[SCENARIO + MOD] The Cold War (TCW:SF&B)

I believe JLocke is still working on the matter of updating the scenario, though I have no confirmed information as to the progress of that conversion.

Here's an updated version of 1.2! Still does not work on BtW but it fine tunes some discrepancies in the game.

Fixes include:
-Increasing the barbarian strength for certain cities (to draw out its sovereignty period).
-Added the necessary techs to NATO for them to build their Blue Helmets.
-Removed UK's nuclear subs and replaced them with regular submarines.
-Jerusalem is Isreal's capital.
-Moscow becomes the "Holy City" of Communism.
-Religions in certain cities modified.
-Updated certain military units from Soviet player to match their technological progress.
-Revamped the tech knowledge some countries had to enable better accuracy.
-Designated Mecca Holy City of Islam.

Enjoy!

**Edit: Missed a minor fix re-download the scenario if you have already done so.**

Attachments

• TCW - SF&B v1.3.rar
    32.4 KB · Views: 150
Yes, Max Riga Mod. It's not bad at all. IMHO, the map is a little weird, cities are in the wrong place, and the size of the units is a bit small for my taste.

But, it is totally playable and works just fine.

Hey everyone :), I'm back with another unofficial patch. This one focuses on various small and larger issues regarding game play. The following changes have been made:

-Yellowknife & Montreal inserted to help counterbalance USA's overwhelming culture into Canada.
-Removed Prague from its original position and placed it at the location Krakow once was (this was to help ease eastern Europe's culture).
-Modified Yugoslavia's culture (You will now notice that Yugoslavia will play a more pivotal role in the Balkans as they split NATO into two and can provide more legitimate voting influence, note however that this is still one of the hardest civs to play).
-Made Yugoslavia an undecided state to ideology as its "Communist" loyalty has been reset to no state religion.
-Renamed "NATO" to "Capitalism" (it seemed more appropriate).
-Added more fighters in certain key bases for the US.
-Reset India-Iran relations to zero. This will normally start the game off with each civ being annoyed with the other (I don't have thorough material indicating the kind of relationship India and Persia/Iran had back in those days but I did this to simulate Pakistan's role during the war, since Iran tends to invade Karachi and sometimes Kabul & Dacca, I wouldn't be surprised if India would be concerned about Iran's activities. This creates more spin in southern Asia beyond just Vietnam, but this will also make it tougher for the Soviets to win over India for the UN.)
-Readjusted India's relationship with the Soviet Union.
-Renamed the government types to follow a more realistic and interesting approach in game play (i.e. Martial Law, Absolute Monarchy, Oligarchy, etc.)
-Although I didn't follow through with all out adjustments to all of the civics, I did make small adjustments to the "Nationalism" civic which increases unrest to drafts each time the leader enacts it.
-Renamed "Odessa" to "Bucharest"
-Other smaller minor adjustments to culture and units.

I've tested this game through three times and still have observed very different results. I think this will heighten the intensity of competition and dynamics of geopolitical warfare. Just a note for those who may ask, this is only a vanilla version so sorry to disappoint I'm still not that skilled to code over to the latest expansion. I have however experimented using the "MAD Nuke Mod" and various "Balance" mods (none of which have been implemented but have altered the mechanics on a small scale).

This patch includes the entire mod, simply place it in the "Mods" folder of your Civilization 4 directory and load the mod up.

Attachments

• TCW SF&B.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 145
The attached file 1.8 had been rebalanced:

-Yugoslavia's culture has been rebalanced.
-India absorbs Karachi & Dacca.
-USSR absorbs Kabul.
-UK absorbs Mandalay & Rangoon.

Note that even if the last three alterations aren't historically accurate I felt that for game play reasons they should be incorporated. Enjoy!

Attachments

• TCW_SF&B 1.8.zip
    43.5 KB · Views: 142
Here's an updated version of 1.2! Still does not work on BtW but it fine tunes some discrepancies in the game.

