Scenario League Wiki Rebuild

It's always good to have your stuff on multiple sites.

Well it should be pretty obvious by now that I feel the same way guys and you're just preaching to choir again haha. The point I was making earlier was that what happens to the files and where I think they should go didn't matter, as it wasn't up to me since I didn't have them. It was up to Solver and I had no idea how he felt about you guys and visa versa as I'd been out of the community for 20 years and missed all the big Poly dramas and flame wars (ie pandapocalyse lol) resulting in mass migrations to here and WPC. HOWEVER, it looks like all is well, circumstances have changed and today is a great day!!! :)

Solver (who was probably sick of me pestering him for lost files all the time lol) has given me a copy of the entire Apolyton Civilization 2 downloads collection (which includes Ultimate Civ2 and First Greek Civ2 sites downloads) and more importantly has given permission for me to share it with the communities! Literally hundreds and hundreds of maps, scenarios, modpacks and other files are now completely available to us! No joke!

Using 7zip I've managed to compress it right down to a reasonable size of 262MB and I've uploaded a copy of it to CFC's server here:
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ2/Apolyton_Civ2_Backup.7z
I've also placed a copy of it on archive.org in the new collection I'm building here:
https://archive.org/details/apolyton-civ2-downloads-backup

With this Apolyton backup and the old CivFanatics Atomic backup it means the majority of the classic Civ2 scenario scene is now backed up and preserved across multiple sites which is just brilliant. Of course my recent lost websites search showed there was still a decent amount of scenarios and mods out there that never made it to the big sites, plus there's all the scenarios that were just attached to a forum post instead of placed in the download areas, but I've managed to rescue a decent amount of stuff from out there which I'll continue to work on uploading to CFC & other hosts in the months to come. :)

Speaking of the CFC Atomic backup it's a 6GB download due to all the Civ3-4 stuff which is too massive for some people, so I figured since I've added a pure Apolyton Civ2 downloads into the archives I figured I may as well do a pure CFC Atomic one too. So I downloaded the big backup zip, took out the Civ2 section, recompressed it to 221MB and uploaded it here:
https://archive.org/details/civfanatics-atomic-civ2-downloads-backup
I haven't put this one on CFC as I believe all it's files are still here on CFC and accessible through the old legacy downloads area below and I don't want to annoy Thunderfall by duplicating hundreds of megs of stuff lol:
https://www.civfanatics.com/civ2/downloads/

But basically anyone who has in their possession these two 7zip files will quite possibly roughly have a good 80% of all the Civ2 scenario/modpack/maps/graphics content made between 1996 and 2010ish. So grab yourself a copy! :)

Maybe you guys might know more on this but I'm guessing there was some sort of 'interim' downloads area inbetween the Atomic era and the current era? I ask as I've seen quite a few CFC scenario download links posted around the forums (eg like all these ones from Agent327) that are not in the old atomic era backup or legacy download area and they are not in the current day downloads area either. These download links fail but the files are still on the server and Thunderfall has managed to get a few of them for me over the last year although he's a busy guy so I try not to pester him too much. What's cool is he's just given me a huuuuge historical file list of the CFC downloads area which includes this inbetween 'lost era', so I can now do file name searches and request specific files which is awesome!! Might see if there's a way to separate this lost inbetween era from the current and atomic ones and slap all that in a zip too. Then we'd REALLY have a lot of stuff preserved!!!

Anyway I can already see a bunch of scenarios from my big remaining missing long lost scenarios list thread in the Poly backup and no doubt I'll find a few more in Thunderfalls file list too so I'm gonna go do some searching and testing and update that thread with all the good news!!! :)

Last edited:
On the topic of wiki updates/replacements Thunderfall has just messaged a few of us to say that he's moved the SL wiki over to the new CivFanatics site and more interestingly also updated it to the latest version of mediawiki. I wonder if that will have any ease of use and security benefits since I remember you guys talking about having to disable signups due to spammers. It's also now on HTTPS so people won't get security warnings when visiting the wiki anymore thankfully.

(NOTE: if you try to visit the wiki you'll still end up on the old one as he won't replace it with the new one until we've finished testing)

Last edited:
Top Bottom