Scenario Makers' Trivia

Originally posted by Henrik

Basicly only the negotiation event :(
However, for one time "received technology" triggers, the anybody will be anybody (as only the civ that first triggers it will trigger it at all) ;)

I'm not sure but I think the schism event also works with anybody.

Also as far as I can tell, in case anyone is interested, the human and computer flags work in reverse for the negotiation event.

No, they can produce any nil,nil unit as well. Also, with the use of the CivCity utility you can allow them to build any unit in the game.

-FMK.

What's the combination of keys which repeats the last change to the terrain? (in cheat mode)

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
No, they can produce any nil,nil unit as well. Also, with the use of the CivCity utility you can allow them to build any unit in the game.

-FMK.

Nope. I don't mean if you go and change the production. I mean naturally by itself, are there any circumstances where a barbarian city will suddenly switch to build something else.

Originally posted by kobayashi

Nope. I don't mean if you go and change the production. I mean naturally by itself, are there any circumstances where a barbarian city will suddenly switch to build something else.

Ah, then IIRC, they will only build their unit that captured the city in the first place. However, I will also propose an edjucated guess as well.

You are familliar with the Barb 'ages' correct? You know, how sometimes they roll up with horsemen, then knights, the even with musketeers. Perhaps if a horsemen has captured the city, then eventually the city will go to producing knights, and then musk's. These are probably controlled by every regular civ's techs. @Chivalry comes barb knights and @gunpowder comes the barb musketeers.

-FMK.

My latest expereince leads to me speculate that the barbarians actually do research and when they discover a tech which makes the unit a city is making obsolete, it switches to the modern unit.

I have just deduced this from empirical evidence but since I can't hax-edit, I have no way of proving it convincingly.

Your explanation is possible too I suppose. I had assumed the barbarian paper rules only apply to the magically appearing barbarians. Also in my current project, I think I left out all the barbarian altering techs - just out of habit.

That barbarians DO research, and DO make tech breakthroughs, and it IS announced by the game when a barbarian tech breakthrough occurs. That much is certain, I have seen it myself. This usually occurs when the barbarians have several or a dozen or more cities, and one or more of the players has established trade routes with these barbarian cities.

I have no idea whether the barbarians switch their production, though I suspect that they do. I believe that it isn't techs gained that does it, though. IIRC, it seems that I've played default games in which the barbarians switched to production of more modern units when they were able to take a player-controlled city that was producing a more modern unit.

Isn't there a Scenario League tip that clarifies this?

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh

This would be my friend and yours, "Shift+Cntrl+F8".

-FMK.

Thanks.

The barbarians does gain techs, but they lose them imidietly afterwards, in fact if you give yourself a permanent embassy with the barbarians you will notice that they research the same tech several times per turn...

Also playing as the barbarians (trough a little trick with the cheatmenu I know) I have been able to verify this:
As soon as I gained a tech (trough stealing for instance) I lost it.

Barbarian production is indeed upgraded however, I recall the barbarians in Lisbon producing dutch grenadiers after a while when playing John Ellis's Collonies II scenario.
I don't know what rules that dictate the unit changes though :(

What happens when you trim off non essential parts of the graphics files - say the bottom of the units or people file?

Nothing (most people do this with the people.gif allready).

Which are the event triggers where 'anybody' becomes only the first tribe which triggered the event

eg. germans trigger an event and when english do the same thing nothing happens.

and which are the triggers where 'anybody' is really anybody?

eg. germans trigger an event and when english do the same thing they can have the same result.

The JUSTONCE command?

Lets say you have an event where if British infantry gets destroyed, a new one belonging to the British is created in London. Now lets say the British infantry being destroyed also happens to be in London.

(Assume the same torpedo perpetuation routine for Axis in ZWK.)

1. Does that make London invincible?

2. Does having 2 infantry in London to start off with make any difference?

This makes London nearly invincible. The UNITKILLED trigger fires immediately before you can attack again. However if you nuke the city the UNITKILLED trigger does not fire.

I can't remember (through not having built them in ages) whether the aricraft carrier can carry helicopters or whether they can only refuel in towns. If this is not the case then you could make a unit with the heli flag but no movement points and it would just have to stay wherever it was put.

Originally posted by duke o' york
I can't remember (through not having built them in ages) whether the aricraft carrier can carry helicopters or whether they can only refuel in towns. If this is not the case then you could make a unit with the heli flag but no movement points and it would just have to stay wherever it was put.

Good try but carriers also carry helicopters automatically.

Top Bottom