Fixes include:
-Increasing the barbarian strength for certain cities (to draw out its sovereignty period).
-Added the necessary techs to NATO for them to build their Blue Helmets.
-Removed UK's nuclear subs and replaced them with regular submarines.
-Jerusalem is Isreal's capital.
-Moscow becomes the "Holy City" of Communism.
-Religions in certain cities modified.
-Updated certain military units from Soviet player to match their technological progress.
-Revamped the tech knowledge some countries had to enable better accuracy.
-Designated Mecca Holy City of Islam.

Enjoy!

**Edit: Missed a minor fix re-download the scenario if you have already done so.**

At the start of this scenario '61 Jerusalem was a divided city divided between Israel and Jordan, but it was the Capital of Israel :) so any plans to update this for BTS?

At the start of this scenario '61 Jerusalem was a divided city divided between Israel and Jordan, but it was the Capital of Israel :) so any plans to update this for BTS?

So was Berlin but for game play purposes it was done so. I don't know the necessary code to update this and to be really honest I have other priorities that sit higher up on the list that demand my attention more than figuring out how to update this to BTS. Sorry buddy, someone else will have to do it :)

Hey... I was playing as the French and got around to building a CH47... and that's when the trouble started. Not only did it start with 39 experience (I *think* it was supposed to have 8, maybe I didn't have a barracks, I'm not sure) but I couldn't get attack odds, and when I *did* attack the combat log reported that the enemy had taken a roughly negative two hundred million percent penalty because of a domain error. Anyone know what to fix? I could of course proceed to conquer the world with my transport helicopters, but that would be altogether silly and the novelty wears off after the first city.

Started a match with a friend recently and just before getting things going I noticed there was a few spelling errors (a must fix), I also made other very minor adjustments. All of these don't affect game play terribly but they're nice little changes. Feel free to download and play, simply add to the publicmaps folder and fire it up :)

EDIT: Fixed minor adjustments to government civics and handicap.

Attachments

• TCW_SF&B 1.8.3.zip
    47.7 KB · Views: 104
Okay so after thoroughly play testing a lot of countries and games, me and another programmer are going to fix a lot of standing issues. These will be included in 1.9:

:D-ALL fighters and intercepters will be able to operate on a carrier.
:D-Rebalacing Soviet fighter and American fighter upgrade costs.
:D-Revamping infrastructure and city improvements across the WHOLE map, tile by tile.
:D-Remove all non-essential units from the building options (i.e. scout, frigate, etc.)
:D-Rebalacing some culture.
:D-Forcing defense stance for transport vehicles (noticed the post about the chinook and Mi26 doing wierd stuff on the offensive).
:D-Possibly removing 'scrub fallout' option for workers to make the effect of nuclear meltdowns and nuclear strikes that much more effective and deadly.
:D-Reducing the chances of nuclear meltdowns (should be 15% of meltdown for 100 reactors in 100 turns as opposed to 40%).
:D-Possibly adding new units (reintroducing Navy SEALS, Helicopter Carriers, etc.)
:D-Revamping unit costs for certain units (primarily fighters)
:D-ALLOWING FREE NAVAL MOVEMENT ON ALL WATER TILES REGARDLESS OF OWNERSHIP, this was inspired by the Ryse mod and I feel this will allow for more transport dynamic and interesting gameplay.
:D-Renaming cities, adding cities, switching cities, etc.
:D-Changing leaderhead preferences (favorate civics and such).
:D-There might be more civs (further testing will have to be done for that).

These are but a few of the changes me and my friend are making. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feel free to chime in your own ideas on what can be improved. I will be certain to look into it at the very least. What we will not focus on for this new patch is:

:mad:-NO Civilopedia text fixes.
:mad:-NO upgrade to Warlords or BtS (this mod is beautifully crafted for vanilla and should stay that way, if you want to take on the monumental task of bringing it over to the other expansions be my guest, I fully support it).
:mad:-NO leaderhead dialog text fixes.

Those issues will not be the focus of the 1.9 patch so no need in asking about those.

As always I would like to thank Jlocke and the other contributing modders for making this project possible! You guys are truly original!

I wonder if you guys can change Iran a bit. The game starts in 1960 so could you change the leader from Khomeini to the Shah Reza and the flag?

Noted. Should changes happen to take place (tricky at the moment since that would tip the political balance of the game) I would think that Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (The Shah) would have been leader at the time.:king:

Top Bottom