[SCENARIO + MOD] The Cold War (TCW:SF&B)

[WTN]Manhattan;6523791 said:
Is there still some work on this scenarios conversion. It's really great and literally made for BtS with all the new spy options...

I'm sure someone would love to convert this but there is no file that we can convert. Does anyone have the mod so that they can upload it? I'm not sure if I personally can convert it but even just a link to the download could help out immensly for this cause.

I'm sure someone would love to convert this but there is no file that we can convert. Does anyone have the mod so that they can upload it? I'm not sure if I personally can convert it but even just a link to the download could help out immensly for this cause.

Post #198 I posted a link to the scenario. It was about half a year ago, but it still works. I even downloaded the upload myself after I lost my harddrive.

Post #198 I posted a link to the scenario. It was about half a year ago, but it still works. I even downloaded the upload myself after I lost my harddrive.

Oh, wow how did I miss that? :crazyeye:

You know, when I was playing I was thinking about how the Israel and UN recognition can be implemented into game play and I thought 'what about relations?'.

Regarding the 'Israel Condemnation' I suggest implementing it so that it results in a -1 or -5 or something like that with Israel to the rest of the world, and as far as the UN recognition goes perhaps a +1 in relations with everyone world wide?

These are just ideas to make those UN votes more realistic and usable. ;)

Well first I would like to thank you for taking on the project. I personally don't know how to convert but maybe you should create a thread in the main c&c forum about which xml files have changed from bts and vanilla. I would imagine that most have remained the same however.

Attached is an unofficial update to the very unique scenario, TCW SF&B. I decided to put my two cents in and adjust various elements of the game to balance out small issues that still exist. Such as:

-Setting up initial defense pacts (i.e. NATO, Soviet-Cuban Protection Treaty)
-Adjusting the landscape in certain areas (i.e. Soviets can now ship military hardware overseas to Cuba, minor graphical glitches fixed.
-Removed advanced military that has yet to be researched and replaced them with more appropriate military that fits the civ's technology pool.
-Tweaked the promotions for French expeditionary forces and Vietnamese rebels (the battles will still be lost but at a slightly heavier cost).
-Gave the US 3 Navy SEALs units with several promotions to counter the Soviets ability to build as many Speznaz as they'd like.
-Added French Guiana to South America.
-Tweaked the culture so that certain civs aren't swamped by others during the game (the tweaks have slowed the gradual crawl of foreign culture into other countries' lands but have not stopped it.)

These element don't deter the core game play of the scenario or move away from the creators initial intention, it is simply a tweak that enhances certain parts of the game play.

Since I have not been granted permission to modify and post this the creator has but to simply ask for its removal if necessary.

Enjoy! :D

(P.S. The scenario is inside a rar file so you will need WinRAR or something compatible to the .rar file format to access it. Furthermore the file belongs in the Public Maps folder of the Civ 4 game. The commentary and mod link has remained intact.)

Attachments

• TCW_SF&B 1.2.rar
    31.6 KB · Views: 142
Is this for Vanilla CIV 4, or can this be played on Beyond the Sword?

Does it use the latest patch (3.17?)?

I have always thought the scenario needs a Japan. I once added Japan, but I suck at making scenarios and it was not perfect.

I also find the barbarian Indonesia a bit problematic. It should be a civ or perhaps not be there.

Can I just say this has always been one of my favorite (if not the greatest) scenarios on Civ4; since jlocke seems to have left us, all the more power to anyone seeking to update this scenario. I'd love to see it updated to BtS and all that... maybe even make a Giant Earth Map version, that'd be awesome.

I have always thought the scenario needs a Japan. I once added Japan, but I suck at making scenarios and it was not perfect.

I also find the barbarian Indonesia a bit problematic. It should be a civ or perhaps not be there.

The idea behind this scenario was to simulate geographical politics. By including nations that have had the most direct impact on regional or global politics with the limit slots that he had (without slowing down the time it takes for each turn) it resulted as such. Besides, it was mentioned that the US presence was due to its use of Japanese territory was for strategic use. I encourage you to modify it should you deem it partially satisfying, there's always room for a separate fix. Keep in mind however that this scenario was also balanced and designed for an interesting twist in UN elections, by placing only Japan (or even Indonesia) into the mix might slightly throw off the balance. On the contrary, this can be fixed with some thorough testing of the scenario to find the middle ground.

Can I just say this has always been one of my favorite (if not the greatest) scenarios on Civ4; since jlocke seems to have left us, all the more power to anyone seeking to update this scenario. I'd love to see it updated to BtS and all that... maybe even make a Giant Earth Map version, that'd be awesome.

I concur, it is a brilliant scenario. However I am incapable of upgrading it due to the lack of time and effort it requires to do so. Besides I like how the spy network works here as opposed to the revised version used in BTS (no offense to the makers, but it simply would not work to my liking for this scenario [though this doesn't stop someone else who does want it]).

This doesn't stop you from advertising for a group game however, I'll be happy to join (while further testing other weaknesses in the scenario).

I'm BACK!!
I FOUND THE DISC!!!
Gonna download the "unofficial update"
I'll say it again:
THIS IS OPEN FOR ALL MODDERS!!
I only have Warlords...I need to get the newer packs...so I don't know about conversion but anyone who wants to work on an update... post here!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Welcome back buddy :)

Wow! It's great to see you on here again. You can't imagine how much I have missed this Mod/Scenario since I moved to Beyond the Sword (BTS).

I can only hope that you can find the time to bring this marvelous Mod/Scenario over to BTS.

Welcome back!

If someone could direct me to the requirements for converting to BTS or WL...I would be very grateful...

I'm thinking of perhaps creating a faster version with less civs--maybe get rid of Yugoslavia and Spain and possibly add Pakistan (to create the South Asian Cold War dynamic.

Also, if anyone wants to help update the tech tree and import some of the new units that have been created in the time I've been away.

By the way: Here's what I've been up to
chicagopublicradio.org/worldview
(producing this here public radio program)

On updating this to Warlords, I think Primordial stew (Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire for Civ4) created a perl script to insert the new tags to a vanilla mod.

Top Bottom