing down (changing civics, having too many revolts, being invaded). Also Iran or South Korea - someone with a nuclear program - challenged to go as nuclear as possible.
Less focused on war could be playing as China or Japan - simply build up the best economy you can.
Also think Israel/ Palestine/ (Hezbollah) could be interesting.

I think something to do with dwindling energy resources may be of relevance today; how about a scenario in which the European Union has to seek alternative energy sources before Russia cuts off its supply?

I think we need to finish the main mod before thinking about scenarios

I think we need to finish the main mod before thinking about scenarios

We can multitask!

Ideas:

War- Russian Wars (Georgia, etc.), Nuclear Iran, Nuclear N. Korea, Israel
Economics- Four Asian Tigers + China Economy Wars, Saudi Arabia Oil Embargo, Fixing Africa's Economy

I can help make a scenario, thing i would suggest is maybe Russia+China+Middle East verse USA+EU+NATO, sort of a pre ww3 thing, but that might be too unrealistic or not something that would happen in the next 10-20 years. just some ideas

but realistic scenarios or just creative scenarios (revolving around today's time)?

I tend to agree that the primaries on this mod shouldn't focus on secondary scenarios. But it doesn't hurt to have this thread for people to post ideas as we have them.

And of course, if there are folks like T_KCommanderbly who aren't working on this mod but want to contribute to scenarios, that is great.

but realistic scenarios or just creative scenarios (revolving around today's time)?

I think the idea is to keep things to realistic and predictable scenarios. Our goal is to represent the present world while avoiding making up the future.

Let me first off say, Welcome to the Forums cheesemijit :beer:

Now an answer to your question: it really depends on how unrealistic the scenario is, what were you thinking of?

well i was thinking to make it alike the game Frontlines based as a war between the west and the east for the oil rich areas of russia/ east europe/ middle east. the idea of russia and china fighting together is strange but i think would be fun.

and thanks for the welcome, i kinda thought i might get some annoyance for raising a deadish thread

Well it sounds realistic enough for me, but its probably best if you PM DVS about it and see what he thinks (tell him I told you to ask him about it). Anyways, we agreed we're not really going to work on any scenarios until we're close or have released Ver. 1.0, as right now we have to busy ourselves with fixing bugs and coding XMl and such.

edit: lol thought I would just put it out there for anyone reading that this is my 666th post :mwaha: :devil: :satan: :evil: :nya:

Top Bottom