Scenario/Mod Recommendation

dafiden

First Founder
Hello all,

I'm looking for a recommendation here.

I've played Crossroads of the World, Charlemagne, and Rhye. All very cool mods, but the thing I like about all of them is the unique victory conditions and non-random map. That is, I enjoyed doing something other than conquering the world.

Does anyone have any recommendations for other mods/scenarios similar to these mods in that way? That is, do you know of a mod or scenario with specific victory conditions (other than the built-in victory conditions) and a non-random map?

Thanks.

P.S. Another fantastic example is the Return to Zombie Island scenario for Civ 3, but I'm looking for a Civ 4 example.

There's Afterworld in BTS; that's really different from regular CIV.
Theres a Vikings mod in Warlords where you have to collect enough plunder to win. (I also recommend the Genghis Khan mod even though it is a conquer the world one)
Fall from Heaven II now has a bunch of scenarios in its latest version, some of which have very different victory conditions (like collecting creatures for a menagerie) but there are also some conquer scenarios in them.

Hello all,

I'm looking for a recommendation here.

I've played Crossroads of the World, Charlemagne, and Rhye. All very cool mods, but the thing I like about all of them is the unique victory conditions and non-random map. That is, I enjoyed doing something other than conquering the world.

Does anyone have any recommendations for other mods/scenarios similar to these mods in that way? That is, do you know of a mod or scenario with specific victory conditions (other than the built-in victory conditions) and a non-random map?

Thanks.

P.S. Another fantastic example is the Return to Zombie Island scenario for Civ 3, but I'm looking for a Civ 4 example.

i like the Next War mod in bts

i love the assualt mechs

Do you know a mod where you can actually sell units instead of gifting?

I was thinking, UN is built and no nuke is passed, but you can continue to build, which is reasonable, since the world powers today dont stop building despite the UN resolution, so I would like to have a mod or a scenario lets you become an arms dealer, selling arms to terrorist factions, or terrorist civs (which I saw in a mod) and maybe use them against other civs...

Thanks. I'm going to try Fall from Heaven II since it looks the most like what I'm looking for. I'll follow up later with some thoughts.

I'd say that's a great choice.
Fall from Heaven II is an extremely high quality mod, and needless to say, my favorite. I'd recommend downloading the media pack if you have a good internet connection as it adds so much flavor.

Also, have you downloaded the latest version of Rhye's? There's been substantial improvements over the in box version that came with the game. It's over in the project and mod subforum.

Top Bottom