[SCENARIO + MOD] The Cold War (TCW:SF&B)

jlocke said:
Is it loading the mod correctly before starting the scenario?
Is there text at the leader selection screen?

no, there is no text.i can see kennedy.here is another screenshot

Attachments

• pic.bmp
    370.6 KB · Views: 326
it still does not work:cry: so i´ll have to wait for a wonder, sit and watch the playtest reports of the others.
thank you for your help jlocke.
i´ll try other ways to get it work

I think that it is because it doesn't have text files in German for a lot of things. This is the only other thing that I can think could be the reason.

I am uploading a new version now, with air transports.

Edit:
Vericitas:just change the language to english and I'm sure it will look fine.

New Version Uploaded, with new features!

version 0.6

fixed/added:
-aluminum now only needed for US/USSR only units (SU's,T-80, F-35, F-18 etc.)
-Air transport new unit, transports 1, 4 per team
-Synthetic Oil plant available to build
-Globe Theatre=National Theatre, Rushmore=Nationalist Monument
-Great Person rate fixed
-Some nations renamed correctly (UAR, USA, USSR)
-Added Revolutionary as additional Vietnamese UU (infantry class)
-Unnecessary Insurgent cities eliminated for speed
-Settlers now buildable to exploit oil resources

Still needs:
-Tech Tree coordinates

Please delete old versions, then install the new one.
This is 0.6 (next version not coming until next week at the earliest)

-With new units (like the Air Transports), better resources relationships, this version is much more fun to play as minor nations (without any oil)

-also: (USSR and USA are now closer to even at start of the game, new city for USSR [Saratov], USA no longer starts with Chinook tech)

I need to get to 1.0 before June 3, when I travel to Deutschland to see the Welt Meistershaft/Copa Mundial/World F____ Cup
Gonna be mainly tweaking from here on out.

One big thing with gameplay I want to iron out is the unit costs... I've changed a lot, but some might still be too low.

Any feedback is, of course, appreciated.

Seems nice. :goodjob: I like the pole in the centre and will give it a try after exams. Just a geography note by the screenshots, Vienna is actually more to the east than prague and berlin, Austria was shaped like a teeth into soviet colonies. (that's why USSR insisted it to remain neutral)

lag seems to be unavoidable on all mods, once civilizations grow and and armies as well it is slow down city all you can do is delay it by limiting workers, which this mod has, which is good.

I have played up 1967 this far and so far i think it is a good mod. Like the way that communsm is a religion and once you get used to the map its pretty cool. I am yet to devolop nukes but is the AI actually going to built them? as they never do usually? good to see sdi is really expensive but think bomb shelters should only offer 50% protectionrather than 75%

I like the way Cuba is in this mod about time someone recognised the importance of Cuba in he cold war (1962 missile crisis and that) and Vietnam (how can u have a cold war mod without Vietnam???) plus Isreal is a nice touch given the 1947,56,67 and 74 wars and their impact on the superpows.

All in all a good job in my opinion.

Any chance of an explantion on what the new UN resolutuions leed to?

Any chance of tactical battlefield nukes? and nukes that are mobile so they can be traken out of cities, it would also be a nice touch if early icbms had a limited range so you have to place them on allied soil to target the enemy (like the Cuban missile crisis)

Is the scenario out yet?

darkedone02 A lot of lag thanks to many civs
Well, I am getting 15-20 sec turn times, even at the end of the game, on my 512mb 2.something ghz super-generic video card systems, so I'm sorry it lags for you, but compared to other mods, it's faster on my system. Actually, I first made it on a larger map with 18 civs, but wanted it to be faster so I used a much smaller map AlazkanAssassin made, and cut out all non-essential civs (except maybe Yugoslavia, but I like their presence) I also cut the barbarians down to a minimum to speed it up. But just for you, once I get to 1.0, I will make a version with even less civs and less starting units that should go even faster for you. So this is as fast as it can get for now.
TheBoatman Vienna is actually more to the east than prague and berlin
This is a good point, originally that city was named Munich on my map, but I thought it would be nice to include most of the NATO capitals. Which city do you think was more important to the NATO infrastructure and economy?
Also: there are some other pretty glaring errors in the area of North East Asia, I misnamed Kamchatka to Vladivastok, and probably China is way messed up. Any corrections are welcomed, but I couldn't get total accuracy since, especially in Europe, the map is pretty cramped. England looks pretty silly, as a result.
Zalcron: I am yet to devolop nukes but is the AI actually going to built them? as they never do usually? good to see sdi is really expensive but think bomb shelters should only offer 50% protectionrather than 75%
Any chance of an explantion on what the new UN resolutuions leed to?
The AI has been building, but not using Nukes on me. When I give them nukes to start the game, they use them right away on barbarians, which is pretty stupid. Good suggestion for the bomb shelters, I'll put that in the next version. I think the planes might be too inexpensive at this point.
Also, the UN resolutions to "Condemn Israel" and "Honor the UN" don't do anything, they are just kind of jokes. "Global Beaurocracy" makes it a universal civic, "World Peace" makes Pacifism universal, and "Kyoto Protocol on Global Warming" makes Environmentalism universal. I should add these to the descriptions. If anyone has a way of making the UN do more than civics and victory and trade I would be interested in implementing it. I did see a diplomatic victory in the 70's last game (I was Cuba) as USSR took most of central and eastern europe, and gained the population to get the 60-some-odd percent needed for a diplo victory.
Any chance of tactical battlefield nukes? and nukes that are mobile so they can be traken out of cities, it would also be a nice touch if early icbms had a limited range so you have to place them on allied soil to target the enemy (like the Cuban missile crisis)
This would be great. So far, for some reason the ICBM for subs unit is not being buildable, I should ask MaxRiga about this, as he created that interface. I don't know of any way to change the abilities of Nukes (range, intercept prob) but I would definately love to have that. In earlier versions, I placed a Russian ICBM in Cuba, but it was just used on barbarians. Now there are only USSR migs, spetnaz and red army stationed in Cuba at the start. (and they tend to stay there)

Last Completed Games:
1. USA:
USSR and China made a permanent alliance, I wanted to make it tougher so allied with Israel rather than NATO, took Baghdad and Tabriz from Iran. As seems to be usual, UK declared war on USSR and gets all their colonies taken by communists, eventually the communists declared war on us, and they had taken back my middle east possesions and northern half of Israel when I won a Space Race victory in 1976 (soviets got early space lead, then stop building components while they went to war with India, UK and S.Arabia (who seems to ally with India quite often)
2 Cuba: Eventually made a permanent alliance with China, colonized mexico, took Haiti, this game USSR stormed over Europe without running afoul of the USA, and won a diplomatic victory, even though they didn't have a permanent alliance with anyone. I am considering starting the game with USA having defensive pact with NATO and Israel.

I had a sweet game as China. I allied USSR, went to war with US and seized all its asian colonies including Japan and Taiwan and took Alaska. About the time I took the Philappines NATO declared war on us so I used my good relations with the Muslim nations and Egypt to bring half the world (Commie and Muslim) against them. Russia and I marched across Europe but stopped at the French border. I made peace with the US so I could invade Canada and began my epic march west taking Canada's cities. Then I decided in order to continue the war against NATO I would have to go to war with the France-Israeli alliance. We plowed through Israel and onto Paris when the Russia/China alliance won a diplomatic victory thanks to our extreme popularity with everyone except US, Britain, NATO (half gone), France (half gone), and Israel (virtually non existant.) Even Yugoslavia and India supported us, which was a bit odd. Fun stuff though. I enjoyed the game very much.

is there a way to stop the AI bulding obsolete units? for example the US player continues to build piston engine fighters despite me building mig 25's and so-one!! they have invented modern aircraft and have all the raw materials.

Top Bottom